Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

How many wins did that **** o-line cost us? At least one, probably more. The GM cost us games, that is a huge ****ing problem. Not only that but we're lucky Tannehill can still walk and wasn't shell shocked. Now we may be completely ****ed at the CB position, and injuries played a big part here unlike the o-line, but that Vontea Davis trade is looking dumber and dumber by the minute.

Even I admit Ireland had his best year this year as GM strategy wise, time will tell if those players work out, but he still didn't have a good year and I don't want to take the risk he'll regress back to his ****ty self. I've contended all along a good coach and a good QB can win a lot of games despite having a below average GM so what we're doing now is no shock to me but with a great GM we could have easily been 12-4 this season. On top of that Ireland will never get the benefit of the doubt with the fanbase, every move will be questioned and the fans won't flock to the stadium until there is conclusive evidence the team has turned the corner. Fire Ireland, promote somebody in house and I think with just that you would see a big spike in season ticket sales next season.

The oline has cost a couple games at least. Name me an GM that hits on everything, every time? He had a huge offseason, a great offseason. So what he missed on the oline. He has done something about his mistake with Mckinnie and Brenner and even his former mistake, Clabo is playing well now. Get over it. Tannehill is just fine. Did you happen to see the game on Sunday? Did you really bring up Vontae Davis? LOL. you searching really hard if you going with VD.lol. Was he supposed to provide depth or something? That tarde was on Philbin, you saw it on Hard Knocks, Ireland asked Philbin and Philbin said go ahead. IT WAS ON TV!!!!

And what do you mean "back to his ****ty self"? He is in the 4th year of his official GM career. He is doing damn good. No, wait, he is doing DAMN good!!!!!!! I could careless if he is an as*hole.

That pick could have been used differently and without having to move up to get it. Guys that are drafted high are expected to compete and contribute full time from day 1. When you get into the second and third round is where you are looking at guys that need time to develop. Is Jordan going to reach his full potential immediately? Not likely but not just being drafted at 3 but trading up to get him even though he is deficient in the run game equals not getting full value of the pick.

How can I look at next year and expect Jordan to break out? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you he will improve enough to get on the field in all situations? Of course not. We hope he develops to meet that goal but there is no guarantee. Make no mistake that in the time he has been on the field I really like what I see but thus far he is not a complete player. Easy to Monday Morning QB picks now but had they have stayed put and selected Richardson, our DL would be better suited immediately and that would have been a great long term investment.

Jordan is a great example of the teams eye on 2014, which itself is a great example of Ireland likely being here unless something drastic changes that.

The oline has cost a couple games at least. Name me an GM that hits on everything, every time? He had a huge offseason, a great offseason. So what he missed on the oline. He has done something about his mistake with Mckinnie and Brenner and even his former mistake, Clabo is playing well now. Get over it. Tannehill is just fine. Did you happen to see the game on Sunday?

And what do you mean "back to his ****ty self"? He is in the 4th year of his official GM career. He is doing damn good. No, wait, he is doing DAMN good!!!!!!! I could careless if he is an as*hole.

What do the Dolphins, Eagles, Browns, Bills and Jaguars have in common? They all went into the season with +$20million in cap space. Thats understandable for teams that had just rebuilt their staffs but why are we on that list? Especially considering we spent less on offense than every team in the league except the cap strapped Raiders. I'll tell you why, its because Ireland misjudged the situation, he didn't think we were ready to compete yet and was saving up for another huge spending spree. Thats a fatal mistake, you don't EVER squander games for the present season trying to get cute for the future, especially not when you had the opportunity to do something special, like finish 13-3 and get a first round bye. Who knows what the future holds, you may never get an opportunity like again even if Tannehill and Philbin are studs, just ask Marino and Shula.

We had everything going for us, Bills and Jets are rebuilding with rookie QBs, Patriots are injury riddled and rebuilding in their own way, the AFC North is the weakest its been in decades. San Diego rebuilding and having to travel east. Tampa Bay is ****. We got Cam Newton and the Panthers coming off an emotional letdown. We got the Falcons at their weakest in the past 6 years. And OUR team has been relatively healthy all season.

We ****ing squandered all of that for what? Why didn't we spend some of that $20 million on another tackle, a Reggie Bush, an Anthony Fasano, or hell, we could have signed all 3 if we wanted.

This was one HUGE missed opportunity and who was to blame? Not the coach. Not the QB. Not injuries or weather or the schedule. Our GM is solely to blame from where I stand.

He had a huge offseason, a great offseason.

No actually his offseason wasn't huge or great, it was typical. His draft was pitiful and his FAs choices were poor. Outside of Grimes 1 year contract, Wheeler awful, Clabo awful and Ellerbe and Wallace are vastly overpaid. You aren't going to win superbowls with the talent Ireland finds.

Did you really bring up Vontae Davis? LOL. you searching really hard if you going with VD.lol. Was he supposed to provide depth or something? That tarde was on Philbin, you saw it on Hard Knocks, Ireland asked Philbin and Philbin said go ahead. IT WAS ON TV!!!!

Thats not true, its at about the 47 minute mark of episode 4 if you want to rewatch. And I don't really care who precipitated the trade or who was on board or who thought it was a good idea. It was ****ing stupid and even if Philbin "ordered" it Ireland is the GM and can simply say a second round pick a year down the road isn't good enough. And what was the rush? He had 2 years left on his deal, we could have kept him on the roster for another year then traded him if he really wasn't working out. The guy was making peanuts.

What do the Dolphins, Eagles, Browns, Bills and Jaguars have in common? They all went into the season with +$20million in cap space. Thats understandable for teams that had just rebuilt their staffs but why are we on that list? Especially considering we spent less on offense than every team in the league except the cap strapped Raiders. I'll tell you why, its because Ireland misjudged the situation, he didn't think we were ready to compete yet and was saving up for another huge spending spree. Thats a fatal mistake, you don't EVER squander games for the present season trying to get cute for the future, especially not when you had the opportunity to do something special, like finish 13-3 and get a first round bye. Who knows what the future holds, you may never get an opportunity like again even if Tannehill and Philbin are studs, just ask Marino and Shula.

We had everything going for us, Bills and Jets are rebuilding with rookie QBs, Patriots are injury riddled and rebuilding in their own way, the AFC North is the weakest its been in decades. San Diego rebuilding and having to travel east. Tampa Bay is ****. We got Cam Newton and the Panthers coming off an emotional letdown. We got the Falcons at their weakest in the past 6 years. And OUR team has been relatively healthy all season.

We ****ing squandered all of that for what? Why didn't we spend some of that $20 million on another tackle, a Reggie Bush, an Anthony Fasano, or hell, we could have signed all 3 if we wanted.

This was one HUGE missed opportunity and who was to blame? Not the coach. Not the QB. Not injuries or weather or the schedule. Our GM is solely to blame from where I stand.

I was gonna actually respond to you until I read the whole post.lol. One of the silliest posts I've read.

No actually his offseason wasn't huge or great, it was typical. His draft was pitiful and his FAs choices were poor. Outside of Grimes 1 year contract, Wheeler awful, Clabo awful and Ellerbe and Wallace are vastly overpaid. You aren't going to win superbowls with the talent Ireland finds.

Are you a Dolphins fan? Can't tell. Clabo was awful at one point but, not anymore. Wheeler sucks. Ellerbe may be over paid but, he is playing good football now and if it continues, he won't be overpaid. Wallace has been overpaid but, is all of that his fault? Tannehill has missed Wallace a lot more than Wallace has played poorly. And if what is happening lately continues, he isn't overpaid either(well, maybe some but, I have no problem with that) What about Brenner? Thomas? Mckinnie? Clay? Matthews? Tannehill? Pouncey? Vernon? Shelby? For all the misses, there are more pluses. You're just blind with hate for your teams GM, who has put us in this position.lol. How does that even sound?lol

Thats not true, its at about the 47 minute mark of episode 4 if you want to rewatch. And I don't really care who precipitated the trade or who was on board or who thought it was a good idea. It was ****ing stupid and even if Philbin "ordered" it Ireland is the GM and can simply say a second round pick a year down the road isn't good enough. And what was the rush? He had 2 years left on his deal, we could have kept him on the roster for another year then traded him if he really wasn't working out. The guy was making peanuts.

LOL as in I'm laughing at how you guys are reaching for Vontae Davis.lol. HE DIDN'T FIT IN TO WHAT THEY WERE TRYING TO DO!!!!!! The only reason VD is playing good now, if he is playing good right now, is because he was traded and had to realize football is his job and he should take it seriously. Vontae Davis was a bum for us and he was a lazy bum at that.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

And re-watch the episode, he ask Philbin and he gave his go ahead.

Are you a Dolphins fan? Can't tell. Clabo was awful at one point but, not anymore. Wheeler sucks. Ellerbe may be over paid but, he is playing good football now and if it continues, he won't be overpaid. Wallace has been overpaid but, is all of that his fault? Tannehill has missed Wallace a lot more than Wallace has played poorly. And if what is happening lately continues, he isn't overpaid either(well, maybe some but, I have no problem with that) What about Brenner? Thomas? Mckinnie? Clay? Matthews? Tannehill? Pouncey? Vernon? Shelby? For all the misses, there are more pluses. You're just blind with hate for your teams GM, who has put us in this position.lol. How does that even sound?lol

Is it about being a fan and hopeful or watching the play on the field?

We are good capwise because Wallace's salary counts only 3mi against the cap. Next year? 17mi!

He overspends on freeagents and sign guys of waivers and other team's practice squads to fill the holes created by his terrible job dafting players.

He went after Thomas, not good enough player to make the 49ers team, and the guy started ahead of his draft picks! That's insane!

Can't you see a trend here?
Ellerbe/Wheeler = Dansby/Burnett
Wallace = Marshall
Clabo = Terrible OL signing from the past
Still drafting players that can't produce.

The money you overspend on freeagents cripples your team in a salary cap league, Dansby still counts for about 3mi against our cap in 2014 and that is just plain stupid!

For all the misses, there are more pluses. You're just blind with hate for your teams GM, who has put us in this position.lol. How does that even sound?lol

Actually, no. Ireland misses approx. 4:1 on draft picks, we've done the analysis and his FAs are even worse. His drafting in rounds 2 and 3 (where the core of your team should be built) is atrocious and has yet to draft a probowl player in 6 years. You can cherry pick a few guys here and there but on the whole his actual record is very poor. You point to guys like Mathews, Shelby, Thomas, McKinnie and Brenner like I'm supposed to be impressed.

Actually, no. Ireland misses approx. 4:1 on draft picks, we've done the analysis and his FAs are even worse. His drafting in rounds 2 and 3 (where the core of your team should be built) is atrocious and has yet to draft a probowl player in 6 years. You can cherry pick a few guys here and there but on the whole his actual record is very poor. You point to guys like Mathews, Shelby, Thomas, McKinnie and Brenner like I'm supposed to be impressed.

Why would you not be impressed? All of those players have contributed to where we are now. You talk as if we have the worst GM in the entire league. You do understand that if he was fired Philbin would also likely be gone? You want that? You want Tanne (our future at QB, who Ireland drafted btw) to go through a new system? He'll be the next Sam Bradford.

Ireland is an average GM, he isn't the worst in the league. There are teams with WAY worse overall talent than we have. I'm pretty sure that if you went to pretty much any team except the 49ers/seahawks you'll find misses on draft boards everywhere.

You guys can hate on Ireland all you want but honestly you guys just sound like whiny children that dabble in way to much hyperbole. If Ireland was as bad as you guys make it sound we would be 0-16 and he would be fired. For every dud you call Ireland on, I can find a gem or I could find a team with a worse overall draft. I wonder if Pats fans are calling for their GMs head since he can't seem to draft CBs and has wasted just as many 2nd/3rd round picks as you say we have.

Ireland isn't going anywhere. So how about the contingent of h-aters (why the hell is it changing that word to "bradys") on this forum shut up so we can enjoy the rest of the season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dion Jordan DE 2013 0 0 0 14 2.0 Oregon
2013 2 54 Jamar Taylor CB 2013 0 0 0 7 Boise St.
2013 3 77 Dallas Thomas T 2013 0 0 0 6 Tennessee
2013 3 93 Will Davis CB 2013 0 0 0 4 Utah St.
2013 4 104 Jelani Jenkins OLB 2013 0 0 0 13 Florida
2013 4 106 Dion Sims TE 2013 0 0 1 13 6 32 1 Michigan St.
2013 5 164 Mike Gillislee RB 2013 0 0 0 3 6 21 0 Florida
2013 5 166 Caleb Sturgis K 2013 0 0 0 14 Florida
2013 7 250 Don Jones SS 2013 0 0 0 14 Arkansas St.
Passing Rushing Receiving
Year Rnd Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2012 1 8 Ryan Tannehill QB 2013 0 0 2 10 30 607 1005 6921 35 27 87 430 3 Texas A&M
2012 2 42 Jonathan Martin T 2013 0 0 2 7 23 Stanford
2012 3 72 Olivier Vernon DE 2013 0 0 1 2 30 15.0 Miami (FL)
2012 3 78 Michael Egnew TE 2013 0 0 1 0 16 7 69 0 Missouri
2012 4 97 Lamar Miller RB 2013 0 0 1 2 27 208 878 3 31 211 0 Miami (FL)
2012 5 155 Josh Kaddu LB 2013 0 0 0 0 5 Oregon
2012 6 183 B.J. Cunningham WR 2013 0 0 0 0 1 Michigan St.
2012 7 215 Kheeston Randall DT 2013 0 0 0 1 10 Texas
2012 7 227 Rishard Matthews WR 2013 0 0 0 1 22 47 532 2
Year Rnd Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2011 1 15 Mike Pouncey OL 2013 0 0 3 15 44 Florida
2011 2 62 Daniel Thomas RB 2013 0 0 0 7 38 354 1306 8 41 288 3 Kansas St.
2011 4 111 Clyde Gates WR 2013 0 0 0 2 32 2 16 0 30 365 0 Abilene Christian
2011 6 174 Charles Clay TE 2013 0 0 2 4 42 6 15 1 95 1129 11 Tulsa
2011 7 231 Frank Kearse DT 2013 0 0 0 3 14 1.5 Alabama A&M
2011 7 235 Jimmy Wilson DB 2013 0 0 0 5 44 3 2.0 Montana
2010 1 28 Jared Odrick DE 2013 0 0 2 13 47 1 15.5 Penn St.
2010 2 40 Koa Misi LB 2013 0 0 4 17 55 11.0 Utah
2010 3 73 John Jerry T 2013 0 0 3 13 55 Mississippi
2010 4 119 A.J. Edds LB 2012 0 0 0 0 11 Iowa
2010 5 145 Nolan Carroll DB 2013 0 0 2 7 56 4 2.0 Maryland
2010 5 163 Reshad Jones DB 2013 0 0 3 16 58 7 5.5 Georgia
2010 7 212 Chris McCoy DE 0 0 0 Middle Tenn. St.
2010 7 252 Austin Spitler LB

These are Irelands 4 drafts he has been in charge of. 4 to 1 dude? That's laughable. Go ahead and do the math now and prove you are right. Look at the 2012 draft class. The whole draft is contributing damn near. You have no clue what you are talking about. 4:1?lol

Why would you not be impressed? All of those players have contributed to where we are now. You talk as if we have the worst GM in the entire league. You do understand that if he was fired Philbin would also likely be gone? You want that? You want Tanne (our future at QB, who Ireland drafted btw) to go through a new system? He'll be the next Sam Bradford.

Ireland is an average GM, he isn't the worst in the league. There are teams with WAY worse overall talent than we have. I'm pretty sure that if you went to pretty much any team except the 49ers/seahawks you'll find misses on draft boards everywhere.

You guys can hate on Ireland all you want but honestly you guys just sound like whiny children that dabble in way to much hyperbole. If Ireland was as bad as you guys make it sound we would be 0-16 and he would be fired. For every dud you call Ireland on, I can find a gem or I could find a team with a worse overall draft. I wonder if Pats fans are calling for their GMs head since he can't seem to draft CBs and has wasted just as many 2nd/3rd round picks as you say we have.

Ireland isn't going anywhere. So how about the contingent of h-aters (why the hell is it changing that word to "bradys") on this forum shut up so we can enjoy the rest of the season?

Not impressed because Ireland sucks at drafting and we resort to pick up others people trash. There is a reason these guys cant make other squads, because they are average. The homers around here greatly overestimate their ability. You aren't going to build a championship caliber team with acorns. The Ireland buttsniffers defense seems to be that there are worse GMs. This is true, but there are also much better GMs and I'm not scared to take a chance to rise above mediocrity.

I'm glad you brought up the Patsies, this is my whole argument. Just think how great of team they could have been if they didn't draft so poorly. Look at what Brady has had to play with on O over his career. Outside of Moss for a year, not much. Hall-of-Fame coaching and QB play has covered up a lot of their personnel mistakes and I think the same is starting to happen here.

These are Irelands 4 drafts he has been in charge of. 4 to 1 dude? That's laughable. Go ahead and do the math now and prove you are right. Look at the 2012 draft class. The whole draft is contributing damn near. You have no clue what you are talking about. 4:1?lol

Yeah, there's no way its 4:1. 2013 draft shouldn't be included in this as it is too early to evaluate that draft. It's quite obvious our coaching staff would rather have these players learn behind the vets at their positions. The only reason why Tanne was thrown into the fire was he didn't have anyone to learn from lol

Either way, I see a lot of talent and contributors in those drafts. And Tanne, whose ceiling we don't even know yet, should count as like 10 players.

Based on those drafts, and the fact that Ireland drafted what's looking to be our franchise QB for the next 10 years, he doesn't deserve to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom