Spurs vs. Mavericks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spurs vs. Mavericks

Great game!!!! That made me hungry. I am off to Wendys for a Frostee.
:lol:

I think the series goes 7. Devin Harris is getting into the lane at will against San Antonio. Pop is too good of a coach to have let that slide after game two but he did. During the regular season San Antonio relied alot on Parker but Tim Duncan is not being stopped at all and they need to feed him the ball everytime he's in the post. It was a great game I agree with Avery's strategy to miss the free throw but Stakehouse didn't even draw iron. Hubie Brown mentioned it countless times but Dallas has Parker on Dirk yet they ignore him which I believe is selfishness.

djfresh47 said:
I think the series goes 7. Devin Harris is getting into the lane at will against San Antonio. Pop is too good of a coach to have let that slide after game two but he did. During the regular season San Antonio relied alot on Parker but Tim Duncan is not being stopped at all and they need to feed him the ball everytime he's in the post. It was a great game I agree with Avery's strategy to miss the free throw but Stakehouse didn't even draw iron. Hubie Brown mentioned it countless times but Dallas has Parker on Dirk yet they ignore him which I believe is selfishness.
I agree Fresh..Normally I wouldnt have too much to say about officiating..but this is the second game in a row theyve bailed the Mavs out.However Game 2 the Spurs didnt play well enough at all to overcome the crazy mess they called officiating.I wont go into that much but you are right about going down low to Tim.Ive said that time and time again.I'm not giving the Mavs any respect just yet.Theyve benifited by horrible decisive calls down the stretch.Ive put it behind me.I'm ready for game 4 on Monday.And yes I think thisll go 7.

Great game....the Mavs cant stop Duncan and the Spurs cant stop the Mavs. The Spurs may have the best player but the Mavs continually have 3-4 matchup problems on the court. Its like we have reverted back to the Don Nelson days....except these guys actually play defense.

As a side note there must be 20 or so gms out there beating their heads against the wall for passing up on Howard for whatever high school or euro bust they drafted. Its great to see players like him succeed.

Dre3000 said:
I dont think the Spurs care nor do I his opinion.

Literacy at its finest. You sure do make it easy.

Dre3000 said:
I agree Fresh..Normally I wouldnt have too much to say about officiating..but this is the second game in a row theyve bailed the Mavs out.However Game 2 the Spurs didnt play well enough at all to overcome the crazy mess they called officiating.I wont go into that much but you are right about going down low to Tim.Ive said that time and time again.I'm not giving the Mavs any respect just yet.Theyve benifited by horrible decisive calls down the stretch.Ive put it behind me.I'm ready for game 4 on Monday.And yes I think thisll go 7.

I rarely start threads but I was going to on how terrible the officiating has been in the playoffs not only for the NBA but also for MLB/NFL/NHL. It's been absolutely pathetic and it's cost Washington for sure in the NBA it may have cost the Angels a couple playoff games and it almost cost the Steelers a playoff game and may have cost the Seahawks a championship. San Antonio/Dallas tonite it wasn't good but I don't know if it cost the Spurs the game. Every team wants a fair shot and unfortunately in the major sports it's not happening.

Ferretsquig said:
Great game....the Mavs cant stop Duncan and the Spurs cant stop the Mavs. The Spurs may have the best player but the Mavs continually have 3-4 matchup problems on the court. Its like we have reverted back to the Don Nelson days....except these guys actually play defense.

As a side note there must be 20 or so gms out there beating their heads against the wall for passing up on Howard for whatever high school or euro bust they drafted. Its great to see players like him succeed.

Literacy at its finest. You sure do make it easy.
Whatever..Couldnt care less what some dude from Carolina thinks...I really wont even give you anymore attention.That seems to be what you want.Its ok.And I really hope you dont think you look intelligent in this thread.I dont care.Keep typin' homie.I think you just want some attention.So I really dont and wont have anything else to say to you.Have fun.:cooldude: :shakeno: :sidelol:

How terrible is it that San Antonio and Dallas have to play in the conference semi-finals? Clearly they are the two best teams in the West. I think the Clippers would give the Spurs trouble in the conference finals and I think both of the other teams can give the Mavs a run; though either team would prevail. I'm just gonna go off on a tangent and this is just hypothetically speaking but when Popovich retires P.J. is the logical replacement although I think he should get a job before then but I think at some point Avery Johnson will be the head coach of the Spurs. San Antonio needs to get off to a good start in game 4 I think they're letting Dallas dictate what they do. Mohammed needs to have better hands and if San Antonio has been decent with a small lineup but if they go big they can create foul trouble for Dirk while they will still be mismatched with speed I think it'll be effective. Just say they go big that puts Dirk on either Nazr or Duncan and I don't think he can defend either one. I think Avery will adjust and have try to get his guys not to jump on the head fakes of Ginobili and Finley which killed them in the 2nd half and making them hit the 3.

djfresh47 said:
I rarely start threads but I was going to on how terrible the officiating has been in the playoffs not only for the NBA but also for MLB/NFL/NHL. It's been absolutely pathetic and it's cost Washington for sure in the NBA it may have cost the Angels a couple playoff games and it almost cost the Steelers a playoff game and may have cost the Seahawks a championship. San Antonio/Dallas tonite it wasn't good but I don't know if it cost the Spurs the game. Every team wants a fair shot and unfortunately in the major sports it's not happening.
I agree.Sports is suffering and has suffered from bad officiating for awhile.About tonights game that last call against Tim was horrible.I mean the replay clearly shows Dirk steppin on Tims foot.If Tim was still in the game the outcome may have been different.To me it seems like they are getting the ticky tack calls.Hopefully we can overcome this and still win the series.Spurs have to play a good complete game.I'll give it to the Mavs they do have a good gameplan.If they win I'll tip my hat to them ( I dont think they will),but man just give me some better officiating.

icephinfan said:
Wow, just saw the score 104-103, close game. Too bad I missed it.

Gotta admit i wasnt watching it very close, but I watched the last minute of the game intensly

Dirk got fouled with about 7 seconds left and the Mavs down 103-102

He sank both shots, after a few messed up plays the spurs inbound it, the ball squirts away, somehow ends up in the hands of Horry, who wildly throws it up and misses badly

Back
Top Bottom