Practice Updates 8/29 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Updates 8/29

I know exactly why gase didn't stick with matt Moore. You got an example of it on the first pick. It's a non motion based coverage Id and read

And Moore fails on those just about every time.

What looks like improv is really poor coverage Ids and as a result the ball taking him to the wrong progressions.

There's no reason to throw the fade there had he thrown back shoulder away from inside leverage to the in cutting stills it's a td immediately out of the cut. Had he thrown it inside leading stills inside it would have been a hospital ball.

You can't win consistently in this league vs quality opponents when you run an offense that requires all motion based coverage ids.

It catches up with you just like it did when we ran non motion based coverage ids vs the steelers in the tight red a team we couldn't just line up and work all off pa and motion in the passing game cause we couldn't just run the ball down their throats.

Godchaux got sealed one time and Blount hit is for like 15. Still that kid is very impressive. And it's against 1s.

And the more tape I watch of Lawrence Timmons the more happy I am to have him. He was a tick late first 2 run plays but that guy routinely beats blockers to the spot. And he looks like he's gonna be a savage blitz lb too.

I don't know if it's just this game but it looks like one difference in Burke from Joseph is he's gonna blitz the lbs and force the ball out of the qbs hand.

The more I watch Jesse Davis and steen at left guard the more I think we can piece it.

I wouldn't say this is the best pouncey tape walked back a lot but I guess if the balls not coming there you've done your job.

there's too much pressure in cutlers front foot from guys being walked back to the qb. Guess in that case it's a good thing he doesn't step into many throws. I don't need another lead leg injury getting rolled up

Timmons and Hayes were very good picks, Hayes is looking like an animal and we haven't had a lb that athletic since Dansby.[/QUOTE]

Agree. But most have young talent that they are developing and are not satisfied with old clipboard babysitter that can't do it either.
If Cutler throws for over 4200 yards 32 tds and has a decent td/into ratio. don't be surprised if we draft a young qb to groom behind cutler.

Hayes does an excellent job of getting his hands in the air. After Phillips probably the most prolific at it on the dline. Both have a good feel for throwing lanes and when they can't get there timeliness of getting in the air.

He also bench presses tackles in the run game. Didn't fit las scheme any more absolute steal for Miami.

Have been a YUGE fan of the Hayes pickup since we got him from the Rams. One of those blue collar guys, and a tenacious guy on the line.

Those numbers aren't unrealistic for Cutler considering the weapons we have.

Well then we'll just have to leave it at that we have different views of reality.

I understand of course there is a possibility, I just don't see it realistically.

Well then we'll just have to leave it at that we have different views of reality.

I understand of course there is a possibility, I just don't see it realistically.

If our offense is not putting up those type of numbers I'm pretty confident in saying in we will have a top ten pick next year based on our SOS, which is exactly where the oddsmakers project us. Our offense is going to have to carry us because we have some major holes in our defense, run d has improved but our secondary is very suspect and may get exposed even worst than last year if our pass rush isn't dominant.

Weapons, yes, time in the pocket?? we'll see. I do think reaching those numbers are realistic if our OL gels, but only if.....we have top 12 OL.

Weapons, yes, time in the pocket?? we'll see. I do think reaching those numbers are realistic if our OL gels, but only if.....we have top 12 OL.

99 Rams exceeded those numbers and they didn't have a top 12 OL, if we are running uptempo it's possible

99 Rams exceeded those numbers and they didn't have a top 12 OL, if we are running uptempo it's possible

Well Cutler likes up tempo so we're going to see some, finally, concerns with dumb penalties though. The OL has to be disciplined to run tempo and not false start etc. and can the WR not move either please.

Well Cutler likes up tempo so we're going to see some, finally, concerns with dumb penalties though. The OL has to be disciplined to run tempo and not false start etc. and can the WR not move either please.

Yep. It takes the entire team to run uptempo. It just doesn't rely on the capabilities of the QB.

Back
Top Bottom