Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins

yamutha3002 said:
If Burress were willing to sign for one year and one year only for somewhere in the 2-3 million range I personally wouldn't be against it. Although I'm no Burress fan I feel he would most certainly help us upgrade our WR crop for the upcoming 2005 season.

This would also allow us to release Marty "The Cry Baby" Booker which would make me very happy because I am also no fan of this prideless mediocre aqusition from the Speilman era whoms human existence may have likely cost us the 4th overall pick from the bears when making a deal for O-Gun. Booker is not happy being a Dolphin, he misses Chicago and even told a reporter during the Monday Night Massacre against the Jets that he stays up in his hotel room at nights sometimes and crys about the trade still. That is pathetic, the NFL is a business and if your old team doesn't think enough of you to keep you around then you should appretiate the fact that another team does.

As for Boston he most likely isn't coming back and even if he does we still don't need Booker. With that being said as long as the price is right I am all for it.

im not in the mood to tear your post down right now, but please dont trash on a classy and talented guy like marty booker, thanks.

Riiiiiight...Go to sleep waterboy, I like Gilmore too but I wouldn't want to rely on him as my number 2. As for Thompson it is beyond me why that man has not been released he could really save us a couple of bucks under the cap.

CashInFist said:
I live up here in Steelers country and I hear a lot about that team. I am telling you...WE DO NOT WANT PLAXICO! If anyone would know about the Steelers it is their fans. If they don't want him at any price, I don't want him on my team either. They were praying he wasn't thrown the ball in the AFC Championship game!

Perhaps if Big Ben had thrown the ball more towards Burress inthe Championship game, they would have gone to the Super Bowl...
I don't think Plaxico will even visit here. I just think that if he came here for cheap, I wouldn't complain.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Next thing Drew is gonna say is that God wants to be our general manager.

our GM is already god!

is it drew which is the one who always gets players overpaid?

Burress wants to play for the Dolphins.

"Plaxico has told me he wants to play for the Dolphins," Rosenhaus said of Burress, a free agent who had 35 catches for 698 yards last season. Burress, 6-feet-5, 226 pounds, played for Dolphins coach Nick Saban at Michigan State."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/03/14/w2c_roundup_0314.html

Can we afford him ? Do we want him? Everyone seems to want to come to Miami only if we will pay expensive contracts.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
"Plaxico has told me he wants to play for the Dolphins," Rosenhaus said of Burress, a free agent who had 35 catches for 698 yards last season. Burress, 6-feet-5, 226 pounds, played for Dolphins coach Nick Saban at Michigan State."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/03/14/w2c_roundup_0314.html

Can we afford him ? Do we want him? Everyone seems to want to come to Miami only if we will pay expensive contracts.

Did you not see the 2 or 3 other threads on Burress on the first page of the forums? :lol:

FinzManiac said:
Did you not see the 2 or 3 other threads on Burress on the first page of the forums? :lol:
Chill out :shakeno: I mean its not as if the title of this thread was misleading, you read it with the soul purpose to bash this guy. Chill the hell out.

J Tes said:
Chill out :shakeno: I mean its not as if the title of this thread was misleading, you read it with the soul purpose to bash this guy. Chill the hell out.

If I was bashing the guy I wouldn't have included a :lol: at the end of my post. I think you are the one who needs to "chill the hell out" :shakeno:

MarSly said:
Burriss would be a better option than Thompson.

I am of the opinion that almost ANYTHING would be better than Thompson. He did make the catch in front of Troy Brown that beat the Pats though and that I will never forget.

Dude if you guys can even afford his ridiculous contract demands why would you want to put more money into one of the only positions where you have solid talent? Burress is overrated.

For the right price I would take Plax for atleast a year and line him up opposite Chambers but honestly I would rather draft Braylon Edwards and line him up opposite Chambers on opening day

Back
Top Bottom