Pat White, the deep ball and other options | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White, the deep ball and other options

The Cardinals video was trash time, I can agree with that. I just like the fact that he made the reads and did a good job threading the needle on a couple of those passes.

That's true, but I don't see how anyone can deny Sanchez's talent and arm. Dude has skills.

As did Joey Harrington, David Carr....ryan Leaf was supposed to be the can't miss prospect!!!

As did Joey Harrington, David Carr....ryan Leaf was supposed to be the can't miss prospect!!!

They're all hit or miss, but I think that Sanchez has a pretty good shot at being successful. Carr apparently couldn't read defenses to save his life, Leaf was a petulant head case, and Harrington- not so sure, I thought that he would succeed. maybe a confidence/tempement thing.

So, at this point in time, Junc is better at scouting players than people who actually get payed to do it. After the combine it wasn't just 1 scout, it was damn near unanimous that PW had the best day throwing the ball. I've got nothing against Sanchez, other than the fact that he is a Jet and played for USC, who I also cannot stand. The thing that drives me nuts it the lack of QBing coming out of college and in the NFL. Guys with a lot more experience and a lot more impressive #'s have come into this league and flopped. I just can't but into the Sanchez hype. IMO if Bradford and McCoy had been in the draft, Sanchez doesn't even go in rd. 1. Unless GMs and Coaches were really that impressed with his personality over a steak dinner.

If Pat White did nothing but win in college, has great legs and was best at throwing the football why did he last into round 2? Who were these unanimous scouts? It goes from one unnamed scout to unanimous?

I don't get paid to do it, I don't follow it nearly as closely as those that do but I have a good track record on projecting QBs.

If Pat White did nothing but win in college, has great legs and was best at throwing the football why did he last into round 2? Who were these unanimous scouts? It goes from one unnamed scout to unanimous?

I don't get paid to do it, I don't follow it nearly as closely as those that do but I have a good track record on projecting QBs.

For one thing he's 6-0 200 lbs. Not ideal size there.

If White were 2 inches taller he would have been a 1st rounder IMO. The track record of Qb's below 6'2'' succeeding is not very good. My opinion of White is he'll b asked to do the wildcat, while the coaches figure out what he really can do on an NFL level at QB.

That's true, but I don't see how anyone can deny Sanchez's talent and arm. Dude has skills.

In college sure. If he transitions over to the NFL and produces good results then there wouldn't be any denying his talent.

Eh 1st round QBs haven't always panned out either so the whole being drafted high and having all these NCAA records means little to me.

I guess the same reason teams over pay for some QB's...and then wish they didn't later.

Lets use a little common sense...the Dolphins paid a second round pick for a very productive player in White...the Jets paid what for Sanchez?

The Dolphins HOPE that White add's to the Dolphins offense....the Jets future is banking on Sanchez. If White makes it or not...really doesn't effect the Dolphins...they still have TWO QB's...that can play well enough to win games....if Sanchez doesn't make it...the Jets are hurt for years to come.

I guess the same reason teams over pay for some QB's...and then wish they didn't later.

Lets use a little common sense...the Dolphins paid a second round pick for a very productive player in White...the Jets paid what for Sanchez?

The Dolphins HOPE that White add's to the Dolphins offense....the Jets future is banking on Sanchez. If White makes it or not...really doesn't effect the Dolphins...they still have TWO QB's...that can play well enough to win games....if Sanchez doesn't make it...the Jets are hurt for years to come.

True, but the Jets had to make a move. I can't fault them for that.

If White were 2 inches taller he would have been a 1st rounder IMO. The track record of Qb's below 6'2'' succeeding is not very good. My opinion of White is he'll b asked to do the wildcat, while the coaches figure out what he really can do on an NFL level at QB.

Don't tell that to Brees....or the few other smaller QB's that have played in the NFL before.

I didn't say there wern't exceptions. I was just saying height for QB's plays a lot into how they are projected.

True, but the Jets had to make a move. I can't fault them for that.

The Jets had to make a move because of the position they put themselves in by banking on favre and dumping Pennington.

If the Jets still had pennington, on paper I would give them the edge over the dolphins this season.

I didn't say there wern't exceptions. I was just saying height for QB's plays a lot into how they are projected.

I tend to believe that height is one subject thats over rated....if they play well in college...it shouldn't make a difference in the NFL. We all have seen footballs that were thrown by larger QB's batted up on the line...the QB's release point is more important.

Back
Top Bottom