Practice Updates 8/29 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Updates 8/29

Looks like a rub to me to free up the in cut. Dvps running that like his job is to occupy two defenders not have the fade thrown to him.

Been an advocate for Phillips for quite a while now. DT takes a lot of developmental time. This is year 3 for Phillips and it's time to shine or move on. Pulling for this talented kid to put it all together.
I've seen nothing but negative comments regarding Phillips since time began. Not buying into it. I'm old skool. Do it when it matters and not in pre season for a few snaps. I'm suprised some ppl are on the bandwagon so early when he's basically unproven. Talented? Based on what? Stinks of desperation when fans scream talent and potential when it's still a question mark

Looks like a rub to me to free up the in cut. Dvps running that like his job is to occupy two defenders not have the fade thrown to him.
Slant/ wheel combo or some type of wheel variation.

Keep rolling that and see how in pursuit of the int defender when Matt Moore cut tackles that player dvp is within a nanosecond of a serious lower leg injury being rolled up by Moore. I about threw up when I saw how close we were to losing dvp for the long haul there.

The whole time matt Moore was playing with the the 1s skill and oline I was sweating bullets about a hospital ball and a major injury

I've seen nothing but negative comments regarding Phillips since time began. Not buying into it. I'm old skool. Do it when it matters and not in pre season for a few snaps. I'm suprised some ppl are on the bandwagon so early when he's basically unproven. Talented? Based on what? Stinks of desperation when fans scream talent and potential when it's still a question mark

Tell me about the defensive tackle position and it's developmental patterns for rookies.

Phillips issues have been consistency. He's not shitting the bed 24/7.

Gase deserves some credit in recognizing Matt Moore was not a viable option for a starting QB. I thought he would of bought the hype based on Moore's regular season production last year but I guess he realized our wr corp bailed Moore out the majority of time. Sparano definitely would have rolled with Moore.

Gase knows his offensive stuff for sure

Tell me about the defensive tackle position and it's developmental patterns for rookies.

Phillips issues have been consistency. He's not ****ting the bed 24/7.

True but playing next to Suh, he should of been much more productive. Godchaux a 5th round pick easily took the job from Phillips, that says a lot.

True but playing next to Suh, he should of been much more productive. Godchaux a 5th round pick easily took the job from Phillips, that says a lot.

Did Godchaux easily take away his job? Or was it both a motivational ploy and giving a rookie some heavy reps?

Phillips should still see quit a lot of snaps.

Gase deserves some credit in recognizing Matt Moore was not a viable option for a starting QB. I thought he would of bought the hype based on Moore's regular season production last year but I guess he realized our wr corp bailed Moore out the majority of time. Sparano definitely would have rolled with Moore.

I'll laugh at this b/c if that was true Moore should have been released after last season in favor of younger, developmental talent. What's the purpose of having an aging vet as a backup that is not capable of handling the starting duties?

Godchaux got sealed one time and Blount hit is for like 15. Still that kid is very impressive. And it's against 1s.

And the more tape I watch of Lawrence Timmons the more happy I am to have him. He was a tick late first 2 run plays but that guy routinely beats blockers to the spot. And he looks like he's gonna be a savage blitz lb too.

I don't know if it's just this game but it looks like one difference in Burke from Joseph is he's gonna blitz the lbs and force the ball out of the qbs hand.

The more I watch Jesse Davis and steen at left guard the more I think we can piece it.

I wouldn't say this is the best pouncey tape walked back a lot but I guess if the balls not coming there you've done your job.

there's too much pressure in cutlers front foot from guys being walked back to the qb. Guess in that case it's a good thing he doesn't step into many throws. I don't need another lead leg injury getting rolled up

I'll laugh at this b/c if that was true Moore should have been released after last season in favor of younger, developmental talent. What's the purpose of having an aging vet as a backup that is not capable of handling the starting duties?

Based on his play in the preseason the last two years he should of been released two years ago. I would say the majority of NFL teams don't have a backup that can truly handle starting duties.

Based on his play in the preseason the last two years he should of been released two years ago. I would say the majority of NFL teams don't have a backup that can truly handle starting duties.

Agree. But most have young talent that they are developing and are not satisfied with old clipboard babysitter that can't do it either.

Back
Top Bottom