Prisco's Top 100 players: Ranking all 32 NFL starting quarterbacks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco's Top 100 players: Ranking all 32 NFL starting quarterbacks

I think you're the only one on the forums who believes Tannehill belongs with this group.

1. Aaron Rodgers QB / Green Bay Packers

2. Tom Brady QB / New England Patriots

3. Ben Roethlisberger QB / Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Cam Newton QB / Carolina Panthers

5. Carson Palmer QB / Arizona Cardinals

6. Drew Brees QB / New Orleans Saints

7. Andrew Luck QB / Indianapolis Colts

8. Russell Wilson QB / Seattle Seahawks

9. Philip Rivers QB / San Diego Chargers

10. Eli Manning QB / New York Giants

11. Tony Romo QB / Dallas Cowboys

Any true observer of football would take all the QB's on your list and some from 12-17 over Tannehill.

He just isn't as good as some try to make him out to be.

With a healthy offensive line, receivers that never drop a pass, a RB that can break multiple tackles on each carry and a coordinator that calls perfect plays, Tannehill would be the real deal.

Yep. That's what everyone says. Critical thinking would help

Any true observer of football would take all the QB's on your list and some from 12-17 over Tannehill.

He just isn't as good as some try to make him out to be.

Even if I were to agree with you, I prefer to live in the real world. The Dolphins don't employ any of those QBs. Nor are any better QBs falling like rain. Tannehill is the guy. I think he is plenty good enough. I'd rather complete the job of building a good team and coaching staff than flail around taking stabs at other QBs. Thankfully, the team agrees with me.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Tannehill, in my personal ranking is 15. I'd take Bortels out put Flaco at 14 and Tanny at 15. Is that bad?

I wouldn't argue with you ranking him at 15. I don't think there is much difference between most of the QBs in the 8 - 15 range.

I think he is plenty good enough. I'd rather complete the job of building a good team and coaching staff than flail around taking stabs at other QBs. .

Your post should have probably been just this.

I'm pretty sure no one is under any illusion that Tannehill can be swapped for the majority of signal callers on that list. The purpose of this thread was to see where hes ranked among his peers and why hes slotted into the bottom half of the league.

For the record, the team might not necessarily agree with you. They just don't have a realistic opportunity to swap 17 with any of the top 11 guys on that list.

Unless, of course, you want to have a laug....discussion on whether the team would actually swap Ryan for any of those guys. I'd bet money they would if they could.

Even if I were to agree with you, I prefer to live in the real world. The Dolphins don't employ any of those QBs. Nor are any better QBs falling like rain. Tannehill is the guy. I think he is plenty good enough. I'd rather complete the job of building a good team and coaching staff than flail around taking stabs at other QBs. Thankfully, the team agrees with me.

0%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20oK8AHBd_zpsvduffhql.gif

Well said brother. This endless debate about where our QB ranks is meaningless. He's our guy this year so get behind him.

After the season is over you can rank him if you must.

The rating of 107 would be first in the league in 2015. 34 TDs would be 8th. 38 sacks would be 11th worst. His yards per game is actually lower during those games because they weren't playing from behind. He was much more efficient, which is exactly what I'd expect. 147 yards per game rushing will keep a defense honest.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I disagree that 7 games is too small a sample size.

If the premise is those games prove that Tannehill can be great with a good, healthy o-line then that should hold true for Bil Lazor and Dallas Thomas too, as they were part of the team that went 6-1 over those 7 games as well.

I'm pretty sure no one is under any illusion that Tannehill can be swapped for the majority of signal callers on that list. The purpose of this thread was to see where hes ranked among his peers and why hes slotted into the bottom half of the league.

For the record, the team might not necessarily agree with you. They just don't have a realistic opportunity to swap 17 with any of the top 11 guys on that list.

Unless, of course, you want to have a laug....discussion on whether the team would actually swap Ryan for any of those guys. I'd bet money they would if they could.

The team also didn't make any attempt to move up for a QB in this year's draft. All we have to go by is the team's actions. They signed Tannehill to an extension and have made no attempts to bring in competition. They are trying to fix the glaring weaknesses on the team.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

If the premise is those games prove that Tannehill can be great with a good, healthy o-line then that should hold true for Bil Lazor and Dallas Thomas too, as they were part of the team that went 6-1 over those 7 games as well.

Those numbers reflected how Tannehill played. What are the numbers on Thomas in the same span? The OL was still giving up 2.4 sacks per game.

Those numbers reflected how Tannehill played. What are the numbers on Thomas in the same span? The OL was still giving up 2.4 sacks per game.

Whatever they are they must have been good enough to allow the QB to have the numbers he did.

You talking about swapping in between 11 - 32? I like Flaco or Mariota's upside.

The team also didn't make any attempt to move up for a QB in this year's draft. All we have to go by is the team's actions. They signed Tannehill to an extension and have made no attempts to bring in competition. They are trying to fix the glaring weaknesses on the team.

I'm sorry, but I thought you lived in the real world? Who exactly could Miami trade, sign or draft to give Tannehill some actual competition?

Your answer is: no one. Which is exactly my point. The team had no choice but to stick with Tannehill this season. You act like the teams inaction to address the position means the Fins think Tannehill is the best thing since sliced bread. Laughable.

Realize that we are now talking about hypothetical situations here but you don't honestly believe the team wouldn't swap QB's with any of those top 11 listed if they have a had a chance, right?

You talking about swapping in between 11 - 32? I like Flaco or Mariota's upside.

Yes (1-11), in a very hypothetical situation where reality would actually gift the Dolphins a chance to finally address the most important position on the field properly.

What if he has another average year? Which side wins then?

If he has an average year with a better OL and a supposedly QB guru as HC than we all lose. There will be no winners.

The ranking seems alright right now. But I am raising my expectations for next year. The offense simply has to have a breakout year.

Ignorant statement is ignorant...

To be honest...and I'm one of the bigger "this team has never put Tannehill in a position to win" advocates on this board...it isn't that ignorant. Dude can do some absolutely head-turning things that 90% of the QB in this league simply don't have the ability to do, (you know how many times he's rolled to his left and thrown strikes, and how damn difficult that is to do?) but once all the ducks are in a row, he needs to produce. He just does. No matter what occurs, a winning QB needs to overcome SOME amount of adversity and succeed. I feel confident that if he's given the proper rein, protection, and scheme, he can and will tear things up. But if he falls flat? Well..its time to start looking. That doesn't mean start Matt Moore, it just means to start looking toward a future that doesn't include Tannehill.

If we're going to pursue this slippery slope down the hill of ridiculousness, you could eventually make an argument that the best coach in the history of this franchise is Todd Bowles.

But let's not do that.

I hope we don't waste 10 yr with thill and never make playoff. right now thill is 4 th best qb in afc east. the gm need build a all star line up.

Back
Top Bottom