TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

Agreed... Dude has Henne-esque pocket awareness.

Extremely concerning and not something that can be "taught".. you either wake up with it or you don't.

Yeah, his pocket awareness was fine when his offensive line was blocking for him. He's jumpy in the pocket because he has no time and is constantly worried he's gonna get killed. It's hurt his confidence a little. But his pocket awareness is nothing like Henne's, it's much better. Again, I'm tired of these blind Henne comparisons. Some of you need to actually watch these games.

Whatever. I know you have been actively rooting against the guy from day one.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Again what did you expect of him on THIS team?
I haven't been rooting against anyone. The guy pissed away plenty of games just like this in college. It's concerning.

I'm don't have blind faith. I simply use common sense. The guy is a raw qb with zero weapons. He has played some good games and some bad one. I don't know what you expect of him.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Actually it's not.

Honestly, I just wanted to see some progression in key areas especially the ability to be clutch when it matters. that's what really has shaken my faith with him.

I think this is more worrying than all the INTS he's thrown this year. He just doesn't seem to be able to drive the team down the field when it matters most, I know he doesn't have the weapons and that probably gives him the benefit of the doubt a little here, but it hasn't even looked close.

Nailed it. He is 0 fo 5 in game winning situtation. That for me is troubling. He is not clutch is pressure situation also in college. These last 3 weeks he has regressed.

He has got to learn to escape the pocket and throw it away if it is not there. The long throw to Bess on the fly route. As soon as Bess beat his man the ball should be out and quick over the top. Byrd would have never gotten that pick. He threw it late.

He is getting pummeled out there and it may be ruining his confidence. His demeanor when we don't convert is like oh well. No, they should mad they did not convert.

Well I will give him these next 6 games to show me some improvement without regression or this kid is not the answer.

Luck and the rookie phenomenon has heightened the expectations of a QB who was "supposedly" 3 years away from starting..if he comes back against the Seahawks and throws 5tds,he is Marino and we are playoff contenders..look at the big picture and stop being so short sighted about wins or losses. You guys knew what time it was before the season even started

Whatever. I know you have been actively rooting against the guy from day one.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Again what did you expect of him on THIS team?

Improved decision making, looking off defenders, limit turnovers. All have regressed....a lot.

Honestly, I just wanted to see some progression in key areas especially the ability to be clutch when it matters. that's what really has shaken my faith with him.

He has hit the rookie wall I agree. I am sorry but I don't put much faith in clutchness as a rookie.

Nailed it. He is 0 fo 5 in game winning situtation. That for me is troubling. He is not clutch is pressure situation also in college. These last 3 weeks he has regressed.

He has got to learn to escape the pocket and throw it away if it is not there. The long throw to Bess on the fly route. As soon as Bess beat his man the ball should be out and quick over the top. Byrd would have never gotten that pick. He threw it late.

He is getting pummeled out there and it may be ruining his confidence. His demeanor when we don't convert is like oh well. No, they should mad they did not convert.

Well I will give him these 6 games to show me some improvement with regression or this kid is not the answer.

I must've missed it, did Tannehill miss the kick in the first game against the Jets? Because he had us in position to win that game.

I have not yet come to any CONCRETE conclusions about Tannehill, but I am strongly LEANING towards losing my hope that he can be a franchise QB. I just don't see it. He may be a quasi-starter type, but I have serious doubts about him being a quality starter, let alone an ELITE QB. That prospect seems LAUGHABLE right now. I mean, even ROOKIE franchise and/or all-star level QBs show SOME flashes of greatness in their first year. Tannehill shows flashes of becoming the next Drew Bledsoe...only instead of having the early success, he will move straight into the scared, inconsistent turnover prone QB that Bledsoe became in Buffalo and Dallas. I'm going to keep watching, but he is showing signs of REGRESSION, not improvement. At this point, it might be better to play Matt Moore and shut Tanny down for the year...More than anything else I see, the thing that worries me the most, besides the nervousness and inability to rise to pressure, is his lack of leadership ability. He is a timid, scared, soft spoken, shrinking violet right now. That may change, I REALLY REALLY HOPE IT DOES, but my patience is wearing thin...

Improved decision making, looking off defenders, limit turnovers. All have regressed....a lot.

Last few games they have. I guess it means he will never do better.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

I have not yet come to any CONCRETE conclusions about Tannehill, but I am strongly LEANING towards losing my hope that he can be a franchise QB. I just don't see it. He may be a quasi-starter type, but I have serious doubts about him being a quality starter, let alone an ELITE QB. That prospect seems LAUGHABLE right now. I mean, even ROOKIE franchise and/or all-star level QBs show SOME flashes of greatness in their first year. Tannehill shows flashes of becoming the next Drew Bledsoe...only instead of having the early success, he will move straight into the scared, inconsistent turnover prone QB that Bledsoe became in Buffalo and Dallas. I'm going to keep watching, but he is showing signs of REGRESSION, not improvement. At this point, it might be better to play Matt Moore and shut Tanny down for the year...More than anything else I see, the thing that worries me the most, besides the nervousness and inability to rise to pressure, is his lack of leadership ability. He is a timid, scared, soft spoken, shrinking violet right now. That may change, I REALLY REALLY HOPE IT DOES, but my patience is wearing thin...

Losing patience 10 games into his career does not equal you have patience at all.

I guess either you got it or you don't through half of your rookie season hugh. Guess Eli should have been gone a long time ago and Vince young was the next Brady. These are some very immature/premature post about a rookie

You all should be grateful we have a team and owner who are committed to winning. My eyes are open now after seeing the mess Jeffrey Loria is making of the Marlins who are my favorite baseball team. And be patient damn, Eli Manning was worse than Tannehill at this stage. Remember these struggles will only make the team stronger. Philbin is a character guy and he'll show our team the value of trust and unity something we had none of prior to him.

You know you have no weapons when we are telling Davone Bess to go deep.

The offensive line is playing terrible. Teams should not be able to get that much pressure with four guys.

The play calling is laughable. At least Daboll brought a little creativity once in a while.

Tanehill is starting to make me worry a little he looks scared. I'm not ready to give up on him yet though. At least put a line in front of him that can handle a four man rush.

Yeah, his pocket awareness was fine when his offensive line was blocking for him. He's jumpy in the pocket because he has no time and is constantly worried he's gonna get killed. It's hurt his confidence a little. But his pocket awareness is nothing like Henne's, it's much better. Again, I'm tired of these blind Henne comparisons. Some of you need to actually watch these games.

Yeah well, this isn't trying to pile on Tannehill or anything. It's strictly observation. The good quaterbacks are able to make something out of nothing (when the line sucks, when the play breaks down)... this is really what seperates the average quarterbacks from the great ones. So far he has failed everytime he has had the chance to do anything special.

Back
Top Bottom