Pat White, the deep ball and other options | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White, the deep ball and other options

Blame isn't the problem....over paying and reaching just may be.

I'm not so sure that Sanchez was a reach, and if you take a QB in the top 5 it's going to cost you. Time will tell, we all know that.

The Jets had to make a move because of the position they put themselves in by banking on favre and dumping Pennington.

If the Jets still had pennington, on paper I would give them the edge over the dolphins this season.

True, but the die was cast and they had to bust a move. They took their best shot, we'll see what happens.

The Jets had to make a move because of the position they put themselves in by banking on favre and dumping Pennington.

If the Jets still had pennington, on paper I would give them the edge over the dolphins this season.

The Jets were banking on Favre being a one year wonder..they went for it all....and they shot blanks...now their reaching again for a one year rookie QB...can you blame us for laughing?

I'm not so sure that Sanchez was a reach, and if you take a QB in the top 5 it's going to cost you. Time will tell, we all know that.

Take Sanchez away from the talent that USC had....how does he do....I'll bet we find out later this year.

Forget the talent of USC, put him in the SEC with real competition.

If White were 2 inches taller he would have been a 1st rounder IMO. The track record of Qb's below 6'2'' succeeding is not very good. My opinion of White is he'll b asked to do the wildcat, while the coaches figure out what he really can do on an NFL level at QB.

Michael Vick was once the #1 overall pick and he's barely 6 ft.

Michael Vick was once the #1 overall pick and he's barely 6 ft.

There is no arguing that White a poor man Vick as far as physical skills. Though i do believe he does a much nicer job of throwing on the run.

Is that really fair to say he has never shown the ability to overcome tough circumstances? He played in two close games last year winning one nad losing one and in the OSU game he led them back from a 21-0 halftime deficit and nearly pulled off the comeback. In '07 he led them back from a 4the qtr deficit against Arizona to win the game.

I don't think it's really being fair to say that about a player when he's failed once in a tight spot late. This isn't like Jason Taylor w/ zero career sacks in 6 playoff games.

They are doing maintenace on photobucket so I'll check the clip later but let's remember that happened in garbage time against Arizona.

Again he was just throwing it up there hoping his WR would make a play. he was well covered and he just lofted it to the EZ.

I have to disagree with you again. He read single coverage on the outside, and the receiver got a step to where the cornerback had to turn his back square to the QB in order to catch up. In that circumstance, the correct read is an underthrow to the back shoulder and Henne put it right on the money.

I honestly suggest you talk to an actual coach about this. They will tell you what a QB should be seeing and doing when he sees single coverage and a cornerback with his back completely turned.

I have to disagree with you again. He read single coverage on the outside, and the receiver got a step to where the cornerback had to turn his back square to the QB in order to catch up. In that circumstance, the correct read is an underthrow to the back shoulder and Henne put it right on the money.

I honestly suggest you talk to an actual coach about this. They will tell you what a QB should be seeing and doing when he sees single coverage and a cornerback with his back completely turned.

You don't know waht he read or what was going through his head.

Perhaps not but it's pretty clear from the video he looked over at the receiver and then threw the ball to the outside shoulder. You can choose to believe it coincidence that the receiver was single covered and the corner had his back completely turned, but I think that's a really bad assumption, especially given the ball placement.

Don't feel bad, CK will usually know more about football than 99% on this board.

Besides, your a jets fan, not much is expected of you.;)

Perhaps not but it's pretty clear from the video he looked over at the receiver and then threw the ball to the outside shoulder. You can choose to believe it coincidence that the receiver was single covered and the corner had his back completely turned, but I think that's a really bad assumption, especially given the ball placement.

I'll have to watch it again, which link was it?

Good call but the ball placement was not on the outside shoulder.

What video were you watching?? The defender was on the recievers inside shoulder, Henne did a nice job of throwing it to the outside so the defender would have to run through the reciever to get to the ball.

What video were you watching?? The defender was on the recievers inside shoulder, Henne did a nice job of throwing it to the outside so the defender would have to run through the reciever to get to the ball.

The ball was basically directly behind him, it wasn't outside at all.

Back
Top Bottom