Pat White, the deep ball and other options | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White, the deep ball and other options

USC has had good QBs since the dawn of time. Michigan has been a good program as well but doesn't compare to USC at all.

Michigan was a much better program than USC in the 80s through the early 00s. Michigan still had a big time program when henne arrived.

Michigan was a much better program than USC in the 80s through the early 00s. Michigan still had a big time program when henne arrived.

All that is relevant is from when Henne and Sanchez were playing, not the 80s. USC has been money since 2002.

Also you mention Michigan having a big time program, well Henne has 5 school records including completions, yards and TDs.

He's had SB caliber talent around him for a decade and has made just 1 in a postseason were he threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs. He TRIED to choke it away but his teammates wouldn't let him.

Booty is on an NFL roster, right? and he was there when Sanchez got there and he was a big time recruit in college. You act like he was sitting behind some terrible player.

passer ratings in college are inflated and what got his coach fired:

1-3 in bowl games
0-4 against OSU
losing at home to a 1AA team

1-3 in bowl games.

Scores:

28-14 loss to USC
38-37 loss to Texas, Henne with 4 TDs in this game.
32-28 loss to Nebraska, Henne with 3 TDs in this game.
32-18 loss to USC, Henne 26 of 41 309 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT

The two losses that are legit were to USC who as I've said, has been one of the best programs since at least 2002.

Blame Henne all you want for losses to Texas and Nebraska. Is it his fault that scoring 65 wasn't good enough in 2 games?

The glorious part of all this is I can't stand USC or Michigan. I didn't even give a damn about Henne while he was playing but since he's on my team, I will give him a chance.

All that is relevant is from when Henne and Sanchez were playing, not the 80s. USC has been money since 2002.

Also you mention Michigan having a big time program, well Henne has 5 school records including completions, yards and TDs.

and was 1-7 in bowl games and against OSU and lost at home to a 1AA team.

He's had SB caliber talent around him for a decade and has made just 1 in a postseason were he threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs. He TRIED to choke it away but his teammates wouldn't let him.

Booty is on an NFL roster, right? and he was there when Sanchez got there and he was a big time recruit in college. You act like he was sitting behind some terrible player.

passer ratings in college are inflated and what got his coach fired:

1-3 in bowl games
0-4 against OSU
losing at home to a 1AA team

So that's all Henne's fault? I don't think so. Football is a team sport.

Also, with a redshirt season already under his belt Sanchez couldn't beat out JD Booty 2 years in a row- I like Sanchez, but that isn't a ringing endorsement- Booty was a good college Quarterback- good, not great.

It's ridiculous to try to compare a 1 year wonder who couldn't even beat out MN's 3rd stringer when in college and whose pro experienced coach didn't believe was ready for the next level, with a 4 year starter who holds a number of career records from the school that Tom Brady played for. Can't say Markie Mark's a 1-year flash in the pan, but can't say he's not a Tim Couch either. Oh, and one has been mentored by Chad Pennington and the other by who..Kellen Clemens and a Wanny flunkie QB coach?

m0vht-1.jpg

I can't wait until Sanchez plays. He strikes fear in the hearts of no one.He is being set up for failure by your brain trust. As Dolphins fans we can spot this pattern from a mile away.

I can't wait until Sanchez plays. He strikes fear in the hearts of no one.He is being set up for failure by your brain trust. As Dolphins fans we can spot this pattern from a mile away.

yes he is being set up for failure by having a good coaching staff and talented players all around him. Hopefully he becomes the next QB to dominate Miami just like Chad and Vinny before him.

yes he is being set up for failure by having a good coaching staff and talented players all around him. Hopefully he becomes the next QB to dominate Miami just like Chad and Vinny before him.

Rex Ryan, Matt Cavanaugh and Bill Callahan. Hmmm... not so sure there. Who is going to start at WR opposite Cotchery? I don't exactly see the Jets as being an offensive juggernaut. And with Sanchez- seriously, an NFL rookie with one year of starting on his college ball team- how much are you expecting out of him? All of this is getting a bit old and the thread is deteriorating- we'll see soon enough how Henne and Sanchez turn out. This is just a futile pissing match.

You want to talk about gerrymandering the data, take a look at this constant "1-7" talk.

He's 1-3 in bowl games. That's true. He's actually 1-4 if you count the Senior Bowl. He seemed to have that game sealed up with his second touchdown pass of the day, but then the South went on one last final second drive where some heroics by Matt Forte and some others won them the game in a triple-zeroes finish. You do your best, you perform in the clutch, and sometimes you fall short. It happens.

But here are Chad Henne's numbers in those 5 bowl games.

2008: 117.6 QBR, 05 of 09 for 064 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (vs. South, Senior Bowl)
2007: 099.6 QBR, 25 of 39 for 373 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT (vs. Florida, BCS Citrus Bowl)
2006: 092.4 QBR, 26 of 41 for 309 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (vs. USC, BCS Rose Bowl)
2005: 092.2 QBR, 21 of 43 for 270 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT (vs. Nebraska, Alamo Bowl)
2004: 113.2 QBR, 18 of 34 for 227 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT (vs. Texas, BCS Rose Bowl)

Total: 099.0 QBR, 95 of 166 for 1,243 yards, 14 TD, 4 INT (3 BCS Bowls, 1 Non-Major, 1 Senior Bowl)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex Ryan, Matt Cavanaugh and Bill Callahan. Hmmm... not so sure there. Who is going to start at WR opposite Cotchery? I don't exactly see the Jets as being an offensive juggernaut. And with Sanchez- seriously, an NFL rookie with one year of starting on his college ball team- how much are you expecting out of him? All of this is getting a bit old and the thread is deteriorating- we'll see soon enough how Henne and Sanchez turn out. This is just a futile pissing match.

Callahan is an excellent OL coach, Cavanaugh helped develop Flacco last year, Ryan obviosuly has something to prove bu Brian Schottenheimer is a good OC.

I don't expect much of Sanchez this year, I just want to see him begin to develop. Get better as the season goes on and start to get comfortable as an NFL QB.

You want to talk about gerrymandering the data, take a look at this constant "1-7" talk.

He's 1-3 in bowl games. That's true. He's actually 1-4 if you count the Senior Bowl. He seemed to have that game sealed up with his second touchdown pass of the day, but then the South went on one last final second drive where some heroics by Matt Forte and some others won them the game in a triple-zeroes finish. You do your best, you perform in the clutch, and sometimes you fall short. It happens.

But here are Chad Henne's numbers in those 5 bowl games.

2008: 117.6 QBR, 05 of 09 for 064 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (vs. South, Senior Bowl)
2007: 099.6 QBR, 25 of 39 for 373 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT (vs. Florida, Citrus Bowl)
2006: 092.4 QBR, 26 of 41 for 309 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (vs. USC, Rose Bowl)
2005: 092.2 QBR, 21 of 43 for 270 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT (vs. Nebraska, Alamo Bowl)
2004: 113.2 QBR, 18 of 34 for 227 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT (vs. Texas, Rose Bowl)

Total: 099.0 QBR, 95/166 for 1,243 yards, 14 TD, 4 INT (3 BCS Bowls, 1 Non-Major, 1 Senior Bowl)

You didn't really post Senior Bowl #s, did you?

#s are nice but I'll have to dig deeper when I get a chance. #s don't tell the whole story just like Sanchez's good #s against Or State.

Back
Top Bottom