Omar Kelly should be removed of his position. He sucks!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly should be removed of his position. He sucks!!!

Omar: guys, no more QB talk!!!
Random tweet: any new shoes, omar?
Omar: ok, you forced my hand, Tannehill is a bottom 20 QB...

Please....who ever uses the term bottom 20? That's a clear lame attempt at criticism. So in the reverse you could argue that he is a "top 13" quarterback?

And how many of the top 12 played behind a bad line that got them sacked 58 times?

OK is a baiter plain and simple.
LOL, yes Tannehill is clearly in the bottom 30...

Please....who ever uses the term bottom 20? That's a clear lame attempt at criticism. So in the reverse you could argue that he is a "top 13" quarterback?

And how many of the top 12 played behind a bad line that got them sacked 58 times?

OK is a baiter plain and simple.

Well the way I look at it is, if you're outside of the top 10 who cares........and please stop using the bad OL as an excuse, every QB that didn't make the playoffs can make an excuse, If only he had a true #1 receiver, if only he had a running game, if only he had a seam threat TE, if only he had a ..........., bottom line you go to battle with what you have no excuses......

its funny omar tells it exactly how it is and 99 percent of this board cant stand him. but all you have to do is remeber if you critisize baby jesus for being exactly what he is, a bottom 20 qb youll get ripped to shreds.

whadya want: every pundit an Andy Cohen.. writing nothing but syrupy goo about how every fart this team ushers is potpourri, or some biting Omar commentary with a smidge of truth woven in? if it's something middle ground.. that's Armando!

its funny omar tells it exactly how it is and 99 percent of this board cant stand him. but all you have to do is remeber if you critisize baby jesus for being exactly what he is, a bottom 20 qb youll get ripped to shreds.

Nice strawman argument. No one is saying he is baby jesus (grow up). Most posters here say he made good progress but has things to work on. I guess if we dont flame every chance we get, we are homers.

Also, to say he didnt step up when it mattered is ridiculous. He did quite a few times, problem is people make this judgement based on two games. The Jets game is on him for sure, but the bills game was unwinnable based in how the whole team played.

Go write for some other team because you never have anything good to write about the Dolphins. You are always so negative, it's no wonder the a lot of the fans are negative. To call Ryan Tannehill a bottom 20 QB is just plain stupid. The kid played behind arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL last year, and still put up pretty decent numbers the kid has so much upside. You should start writing your articles in crayon's because you sure don't write like an adult. I got rid of the Sun-Sentinel app on my phone because I am sick of your crappy writing. Go Away!!

Who are you talking to, Omar? Then why don't you write all this on his blog?

Anyway, the last thing Omar said that I read was that Tannehill can be a top 15 QB, but hasn't developed enough, and continues to display the same problems he had in college. How is that untrue in any way?

Tanny is raw, and from what I've seen still has not been developed properly. He has another chance this year. We'll see how it goes. Philbin said just recently that he needs work on his footwork/release, etc, so it still sounds like he's a work in progress.

The subject at hand isn't who would you want to be your quarterback for the next 5-10 years, so your qualifier isn't germane to the conversation.

Yet he still managed to have a better season than RT, throw for 4300+ yard, have a 25-11 TD/Int ratio, and get his team to the AFC Championship Game despite a rash of player injuries that probably would have been near impossible to overcome for many other teams. If you look at Brady's stats from 2001-2007, you'll see many years where he had very similar numbers to last year.

That's nonsense. You have no way of knowing how he'd do with an entirely different set of personnel. You have no way of knowing if Brady would have the same trouble getting on the same page with Wallace that RT had. You have no way of knowing how far the level of play of our wide receivers would have risen because Brady was tossing them the rock.

LOL ...yeah, his weak arm only threw for 5400+ yards and set the season TD record. I wish RT had an arm that weak.

I'd want Brady or Manning around for a few years so that the qb I had in the wings could learn as much from them as possible. If we're going to talk about what's best in the long run, that's it.

Omars tweet laid no standards to meet for his ranking so your implying yardage and wins last season is the equivalent to me using the future as a guide line. The difference is I specified if those were the guidelines that is how I would make my decision. You assumed last years numbers were the guidelines for the debate.

Football is a team game and records still reflect that. Brady and Manning are vets and savvy, I never argued against them or their numbers. Manning had a great season last year and I assume will this season but he also had a ton of weapons that we have nothing that even looks similar. Manning wins games with a earned knowledge of football as does Brady, it isn't in either case as much their football physical skills anymore. For people like Omar and you to think a guy like Tannehill should compete in that realm is unrealistic.

Question, your signature criticizes the Dolphins and you openly do it. Why not just find another team to pull for? We are in the off season of a team that is clearly into the middle steps of developing and nothing will make you happy.

Is he still counting Garrard, you know, his Baby Jesus, as one of the 12 or so above RT17

The idea of bottom 20 QBs is a stupid idea / descriptive statistic. The bottom 20 is the bottom 2/3 rd of starting WBs. Who discusses the bottom 2/3rd of anything? Top five, top 10, bottom 5, bottom ten or top half or even quartiles (for he who must not be named) are at least conceptually familiar. I guess Omar's is just groundbreaking in his thinking and we don't get him.

tannehill has been mediocre for 2 years, 15-17 proves that. im not saying he cant be a good qb and lead us to the playoffs but he hasnt done it yet. for writing that or if anyone points that out, they are ridiculed, told to go root for another team, asked why theyre on this site and belittled. i guess the only opinion to have on this site is tannehill is a soon to be franchise qb and its everyone elses fault when we lose a game. omar kelly is an excellent source for dolphin news, he just tells it like he sees it.

The idea of bottom 20 QBs is a stupid idea / descriptive statistic. The bottom 20 is the bottom 2/3 rd of starting WBs. Who discusses the bottom 2/3rd of anything? Top five, top 10, bottom 5, bottom ten or top half or even quartiles (for he who must not be named) are at least conceptually familiar. I guess Omar's is just groundbreaking in his thinking and we don't get him.

How do you guys not understand that the term Bottom 20. Means the teams that do not make the playoffs. Which means the teams who have LOTS of work to do. The fact that so many of us dont understand this term, just goes to show that we have been stuck in this bottom 20 for far too long. We don't even understand the playoff "lingo".

And for people who HATE omar so much, you all seem to know everything about him, so much that I would assume you continue to follow him on twitter.

:lol:

I dont mind Omar, he is extremely opinionated, and I will admit he can't take it, but enjoys dishing it out. I do miss jeff darlington.

I personally can't stand Armando.

so then make up your mind. Is it when tannehill gets hit from behind or when he's running the ball?

you can't make a statement like that then change he criteria of your standards.

P.S. Wison fumbled 10 times in 16 games.

Tannehill handles the ball roughly 630 times during the course of the season, wilson handled the ball about 500 times.

In 130 more touches, Tannehill fumbles 1 less time.

Where's your argument now?

Not sure where either of you are getting your numbers. Wilson had 973 snaps regular season, Tannehill had 1021. Negligible difference (48 snaps). Tannehill threw the ball more, however, which would make him more vulnerable to being hit and fumbling. It definitely helps to have a running game. But then again, if you're passing, you have an opportunity to make a big play, get chunk yardage, score, and go sit safely on the bench. If you score early and often, you're ahead in the game and then you can grind it out and keep the ball on the ground. But if you're passing and not scoring, then you're coming out in the second half throwing the ball, and taking risks to make up a deficit. Football is about opportunities. That's all it is.

There are probably just a few plays in the whole game that really matter, that put it in your favor or the opposing team's favor. That's why you need playmakers to step up, in order to get anywhere near a championship. It's not about the stat sheet. Hopefully, your QB is one of your playmakers.

tannehill has been mediocre for 2 years, 15-17 proves that. im not saying he cant be a good qb and lead us to the playoffs but he hasnt done it yet. for writing that or if anyone points that out, they are ridiculed, told to go root for another team, asked why theyre on this site and belittled. i guess the only opinion to have on this site is tannehill is a soon to be franchise qb and its everyone elses fault when we lose a game. omar kelly is an excellent source for dolphin news, he just tells it like he sees it.

Is it the only opinion? Omar sucks at his job. Sorry Omars dad, you needed to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom