Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

Got to say I'm happy he's staying. He went out and got the people we needed. Grimes was a steal. Gibson was beginning to come into his own. Clay is becoming a threat. Hartline. R. Jones. Etc... I'll admit the linebackers are questionable. Ireland got us a coach and a franchise QB. He's got us knocking on the door for the playoffs. He'll solidify the offensive line this offseason and we'll be happy again in SOBE for a loooong time.

Got to say I'm happy he's staying. He went out and got the people we needed. Grimes was a steal. Gibson was beginning to come into his own. Clay is becoming a threat. Hartline. R. Jones. Etc... I'll admit the linebackers are questionable. Ireland got us a coach and a franchise QB. He's got us knocking on the door for the playoffs. He'll solidify the offensive line this offseason and we'll be happy again in SOBE for a loooong time.

Based on what? He's been trying to solidify the OL for six years now and has failed to do it so far, despite the fact that he has spent a ton of high picks and stupid amounts of FA money on it.

thats all you have left. The OL. Now he will fix it for good.

Wasn't it reported that Ross was behind the decision to hire Philbin, not Ireland. Kinda like how the dumbarse Ireland wanted Orton, but Ross overruled him.

Why will Ireland fix the OL this year after twice failing before?

thats all you have left. The OL. Now he will fix it for good.

Nevermind the fact that the OL has been a priority for six years and this is what we have. Sure, I'll trust that he can fix it this time around :lol: Also disregarding the overrated defense that can't hold a lead. This lb corp. is mediocre at best.

Ol is always a problem for every team. You need 9-10 of them every year to get through a season.

Its not a mess now. Its not great but they are doing enough.

This is the draft.

But it doesnt matter. All ireland h8ters want is him gone. it really has nothing to do with his job that he is doing. you guys keep raising the bar once one problem taken care of.

Ol is always a problem for every team. You need 9-10 of them every year to get through a season.

Its not a mess now. Its not great but they are doing enough.

This is the draft.

But it doesnt matter. All ireland h8ters want is him gone. it really has nothing to do with his job that he is doing. you guys keep raising the bar once one problem taken care of.

Because Ireland has done such a brilliant job drafting lineman. And second round picks in general, those have proven to be awesome.

I do have one minor request for Ireland when he no-really-this-time "fixes" the line: please dont fix it by signing individuals who occasionally molest women. That might also help lower the number of grievances filed against us, which we are currently sitting at number 1 in the league with. But hey, at least we are leading the way in something, amirite?

Huh, look at that, looks like us "h8ters"(your spelling that wrong, there are no numbers in it, you should correct that) have more then "just the line". Good to know how to secure your loyalty for life though: one average season per Presidential term.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Wasn't it reported that Ross was behind the decision to hire Philbin, not Ireland. Kinda like how the dumbarse Ireland wanted Orton, but Ross overruled him.

Why will Ireland fix the OL this year after twice failing before?

Correct on both accounts.

I can't believe anyone actually thought Ireland was going anywhere! He is a top gm in this league! And yes dez bryants mom is a whore!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Is anyone surprised? Really? Are the haters going to boycott the team? Especially if they make the playoffs?

Didn't think so. If we start making the playoffs every year, people may still hate him, but he'll have a job.

All the b*tch*ng and moaning about Ireland.... STOP IT!!!!! FACT: He is part of the reason we are having this moment now. What would you change? Yes, I'd want a better offensive line for Ryan Tannehill now but, where's the fun in that? We'd be SB favorites with a dominating oline and would never know moments like yesterday. We struggled on the field, we struggled thru a scandal and now we are winning on the field and no one cares about the damn scandal. Ireland is an a**hole and has made some mistakes. The Nene's and columbos are mistakes. Mistakes he made in his first couple of years as an "actual" GM(Parcells). Name more? You can't have Clabo, he is playing good right now. Wheeler is still on the filed, playing on a defense that's doing pretty darn good right now. Ireland is an a**hole, a d*ckhead, a punk but, he's our a**hole and he has put us in position to have the moments we are having now. Hell, all he has to do is put together an oline in the offseason(white whale) and MAYBE get us a LB and we are SB contenders next year. Do you agree? ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE!

Damn near every player that made a play for us yesterday was bought here by Ireland. WHAT HE IS DOING IS WORKING!!!!!! Who gives a f*ck what he asked some other teams WR about his ef'ing mother? F**k her!!!!!

He's been GM for 3 whole seasons now. Go look at other GMs track record and tell me if any of them have drafted multiple "elite" players in their first 3 drafts. I'll wait. That isn't even a true statement. he may not draft the "out of the gate" super star but, he has drafted a few emerging players that are playing great right now- Ryan Tannehill, Charles Clay, Daniel Thomas and Ireland bought in Michael Thomas- THE STAR OF THE LAST DRIVE YESTERDAY!!!!

If your a Dolphin be Dolphin. Stop hating on other Dolphins. Is everyone in your family perfect?

All the b*tch*ng and moaning about Ireland.... STOP IT!!!!! FACT: He is part of the reason we are having this moment now. What would you change? Yes, I'd want a better offensive line for Ryan Tannehill now but, where's the fun in that? We'd be SB favorites with a dominating oline and would never know moments like yesterday. We struggled on the field, we struggled thru a scandal and now we are winning on the field and no one cares about the damn scandal. Ireland is an a**hole and has made some mistakes. The Nene's and columbos are mistakes. Mistakes he made in his first couple of years as an "actual" GM(Parcells). Name more? You can't have Clabo, he is playing good right now. Wheeler is still on the filed, playing on a defense that's doing pretty darn good right now. Ireland is an a**hole, a d*ckhead, a punk but, he's our a**hole and he has put us in position to have the moments we are having now. Hell, all he has to do is put together an oline in the offseason(white whale) and MAYBE get us a LB and we are SB contenders next year. Do you agree? ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE!

Damn near every player that made a play for us yesterday was bought here by Ireland. WHAT HE IS DOING IS WORKING!!!!!! Who gives a f*ck what he asked some other teams WR about his ef'ing mother? F**k her!!!!!

He's been GM for 3 whole seasons now. Go look at other GMs track record and tell me if any of them have drafted multiple "elite" players in their first 3 drafts. I'll wait. That isn't even a true statement. he may not draft the "out of the gate" super star but, he has drafted a few emerging players that are playing great right now- Ryan Tannehill, Charles Clay, Daniel Thomas and Ireland bought in Michael Thomas- THE STAR OF THE LAST DRIVE YESTERDAY!!!!

If your a Dolphin be Dolphin. Stop hating on other Dolphins. Is everyone in your family perfect?

How many wins did that **** o-line cost us? At least one, probably more. The GM cost us games, that is a huge ****ing problem. Not only that but we're lucky Tannehill can still walk and wasn't shell shocked. Now we may be completely ****ed at the CB position, and injuries played a big part here unlike the o-line, but that Vontea Davis trade is looking dumber and dumber by the minute.

Even I admit Ireland had his best year this year as GM strategy wise, time will tell if those players work out, but he still didn't have a good year and I don't want to take the risk he'll regress back to his ****ty self. I've contended all along a good coach and a good QB can win a lot of games despite having a below average GM so what we're doing now is no shock to me but with a great GM we could have easily been 12-4 this season. On top of that Ireland will never get the benefit of the doubt with the fanbase, every move will be questioned and the fans won't flock to the stadium until there is conclusive evidence the team has turned the corner. Fire Ireland, promote somebody in house and I think with just that you would see a big spike in season ticket sales next season.

I keep saying watch out u wish for. We ran Shula out of town thinking we had a replacement since JJ and it has been a joke since maybe Philbin is the man now but it is going to take another season to find out. Ireland would have helped Shula his last few years aquire better talent in the draft than Shula did. My point is we have had average to bad GMs the past 20 plus years if you consider Ireland below average because he has been the cream of the crop during that period. I am for upgrading any position including GM but don't expect it to be a cakewalk changeout or everyone would be doing it. Some of guys calling for Ireland's head around here also were not down on some of his selections prior to his draft. That what is called a 20/20 hindsight fan!

There are three pieces to this puzzle no matter how you slice it. GM, coach, and QB. Unless you have a few rings this is how all three are tied together. I think we're fine now.

Back
Top Bottom