Rumor: Owner Stephen Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, Ross & Harbaugh meeting goes great | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Owner Stephen Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, Ross & Harbaugh meeting goes great

No, but there are probably quite a few people who are willing to share their opinion on what is happening, based on things they have heard throughout the office/work environment, with friends and relatives who share it with others themselves. Thus making it harder to determine who is the leak/source and also making it harder to determine if the evidence is concrete. Hence why it's call a rumor.

these "sources" have supplied about 30 different scenarios in the past week, eventually somebody has to get it right.

i'll wait till the dolphins announce , till then i wont get my hopes up or down over rumors. i dont mind the rumors , i just think most people read into them too much.

I for one appreciate big time getting news here when people have something worth sharing. Much more than the gossip ESPN dishes out.

Do we really want to go the "hottest college coach" route again? Wasn't O-Saban-bin-Lyin' enough? I would rather keep Jeff & Tony, & get a new OC. We need to find the next Sean Payton or Mike Tomlin. They weren't exactly household names you know.

All very different circumstances. Saban was the hot coach brought into a less-than-stable situation and bailed after two seasons when he realized that he did better with pupils than equals. Sean Payton had an established track record as an assistant with the Giants and Cowboys. Mike Tomlin was hired by perhaps the best ownership in the NFL, the Rooneys. It also didn't hurt that he inherited a Super Bowl-caliber team. Unless you're Sylvia Browne, there's no way anyone can say with any degree of certainty that Sparano would've been equally as ineffective in either New Orleans or Pittsburgh, just you can say that either Payton or Tomlin would've been equally as successful in Miami as they were in their respective jobs.

Michael

ETA: Sean Payton's first three years with the Saints amassed a 10-6 record in 2006, a 7-9 record in 2007 and an 8-8 record in 2008 before winning it all in 2009. It wasn't all peaches and cream as soon as he walked in the door. He had to endure some rough spots before reaching the promised land.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe that with some of the bull**** that gets posted in these threads, that people are jumping all over his case about this....which could very well in the next few hours turn out to be fact. WVDolphin...reading over your posts in multiple threads, I've come to the conclusion that you're an *******. Always trying to knock down others credibility. Posters like you make this site unenjoyable.

I agree wholeheartedly. You have to understand where he is coming from though. And I mean geographically.

I want what is best for the team. I am open to change, but I am not going to jump off a bridge if Sparano is brought back.

Then why the continued support for Sparano? Being open to change usually constitutes as wanting somebody completely different than the guy that is currently in place.

I will say one thing regarding sources. My girlfriend books travel for an NHL team. The players, coaches, scouts, and even the GM. Often times I will know things the public doesnt, and even the media. For instance, if she books a a player back home when the team is on the road, I'll know. I also knew which FA's the team was looking at this offseason as a friend she had made within the organization had told her certain players she had seen being wined and dined. It is possible to know things through very weird connections you would never consider. At the same time, I would never go on this Hockey forum and expect people to take me seriously based on what I just typed.

NO, She doesn't have a twitter.

I don't buy that ****.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom