Prisco's Top 100 players: Ranking all 32 NFL starting quarterbacks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco's Top 100 players: Ranking all 32 NFL starting quarterbacks

Hey frosty i deleted part of your post. Discuss the subject at hand and do not go after your fellow posters. That goes for everyone.

The same people who bash Omar for having an "agenda" against Tannehill are citing statistics used by him in articles to prove that Tannehill is some how awesome when his offensive line plays well. The irony is palpable.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...roof-ryan-tannehill-perfo-20160405-story.html

Tannehill 6-1 in 2014 VS.

Chicago - 5-11 WIN
Jacksonville - 3-13 WIN
San Diego - 9-7 WIN
Greenbay - 12-4 LOSS

Washington - 9-7 WIN
Tenn. - 3-13 WIN
Houston - 9-7 WIN

Hard to have an agenda when you stick to the facts. It is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. The record and stats from those 7 games are FACTS.

Houston and Tenn were the 3rd and 7th ranked pass defenses last season. Washington was 25th. San Diego, Greenbay, Jax, and Chi were 4th, 10th, 22nd, and 30th in 2014.

Hard to have an agenda when you stick to the facts. It is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. The record and stats from those 7 games are FACTS.

Houston and Tenn were the 3rd and 7th ranked pass defenses last season. Washington was 25th. San Diego, Greenbay, Jax, and Chi were 4th, 10th, 22nd, and 30th in 2014.

The interpretation of those facts is the problem, not the facts themselves.

Going 6-1 over a small sample size does not equal what we've seen the last 4 years.

So what your saying is. If the oline stays healthy all season long, we will win 6 games out of every 7 games played and Tannehill will have top 10 stats? I don't think top 10, there are a lot of QB's that are good in this league. Maybe 11-14 range.

The rating of 107 would be first in the league in 2015. 34 TDs would be 8th. 38 sacks would be 11th worst. His yards per game is actually lower during those games because they weren't playing from behind. He was much more efficient, which is exactly what I'd expect. 147 yards per game rushing will keep a defense honest.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

The interpretation of those facts is the problem, not the facts themselves.

Going 6-1 over a small sample size does not equal what we've seen the last 4 years.

I disagree that 7 games is too small a sample size.

You make a good case that in a perfect scenario with a healthy line the QB plays better. i don't think anyone can dispute that however you can not count on that happening.

Here's the thing...

He's already been a top 15 QB, so he has already shown he should be a starter in the NFL...this notion of "top 10 or still be worried" is so far from a reality that is should not be said. Out side of your top five guys...the movement of "qb ranking" varies from year to year. Rarely is any QB consistent enough (outside of those top 5) to be in the top 10 year after year. Flacco, Ryan, E. Manning...all range from as high as 6 to as low as 20 depending to the past season.

I swear...it is as if no one watches anything but the Dolphins.

It goes both ways. How many Dolphins fans who blame the Oline and receivers watch enough of other quarterbacks to say they don't have the same problems but are dealing with them better (or worse)? Wilson, Newton and Luck are all dealing with offensive lines every bit as bad as ours, if not worse.

I disagree that 7 games is too small a sample size.

Even if you disagreed with the sample size, which is ridiculously small compared to the 57 other games (FACT: 57 games > 7 games) hes played in, does Miami really want a QB that needs to have everything perfect around him to succeed at a high level?

I'm comfortable saying the guy isn't good enough to take this team where it needs to be.

Even if you disagreed with the sample size, which is ridiculously small compared to the 57 other games (FACT: 57 games > 7 games) hes played in, does Miami really want a QB that needs to have everything perfect around him to succeed at a high level?

I'm comfortable saying the guy isn't good enough to take this team where it needs to be.

I'm only comparing the last two seasons. Those are the seasons that James was on the team. The sample size is almost 1/4 of the games. IMO, that is not too small.

I disagree that the conditions were perfect in those games.

Last edited by a moderator:
You make a good case that in a perfect scenario with a healthy line the QB plays better. i don't think anyone can dispute that however you can not count on that happening.

I don't think expecting a healthy OL for more than 1/4 of the games is expecting too much. I also don't think having NFL caliber backups is expecting too much either.

With a healthy oline, Tannehill would be competing with QB's 11-15 on this list.

1. Aaron Rodgers QB / Green Bay Packers

2. Tom Brady QB / New England Patriots

3. Ben Roethlisberger QB / Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Cam Newton QB / Carolina Panthers

5. Carson Palmer QB / Arizona Cardinals

6. Drew Brees QB / New Orleans Saints

7. Andrew Luck QB / Indianapolis Colts

8. Russell Wilson QB / Seattle Seahawks

9. Philip Rivers QB / San Diego Chargers

10. Eli Manning QB / New York Giants

11. Tony Romo QB / Dallas Cowboys

12. Matt Ryan QB / Atlanta Falcons

13. Andy Dalton QB / Cincinnati Bengals

14. Blake Bortles QB / Jacksonville Jaguars

15. Joe Flacco QB / Baltimore Ravens

16. Matthew Stafford QB / Detroit Lions

17. Derek Carr QB / Oakland Raiders

18. Jameis Winston QB / Tampa Bay Buccaneers

19. Jay Cutler QB / Chicago Bears

20. Alex Smith QB / Kansas City Chiefs

21. Ryan Tannehill QB / Miami Dolphins

22. Kirk Cousins QB / Washington Redskins

23. Teddy Bridgewater QB / Minnesota Vikings

24. Marcus Mariota QB / Tennessee Titans

25. Brock Osweiler QB / Houston Texans

26. Tyrod Taylor QB / Buffalo Bills

27. Sam Bradford QB / Philadelphia Eagles

28. Mark Sanchez QB / Denver Broncos

29. Geno Smith QB / New York Jets

30. Robert Griffin III QB / Cleveland Browns

31. Blaine Gabbert/Colin Kaepernick QB / San Francisco 49ers

32. Jared Goff QB / Los Angeles Rams

With a healthy oline, Tannehill would be competing with QB's 11-15 on this list.

12. Matt Ryan QB / Atlanta Falcons

13. Andy Dalton QB / Cincinnati Bengals

14. Blake Bortles QB / Jacksonville Jaguars

15. Joe Flacco QB / Baltimore Ravens

16. Matthew Stafford QB / Detroit Lions

17. Derek Carr QB / Oakland Raiders

18. Jameis Winston QB / Tampa Bay Buccaneers

19. Jay Cutler QB / Chicago Bears

20. Alex Smith QB / Kansas City Chiefs

21. Ryan Tannehill QB / Miami Dolphins

22. Kirk Cousins QB / Washington Redskins

23. Teddy Bridgewater QB / Minnesota Vikings

24. Marcus Mariota QB / Tennessee Titans

25. Brock Osweiler QB / Houston Texans

26. Tyrod Taylor QB / Buffalo Bills

27. Sam Bradford QB / Philadelphia Eagles

28. Mark Sanchez QB / Denver Broncos

29. Geno Smith QB / New York Jets

30. Robert Griffin III QB / Cleveland Browns

31. Blaine Gabbert/Colin Kaepernick QB / San Francisco 49ers

32. Jared Goff QB / Los Angeles Rams

Why? Because you say so? The stats disagree.

What do QB's 1-15 have in common except for Bortels? Can you guess?

With a healthy offensive line, receivers that never drop a pass, a RB that can break multiple tackles on each carry and a coordinator that calls perfect plays, Tannehill would be the real deal.

I think you're the only one on the forums who believes Tannehill belongs with this group.

Back