TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

Look who's talking. Anyone that says the Dolphins OL is suspect is either exaggerating their point, or doesn't know much about football. Teams are playing closer to the line of scrimmage lately. They bump-and-run against the sub-par receivers and stay close to the point of attack. They can rush only 4, yet stop the run and our crappy receivers more easily. A LOT of this is because Tanny can't hit targets down field with accuracy. We had the same problems with Chad Henne. Defenses were respecting the deep ball early on, and as a result our run blocking had more room to operate. As Tanny continues to struggle throwing down field, and defenses learn more of his tendencies, it becomes easier to focus on the run game and dare Tanny to beat the defense deep...he has proven to be ineffective at countering this strategy thus far...and against poor defenses at that. He may improve, I am rooting for that, but as the sample size grows and his performance EBBS...I will grow more and more sure that Hennehill isn't the answer. NO ONE is blaming Ryan for the defensive penalties, or the lack of skill at the offensive skill positions, but his continued poor play late in games, especially the turnovers, is fair game. So far, I gotta say, Doc, I'm not too thrilled with the level of service up to this point.

Carpenter does his job and it changes the entire complexion of the final 2 drives. If you do not see that, I cannot help you.

Did you really expect a rookie QB with no skill position help and, yes, a soft O-line (argue all you want, but this is the case) to drive 99 yards for a game winning TD?

all things being equal and you put Aaron Rodgers in that spot, with this team, and I would have no second thoughts about betting a massive amount of cash that he does not get the TD. Sure, he might not have thrown a pick, but the chances of him -or anyone with this ****ty team surrounding them- driving for a TD in that scenario is very, very unlikely.

i love knee jerk reads like this thread...not that i disagree with the op by the way...he hasn't closed when he's had the chance to...but calling for another qb at this point with what he has to been given to work with...lmao...premature...by like a whole year plus at least

Tannehill made the powerhouse Buffalo D look all pro. Pfffffft. This game wasn't on the D it was Tannehill poor decisions and inaccurate passes. I agree the Dolphins have an uphill climb with the refs, but these losses against a crappy weak schedule indicates Tannehill is SUBPAR at this time.
Somebody who cam actually see talent would disagree.

Dolphins were losing the entire game, most the time thats how it ends, did yall really think we deserved to win this game tonight? Had Tannehill led them to TD drive in the end, it would have been all over ESPN, I think some are expecting him to do too much. Sorry he isnt God.

It's because the real QB's in this league, rookie or not, find a way to win the game when it's coming down to the end and they can mount a drive to win it. Tannehill had not one, but two chances tonight, and he didn't merely fail to make the plays needed to score the go ahead 7 points, he threw two interceptions, one of which was a poorly read forced throw and another of which was just an awful throw. Two chances, where most good QB's succeed with one. We don't explain away losses from Brees, Brady, Manning, Ryan, or Rodgers by saying "they were losing the whole game so how could you not expect them to lose". These guys find a way to win in the final minutes if given a chance, and some of them have done it from the moment they get NFL game action.

The reason why RGIII and Luck are being talked about so much is because they've both manned up and scored some clutch TD's in the final two minutes, and they haven't even been given the numerous chances that Tannehill has and still come out with 0.

Look who's talking. Anyone that says the Dolphins OL is suspect is either exaggerating their point, or doesn't know much about football. Teams are playing closer to the line of scrimmage lately. They bump-and-run against the sub-par receivers and stay close to the point of attack. They can rush only 4, yet stop the run and our crappy receivers more easily. A LOT of this is because Tanny can't hit targets down field with accuracy. We had the same problems with Chad Henne. Defenses were respecting the deep ball early on, and as a result our run blocking had more room to operate. As Tanny continues to struggle throwing down field, and defenses learn more of his tendencies, it becomes easier to focus on the run game and dare Tanny to beat the defense deep...he has proven to be ineffective at countering this strategy thus far...and against poor defenses at that. He may improve, I am rooting for that, but as the sample size grows and his performance EBBS...I will grow more and more sure that Hennehill isn't the answer. NO ONE is blaming Ryan for the defensive penalties, or the lack of skill at the offensive skill positions, but his continued poor play late in games, especially the turnovers, is fair game. So far, I gotta say, Doc, I'm not too thrilled with the level of service up to this point.

I think you're right about how defenses are playing Tannehill, and that the OL isn't entirely to blame, but our OL has still sucked too. But when it all comes down to it, our defense tonight help up admirably in the second half, and with the return TD, our offense wasn't asked to do very much to win. A QB who is too easy to scheme against and whose timing and fundamentals are crap right now is mostly to blame.

Somebody who cam actually see talent would disagree.

Regardless of the magic ability to "see" talent, even our defense that got so manhandled to tonight didn't allow many points, and when it was all said and done we just needed more than 12 points of offense, and a QB who is letting his inexperience show by never setting his feet properly to throw a pass, resulting in inaccurate balls and of course two absolutely crushing picks, simply isn't getting the job done.

I love how we can blame Tannehill's inability to do anything on the receivers, when last I checked Chad Pennington took a receiving corps equally as bad and won 11 games. Yes, I realize we had the wildcat that year, but we weren't completing 67 percent of our passes for 3,600 yards from wildcat formations.

Carpenter has to make the kick. It's a 45-yarder. It's a kick he's made 1,000 times before, and he's paid over $2 mil per year to make those kinds of kicks. I agree he makes it if he's 15 yards closer, but my point is 45 yards is not an unreasonable distance to expect your kicker to make a big kick. And I won't deny Tannehill has regressed the last couple weeks, no denying it. I just think it's lazy to compare him to Henne. They're different QB's. Tannehill has already shown the ability to do things Henne could NEVER do and never learned to do in 3 seasons (Tannehill throws a great 15-yard out, for example, whereas Henne couldn't make that throw if his life depended on it). I expected regression based on the fact he has very little talent around him, and the fact that rookies typically take a step back at some point (Luck may not, but that dude's on another level completely). People don't wanna hear it- and trust me- it's hard for me to be patient sometimes too after all we've been through with this franchise- but we need to be patient with Tannehill. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Right now, he's playing like ****, but he's shown the talent and intelligence is there.

Wasn't that kick a 50 yarder? I just love how our QB can't complete half his throws against one of the league's worst defenses, but we crucify the kicker when he misses a 50 yard FG.

Wasn't that kick a 50 yarder? I just love how our QB can't complete half his throws against one of the league's worst defenses, but we crucify the kicker when he misses a 50 yard FG.

He missed a 45 and a 50 yarder in that game if my memory serves correctly, I thought the attempt in OT for the win was 45.

As it stands right now, RT is no Luck. ANYONE who says they wouldn't rather have Luck or that Luck isn't what we've been looking for the last 12 years since Dan retired is lying, in denial, or just a plain dummy.

I don't know if he will develop into a Luck type QB, but as it stands right now, he's got a long way to go. I am not jumping ship on him yet...but you can tell that Luck is a franchise QB and RT, at least right now is more like DAMON HUARD than anything. I hope it changes.

i think this is more worrying than all the ints he's thrown this year. He just doesn't seem to be able to drive the team down the field when it matters most, i know he doesn't have the weapons and that probably gives him the benefit of the doubt a little here, but it hasn't even looked close.

and imo we will never know what we really have in tanny until next year ? We could have found out this year if ireland would have brought in plax or to. Then next year we could have gotten tanny some real weapons ,but noooooooooo, we will have to wait and see if we have our qb next year after the draft and if we dont then theres another year to sit and wait for another draft to get a franchise qb if he isnt the real deal.

Yes Ireland's talented team playing like girls. Refuse to watch any more lets go heat. Ever notice we have no injuries this year. Because they all play SOFT taking their leads from Shawn smith.

So other teams drop 8 into coverage because they can pressure with four. Our receivers can't separate and our easily covered most of the time. Tannehill is constantly under pressure because they can't eat open. We have no TE. We have no big targets. We can't run the ball. **** it, he should be much better even though he has nothing to work with. Lol look yesterday was Tannehills fault. He threw a terrible pick at the end, but you guys overreact in a way that is beyond the pail.

awesome_thread-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom