Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

The comparison to Jason Taylor is silly. JT was drafted 3d round number 73 overall so I expect him to develop over time. Jordan was drafted #3 overall and should be on the field making an impact.

Dumb comment. Ryan Tannehill was drafted 8th overall and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Should we not compare RT to Brady. Jordan should be doing exactly what the coaches want him to do. They have made a decision that OV is our starting DE with Wake. AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING!!!! Jordan is fine. He is bigger than he was just 6 months ago and is growing into an NFL body. It takes times to learn to play with more weight, and when you consider he missed time during the off season because of his colleges semester system and then because of injury, it is easy to see why we are bringing him along slowly. Ireland also bought in Michael Thomas- you know the guy that picked off Tom Brady yesterday.

If he stays maybe they can hire him an assistant that knows corn fed boys and linebackers.

Certainly one of the huge negatives of the winning season is, may mean Ireland stays.

why is this a negative? You guys bitch and moan that he is putting playoff material on the field, but even if he does, he's still horrible?

FinHeaven logic right there.

Dumb comment. Ryan Tannehill was drafted 8th overall and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Should we not compare RT to Brady. Jordan should be doing exactly what the coaches want him to do. They have made a decision that OV is our starting DE with Wake. AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING!!!! Jordan is fine. He is bigger than he was just 6 months ago and is growing into an NFL body. It takes times to learn to play with more weight, and when you consider he missed time during the off season because of his colleges semester system and then because of injury, it is easy to see why we are bringing him along slowly. Ireland also bought in Michael Thomas- you know the guy that picked off Tom Brady yesterday.
Dumb comment? :lol:

It's amazing what winning does. All the mad props for Ireland in the past 18 hrs.

Actually his defense started sometime in the past 10 days. Started noticing it through the media.

Now with this win it's complete.

Lord, if we even manage a playoff win... He'll have reached Lord status!

Me personally regarding Ireland has always been in the middle. He has made some dumb moves but then he has also made some good moves.

To me what matters about a gm the most is can he work with the coach. Because in all seriousness the gm gets the players that fit the coaches mold.

You can tell the difference of his drafts, free agency pick ups between a sporano lead team and philbin lead team.

I also see that he has been the best gm that the dolphins have had in the last decade. No gm will be perfect that just does not exist.

I remember the years of spielmen and mueller and saban and the rest of the bags of **** that came through here.

To me at least i am always harder on the coach because that is who helps groom the players and makes them better.

Me personally regarding Ireland has always been in the middle. He has made some dumb moves but then he has also made some good moves.

To me what matters about a gm the most is can he work with the coach. Because in all seriousness the gm gets the players that fit the coaches mold.

You can tell the difference of his drafts, free agency pick ups between a sporano lead team and philbin lead team.

I also see that he has been the best gm that the dolphins have had in the last decade. No gm will be perfect that just does not exist.

I remember the years of spielmen and mueller and saban and the rest of the bags of **** that came through here.

To me at least i am always harder on the coach because that is who helps groom the players and makes them better.

I thought I was the only one.

Yesterday he was out, today he's in...

He just signed an extension, and this team is playoff bound, he isn't going anywhere.

why is this a negative? You guys bitch and moan that he is putting playoff material on the field, but even if he does, he's still horrible?

It's a negative because Ireland has missed more than hit on draft picks and free agents. We're winning because of player development and coaching. You can't sit there and tell me that the Patriots roster is full of all stars and studs...it's clearly not especially with all the injuries they've suffered, yet they're 10-4 and in the #2 spot for the playoffs right now. Why? Because of a QB and their coach.

The talent on the roster has been developed by the coaches...if the talent was better and these coaches developed that talent we would have a roster full of all-pro players and look a lot more like the Seahawks right now but we don't. The talent floor starts lower for us, we've seen development from the TE position (thanks to Dan Carpenter the TE coach) and the defensive line (thanks to Kacy Rodgers the DL coach...this guy is King Midas) especially. Jim Turner the OL coach has done an excellent job with a lot of our O-line players like Arkin, Brenner and Garner to some extent...but amazingly not with the guys we've drafted...Why is that? Why has it taken nearly two full seasons for Egnew to just contribute on offense? Why is it our linebacker play still not good enough? Just because we're winning doesn't mean Ireland has done a good job, he's not, the credit goes to the coaches.

This draft class has the least amount of impact on a team than any other draft class in the league. Once against player development and coaching will be left to bailing Ireland out. Truthfully, if you want to get into the super bowl conversation, you need better talent, you need impact players. 6 years of drafts who are the impact players Ireland drafted? He may be saved by Tannehill but he sure as heck didn't help him out in his rookie year when he had Hartline, Bess and 3 undrafted free agents as his WR corp and he continued to stunt his growth this year by putting turnstiles in front of him to block.

I've accurately predicted what Ross would do
for a while. What most people think would happen, didn't
happen because what a guy like him values is loyalty,
over anything else.

I've been in the position of "Should be fired" guy.

Because Ireland has proven he is a below average GM. I don't deny that he can find marginal guys in the late rounds, he is pretty good at that. But he is horrendous at finding guys at the top of the draft, where the best athletes are. He has never drafted an elite player - EVER. Thill might be his first out of 50 picks. His FA decisions are equally as bad on the whole. For every Grimes, we get 4 Wheelers, Clabos, Nenenees and Columbos or vastly overpay for guys like Ellerbe and Wallace.

Bottom line is that Ireland has failed at getting top level talent and we are not going to ever compete for Super Bowls having to rely on marginal talent and squeaking out 1 possession games.

Because Ireland has proven he is a below average GM. I don't deny that he can find marginal guys in the late rounds, he is pretty good at that. But he is horrendous at finding guys at the top of the draft, where the best athletes are. He has never drafted an elite player - EVER. Thill might be his first out of 50 picks. His FA decisions are equally as bad on the whole. For every Grimes, we get 4 Wheelers, Clabos, Nenenees and Columbos or vastly overpay for guys like Ellerbe and Wallace.

Bottom line is that Ireland has failed at getting top level talent and we are not going to ever compete for Super Bowls having to rely on marginal talent and squeaking out 1 possession games.
That's funny because it has been said many times that pouncey is one the elite centers of the game.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That's funny because it has been said many times that pouncey is one the elite centers of the game.
Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

By who? He is good, not the best, has character issues and was drafted higher than any center ever. If this is your best Ireland defense, I win.

Back
Top Bottom