Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

+the refs had the game rigged up. Do you really think challenging would help.

I'm not saying it's true, but don't you think that the NFL would love to see Peyton vs Brady in the AFC Championship game? For this to happen the Pats first have to make the playoffs, and if they happen to stumble a bit then by golly the NFL refs need to help them.

I'm beginning to think we really are cursed...From Gene Steratore to the ones this past weekend...they never really liked us.

Philbin coaching a little scared.He's afraid to lose a time out at a critical point of the game???

Back to back weeks he failed at not throwing the red flag.

Did he throw a challenge at all in the NE game?

I'll be honest, it looked like he had very little willingness to even challenge the catch. At one point before the next snap, he was shown on the sideline walking behind the sideline ref with his head down and not saying anything. It was like he was resigned to concede the drive. The drive that gave us the best chance to get back in the game.

I realize every player thinks they made the play. And I realize the stadium didn't show the replay, but you cannot walk into hostile territory and not have a system in place to make determinations within your own staff about challenging a play without the help of the big screen. Regardless how low the Patriots are as an organization, you can't rely on your opponent to help you out. I saw defeat on his face in that very moment.

A billion dollar organization can't find someone with nothing else to do during games that's already on payroll who can't help? We can't have no tools or plan to help us make these decisions without the help of the big screen?

This is a major problem.

I view challenges like I view 1st half timeouts: You can't take them with you. Use them to get something fixed while you still have time. 1st half timeouts and challenges are tools to change the course of the game. Not using them to your benefit is ridiculous.

the refs ****ing blow beyond blow in the nfl.

however, that call, i cant blame that, as when u have to make a call in live action that quick, it could have gone either way.

miami should have challenged that play. they had all the momentum going, and that completion could have maybe given it to us back.

it was a bad job not to challenge by philbin.

the refs need to make better calls on many things, but these things happen so fast and can go either way in game time speed.

Yeah, you can't really have an issue with the refs for this. You can blame them for the 21 points they gave NE on the three drives where ridiculous penalties were called.

- Jimmy Wilson PI
- Phantom defensive holding on 3rd and forever
- Illegal "batting of the ball"

Yeah, you can't really have an issue with the refs for this. You can blame them for the 21 points they gave NE on the three drives where ridiculous penalties were called.

- Jimmy Wilson PI
- Phantom defensive holding on 3rd and forever
- Illegal "batting of the ball"

I didn't see the others but the batting of the ball was the correct call. every team gets calls in their favor and against them. You didn't lose b/c of calls, you lost b/c you were outplayed and blew a 14 pt 2nd half lead.

yeah every team gets calls like the 2 calls the jets got against tb and especially the cheats, the most fortunate 4-4 team in the history of the nfl, the 2013 new york jets. come back and tell us how we were outplayed in the 2nd half when your beloved jets are 5-11.

I've been sick to my stomach for 4 weeks. This is deplorable. But this photo just makes me even sicker!!!! I have never been so frustrated as a Miami Dolphins Fan in my life until this year. This coaching staff started out strong, but over the last 4 weeks they have made me think twice about how ready they are overall to lead a team. This play by Matthews should have been challenged, I realize the TV replay was of only 1 angle and the coaches in the booth advised otherwise, but at this point, why not try anything to turn the tide. It feels like the sky is falling. I had a bad feeling back in pre-season about the O-line and then the injury to Keller really started the doubts. Perhaps the silver lining in all this, will be the coaching staff learns from all this and players like Matthews proves their worth by going out and making plays with consistency and regularity. This play by Matthews is indicative of the talent he possess and bodes well for Tannehill if he finally starts to trust Matthews to make him a consistent target. Now only if Wallace can learn to catch the damn ball.

I didn't see the others but the batting of the ball was the correct call. every team gets calls in their favor and against them. You didn't lose b/c of calls, you lost b/c you were outplayed and blew a 14 pt 2nd half lead.

You didn't see the game but you just know....:rolleyes:

You didn't see the game but you just know....:rolleyes:

I saw bits and pieces of the game flipping around, you had a 14 pt lead and lost by 10. I don't want to hear about refs. The biggest call of the game was a CORRECT one, I am not sure about the others but the biggest one was correct and you were outscored 24-0 in the 2nd half. Your team stinks right now, they have the potential to be very good but right now they are playing poorly and that is why you lost.

That's why they have replay, and give teams challenges. Problem is, you have to actually have a clue to challenge, and our coaches were lost Sunday.

still photo is nice but did he maintain complete possession when he hit the ground? did the ball move at all? a still photo can only show so much, there's much more to this play. It may have been a catch but we cannot determine that based solely on this photo.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

no excuse for blowing that lead and the fumble call was the correct call. bad luck for you guys but the correct call.
yes he maintained possession and you can't tell me that they couldn't replay the view from behind which was the original camera angle being shown....complete and utter bs! I was watching the game with Pats fans and even they said they Fins got screwed

Um, no that's where you're wrong. First off unless you actually SAW the game (which your previous posts suggest you didn't), you're talking out of your you know what. 2nd, I did in fact see the game and the miscalls were nothing short of BLATANT BS! Again, I was watching the game with Patriots fans and even THEY said we got screwed. I'm here to tell you, those calls screwed us

Back
Top Bottom