Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature' | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

The Miami Dolphins have not won 12 games in a season in TWENTY YEARS. In fact, I'd wager that a large percentage of the posters on this site aren't old enough to remember when it last happened. But I'm sure this year will be different, what with all of the pieces in place-- a lousy QB, a new (and unproven) offensive coordinator, an entirely new offensive backfield, a make-shift at best offensive line, coming off of two losing seasons (with collapses in the stretch run), a division where the Pats won 14 games and the Jets made it to the AFC championship for the second time in a row, and Captain Mediocrity in charge (because the equally clueless owner failed in his bid to replace him). But of course, this will be the year that all of these holes get filled in the draft and free agency. Yeah, no doubt this is the team that finally wins 12 games. :rolleyes2:
You're missing my point. I'm not saying we will get 12 wins, I'm simply stating that I'd rather root for Sparano and co. to have success. I'm not a fan of this team to ***** and complain and hope they fail.

funny_picture_cat_fail_Cat_vs_Fishs264x3-1.jpg

no more wildcat :p
soon to be banned words meatball, spaghetti, sucks, spazrano, m0rono censored already, loser, inept, feeble,
slow, i feel like im in china

How about letting free agency and the draft happen before criticizing what this team will have on their roster. That seems fair, doesn't it? Also, Sparano has taken this team to the playoffs before, why couldn't he again this year?

Because he sucks. Secondly, we went to the playoffs because so many things fell our way during that season. Mistake free quarterback play, no injuries, and teams were still trying to adjust to the Wildcat.

Did anyone expect anything else? That's a large part of the reason I feel like we are at least a coach away from being a serious contender...

If Treadmill Tony ends up coaching this team to more wins than it would have had in 2011 without him, it would be fair to ask him where he was during 2010. If he doesn't, it would be fair to ask him why he's still here.

Tomlin gets the Steelers to wins they wouldn't have without him. Same with Belichick, probably even Rex although I am loathe to admit it. That's what coaches do. They don't fiddle while your OC burns down Rome.

Because he sucks. Secondly, we went to the playoffs because so many things fell our way during that season. Mistake free quarterback play, no injuries, and teams were still trying to adjust to the Wildcat.

For the most part, Miami got lucky in '08. However, there is an element of balance considering how many close (6 by 3 pts or less) losses happened in '07.

Where in my sentence did i say i want us to lose? I want Sparano fired i hate his damn stubbornness and his boring nature and philosophy of football.
Why? You want Sparano to fail?? Where's the logic in that?

Basically what you're saying is that you're hoping Sparano fails miserably, and Miami continues to be stuck in mediocrity? I thought Sparano should've been fired after this year, but hey, he wasn't. I'm fully behind him and I truly hope he turns out to be a great coach for us.

Same goes for Henne. I don't necessarily believe he is the answer, but you can be damn sure I'm praying he is and that he'll be the next great thing. If he is the starter next year, then so be it. Just like Sparano, I'm fully behind him and will be rooting for him to succeed.

Rooting for our own players/coaches to fail is unbelievable. I don't know about you, but I want to win, regardless of who it's with. As long as the player/coach is a member of the Miami Dolphins, you better believe I'm hoping they'll pull through.

Also, sorry to single you out. This isn't just to you though, there are many others who follow the same philosophy.

Where in my sentence did i say i want us to lose? I want Sparano fired i hate his damn stubbornness and his boring nature and philosophy of football.
You quoted a guy who said something to the effect of "Don't worry after next year he will be gone" and came back with "I hope your right" or something like that. Nowhere did you say that, but you very clearly implied that you were indeed rooting for him to fail.

You quoted a guy who said something to the effect of "Don't worry after next year he will be gone" and came back with "I hope your right" or something like that. Nowhere did you say that, but you very clearly implied the you were indeed rooting for him to fail.

I'm rooting for him to fail. I don't think he's even close to a good enough coach to get us to the super bowl. And more mediocre 7-9 to 9-7 seasons aren't what I want to watch.

I'm rooting for him to fail. I don't think he's even close to a good enough coach to get us to the super bowl. And more mediocre 7-9 to 9-7 seasons aren't what I want to watch.
Well you do that, and as long as he's here, I'll be hoping he develops and turns this team around into a winner. I'd rather not have to change regimes AGAIN.

Wow this says a lot. You should always root for him to succeed but you can expect him to fail. If he wins the SB would you be sad?

Dude no offense but Sparano has no brains i love the Dolphins but we wont make it anywhere with Sparano he doesnt even act like a coach and he responds to things in ways that just piss u off the Dolphins need their Al Golden who The U hired listen to him talk Sparano is nothing like that now Golden hasnt proven anything of course but he gets you excited he says what fans want to hear but Sparano just sidesteps every question because most the time he doesnt even have an answer and when he does he doesnt even have a logical answer like when they asked him why did you run a wildcat on third and long or some **** like that he was like we thought it was a good play and that was it. Sparano is moron.
A true fan never roots against their team. smh

Back
Top Bottom