Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins

Our problem is that we need a #1 WR, not a #2...we have Chambers who is a solid #2, with potential to be a #1, but hasn't really shown it...I/m not ready to give up on Chambers, because he did have 700+ yards last year with a pittiful offense. Plax was let go in Pitts, in part, because he has #1 talent, it just doesn't translate to his play. He is inconsistent. For the asking price, I'd rather see St. Nick draft someone in the 3rd round.

Burress will be a stud. We'll see how good Roethlisburger is next year without Plax, oh yeah they replaced him with Cedrick Wilson, lol. Burress is as good as Chambers. I'd love to have him somehow. And EDGE!Please trade for Edge-pleeeaaase!

Noodle Arm said:
I posted this at 2:28 today...

Dang I'm good! :wink: :lol:
Good thought and for getting it down in writing, cause I am sure 90% of the people on here once we saw Plax and Drew getting together thought oh oh here comes the Plax to Mia requests. The Phins might as well hire Drew as a scout as all our players end up getting signed by him!

X-Con said:
Drew Rosenhaus just said on Sports Extra that Plaxico Burress told him & his brother Jason that he wants to play for the Dolphins. Plax lives here in the offseason and wants to re-unite with Nick Saban & Charlie Baggett. The deal for Drew to be Plaxico's agent is not done yet, but it will be official in the near future. Interesting stuff.

Also, there's not much of an update on Edgerrin James. Drew says that everybody(including Edge) wants to play for the Dolphins, but there should be some interesting developments this week.

On a side note, Shapiro is interviewing Saban on Tuesday and asked Drew if there's anything he'd like to ask Nick. Drew said to ask him to sit down with him and work out a deal for Edgerrin James & Plaxico Burress. :tongue:
:lol:

Funny. I hinted at this a week ago and got chastized for it........
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=69243&highlight=burress
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=69632&highlight=burress

I'll say it again, he would NOT be a bad sign if the price was right. Chambers isnt a legit #1 WR in this league.... he is a very very good #2 guy but he lacks the height IMO to be a legit #1.

I'd be really happy if we got Burress. He's got all the tools to be good-great and just hasn't brought it all together. I think some of it had to do with the QB situation over in Pitt. If I remeber correctly, Stewart would look for him all the time and his numbers were good. When Maddox got in there, it was all Hines Ward and now after just getting comfy with the Burger he's out. A change of scenery might really turn him into the star he should be.

The only bad thing I would see in this whole thing is that if we do sign him, the entire league will know were not drafting Edwards or Williams. Not that we're going to, but I'd rather have everyone guessing. I would imagine this might hurt our chances of trading down if we were to go that route.

This is my first post here.

I just wanted to let Saban know that I'm interseted in playing for the Dolphins.
I have a home in Florida and I think I'll fit in well at the 3-4.I'll have Drew give him a call.

THUN86J

If you are PLaxio... why would you sign a one year deal with the dolphins...?? In our offense... he'll be lucky to get 500 yds for the season.. haha..
im sure hell end up with the Vikes or Skins.

im sure his last choice is the dolphins.... he is looking for a long-term deal..something i dont think the fins can afford.

Plaxico might be one of the top 10 worst Playmakers in the NFL. Ever since his rokkie year I've never seen him step up and have a good game. Drew, Just look away from the dolphins on this one.......just bring me a cheap Edge or something

dolfreak said:
Plaxico might be one of the top 10 worst Playmakers in the NFL. Ever since his rokkie year I've never seen him step up and have a good game. Drew, Just look away from the dolphins on this one.......just bring me a cheap Edge or something

How about against the Ravens when he exploded for ~200 after Sharpe called him out in the newspapers.

dolfreak said:
See, the thing is, playing ball in Pittsburgh, you cant have 100 yard games when you only get the ball 2-3 times thrown to you a game unless you average 50 yards a catch. :lol:

See, the thing is, playing ball in Pittsburgh, you cant have 100 yard games when you only get the ball 2-3 times thrown to you a game unless you average 50 yards a catch.

Burress would never be a #1 guy. In fact, if he came here he'd argueably be the #3

Eric-Gofins said:
If you are PLaxio... why would you sign a one year deal with the dolphins...?? In our offense... he'll be lucky to get 500 yds for the season.. haha..
im sure hell end up with the Vikes or Skins.

im sure his last choice is the dolphins.... he is looking for a long-term deal..something i dont think the fins can afford.

Because currently he is coming off an injury year where he is asking more than he is worth. Himself and his agent said, in an article I posted in the other thread, that he might haveto sign a 1-2 year deal and prove his worth and re-enter the ***ent market. Teams right now think he might be a risk, so signing for an incentive 1-year deal to prove you worth before you can hit up the 5 year, 25-30 million contract is an option for Plax.

Very true about our LAST YEARS offense. Remember we have different OC's this year so I expect the playcalling to change drastically.

What about that game against the Ravens??? Everyone has a 200 yard game even if your not that great. I dont see Plax as an upgrade over anyone we have....if anyting he's a poor man's Marty Booker. what does Plax avergae a year like 50 catches. I've had him in fantasy teams and he's been dropeed various times, 'nuff said.

dolfreak said:

This coming from the Ronnie Brown loyalist? I'm surprised you haven't started another "Why the Dolphins should draft Ronnie Brown" thread. Did you jump off the band wagon already? How does Edge fit into your Ronnie Brown plans? Maybe he can block for him Edge since he's really good at that?

Back
Top Bottom