MERGED: Dolphins stadium to lose the s, new logo?\New Stadium Logo | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins stadium to lose the s, new logo?\New Stadium Logo

I think it has less to do about the Dolphins football team and more about the whole concept Wayne has for developing the area around the stadium.

ILPhinFan88 said:
I think it has less to do about the Dolphins football team and more about the whole concept Wayne has for developing the area around the stadium.

You mean having a tank of dolphins with laser beams?

clear.gif

Yes. Lets make that our new logo.

Nothing says 'fear us' like a tripped out tri-colored retro Dolphin.

The logo is fine for the stadium but not the helmet. :rolleyes:

Disgustipate said:
Do you really think the Dolphins logo sells because its aesthetic appeal, or because of the team it's attached to?

We've currently got a goofy cartoon Dolphin as our logo. The damn thing looks like it should be hawking some sort of seafood entree, not representing a football team. No one buys the merchandise because they like seeing a surly looking cartoon Dolphin.

I think you are right. The current logo is cartoonish. I prefer the old logo MUCH better. I like the Dolphin lower with its head in the center of the sun. The new logo has the Dolphin centered directly in the middle of the sun. A updated "retro" style would be great with the color gray incorporated. (real dolphins are gray in color.) How about gray uni pants with aqua and orange piping on the side. Anyone have photoshop who could give us an idea of what that looks like??:dolphins:

"

Disgustipate said:
Are you telling me that you buy your Dolphins merchandise not because of attraction or loyalty to the team, but because you like the logo?

It's obvious that all, or most people here are loyal to the team, but I could be a loyal follower, and wear a blank white T-shirt if I did not like the logo.

I have over 30 jersey's, countless T-shirts, and about 25 hats. All of them have the logo that I proudly wear on a daily basis.

So your answer is both. Love the team, love the logo...

The older logo is better than the new one, but the new one at least retains the classic elements (Dolphin, sun ring of fire, helmet with "M"). The new stadium logo (if that's what it is) does not retain many of those elements.

Perfect23 said:
I buy the stuff cause its my team.

Do you like the stuff you buy?

I know I'm not wearing nothing out in public that I don't like. But that's just me.

What happens if the team changes their theme to pink tu tu's? You gonna buy that and wear it too just because it's your team?

This thing looks like something I could have come up with by piecing together a few Clip Art Objects and adding the text. Hope we keep our normal logo for everything else.

Back
Top Bottom