Pat White, the deep ball and other options | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White, the deep ball and other options

I would have to say it was almost as far outside as he could get. If you pay attention to where the reciever is on the ground after the catch he has less than 3 feet before he would have been out of bounds.

The ball was basically directly behind him, it wasn't outside at all.

No matter what happened in that play (I saw a very good throw) Henne's arm is outstanding. No doubt about it. Sanchez has a great arm, but I can't say that it's any better than Henne's- he has a gun with accuracy. I remember a game 2 years ago (UM vs. Illinois) that Henne was just nailing it- frozen ropes with pinpoint accuracy- a great 25 yd out pattern to Manningham if I recall correctly that had pro QB written all over it. It's hard to not be excited about Henne's potential.

Forget about Pat White- compare him to Brad Smith if you guys want to try the wildcat- no offense, but there's no comparison there. If you want to talk Sanchez in a relevant manner compare him to Henne- I like Sanchez, but I've seen nothing to lead me to believe that he's a better QB than Henne. And I think that Henne had 4 yrs starting in college, Sanchez one. That has to count for something, maybe a lot.

No matter what happened in that play (I saw a very good throw) Henne's arm is outstanding. No doubt about it. Sanchez has a great arm, but I can't say that it's any better than Henne's- he has a gun with accuracy. I remember a game 2 years ago (UM vs. Illinois) that Henne was just nailing it- frozen ropes with pinpoint accuracy- a great 25 yd out pattern to Manningham if I recall correctly that had pro QB written all over it. It's hard to not be excited about Henne's potential.

Forget about Pat White- compare him to Brad Smith if you guys want to try the wildcat- no offense, but there's no comparison there. If you want to talk Sanchez in a relevant manner compare him to Henne- I like Sanchez, but I've seen nothing to lead me to believe that he's a better QB than Henne. And I think that Henne had 4 yrs starting in college, Sanchez one. That has to count for something, maybe a lot.

Obviously henne has an NFL caliber arm but there's alot more to it than the arm. I was never impressed by henne in college and I watched alot of his games. A few of these clips we have seen he seems to carry the ball too low and he really can't move around much.

You can use the 4 years to 1 argument but henne regressed in those 4 years and the guy was 1-7 in bowl games and against OSU and also had a loss at home to a 1AA team. In one game against Ohio State Sanchez did what henne couldn't in 4 games and Flacco had just 26 starts at Delaware, you can't tell me 26 starts at a low level college is better experience than 16 starts at the best program in the Country.

Obviously henne has an NFL caliber arm but there's alot more to it than the arm. I was never impressed by henne in college and I watched alot of his games. A few of these clips we have seen he seems to carry the ball too low and he really can't move around much.

You can use the 4 years to 1 argument but henne regressed in those 4 years and the guy was 1-7 in bowl games and against OSU and also had a loss at home to a 1AA team. In one game against Ohio State Sanchez did what henne couldn't in 4 games and Flacco had just 26 starts at Delaware, you can't tell me 26 starts at a low level college is better experience than 16 starts at the best program in the Country.

Did Henne regress or was it a case of the team and overall program getting worse? I'm not sure, but his stats did slide a bit. Henne certainly has something to prove, potential aside. Same for Sanchez- although I like him, he was surrounded by talent and only did it for one year. He has a ton to prove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Henne

Did Henne regress or was it a case of the team and overall program getting worse? I'm not sure, but his stats did slide a bit. Henne certainly has something to prove, potential aside. Same for Sanchez- although I like him, he was surrounded by talent and only did it for one year. He has a ton to prove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Henne

He still had alot of talent around him and a proven coach. He certainly played a role in getting his coach fired.

I'm not sure the never beating Ohio st. means anything....Peyton never beat FL. I guess if it leads to the same type thing, I'll take it!

He has Long and Hart....who else from that team is in the NFL?

I'm not sure the never beating Ohio st. means anything....Peyton never beat FL. I guess if it leads to the same type thing, I'll take it!

First off let's not compare Henne to Peyton, 2nd Manning still chokes in big games and lastly UF was a juggernaut those years. OSU has dominated a very weak big 10 and they have proven to be no match for the big time teams around the Country.

First off let's not compare Henne to Peyton, 2nd Manning still chokes in big games and lastly UF was a juggernaut those years. OSU has dominated a very weak big 10 and they have proven to be no match for the big time teams around the Country.

Manning chokes in big games. The man won the superbowl.:crazy: WHERE IS THE LOGIC.

I'll take Peytons choking on my team any day! He's still got a ring that neither of our teams have managed to muster. Sadly, Sanchez never got to play long enough to see him buckle too much. Oregon St. was one fine example. The amazing Booty kept him on the Bench...you remember, the guy that the Vikes will probably cut when Favre shows up....maybe you guys should pick up Booty and then have a shot at going 11-5 withan afc east title!

He still had alot of talent around him and a proven coach. He certainly played a role in getting his coach fired.

Henne passer ratings:

2004 132.6

2005 129.6

2006 143.4

2007 130.5

Doesn't look like a coach killer to me.

USC has had good QBs since the dawn of time. Michigan has been a good program as well but doesn't compare to USC at all.

Manning chokes in big games. The man won the superbowl.:crazy: WHERE IS THE LOGIC.

He's had SB caliber talent around him for a decade and has made just 1 in a postseason were he threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs. He TRIED to choke it away but his teammates wouldn't let him.

I'll take Peytons choking on my team any day! He's still got a ring that neither of our teams have managed to muster. Sadly, Sanchez never got to play long enough to see him buckle too much. Oregon St. was one fine example. The amazing Booty kept him on the Bench...you remember, the guy that the Vikes will probably cut when Favre shows up....maybe you guys should pick up Booty and then have a shot at going 11-5 withan afc east title!

Booty is on an NFL roster, right? and he was there when Sanchez got there and he was a big time recruit in college. You act like he was sitting behind some terrible player.

Henne passer ratings:

2004 132.6

2005 129.6

2006 143.4

2007 130.5

Doesn't look like a coach killer to me.

passer ratings in college are inflated and what got his coach fired:

1-3 in bowl games
0-4 against OSU
losing at home to a 1AA team

Back
Top Bottom