TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

The sad reality is this guy has failed EVERY time he has had an opportunity to win with the game on the line... All the excuses in the world won't change this fact guys.

I am not saying he is NOT the answer but I am growing more weary with every game he plays.

Dude simply does not seem to rise to the occasion.

If Dan Carpenter makes a fg, it completely changes the approach on the last two drives for the fins. Instead of being able to play for a -possible- game winning field goal, we were forced to drive the length of the field TWICE with a suspect offensive line and a horrendously weak WR corp. And, gee.. oh boy, oh boy.... I wonder why he tried to force some throws.

But yeah, you're absolutely right. It's ALL Tannehill's fault... ALL of it. The ****ty refs? Tannehill's fault. 5 defensive penalties from one player. Tanne's fault. Sean Smith sucking dick. Tanne's fault. A completely inept FG kicker. Tanne's fault. Horrible ST coverage on the first kick. Tanne's fault.

All the excuses in the world won't make up for that fact that you don't know a goddamn thing about football.

Last few games they have. I guess it means he will never do better.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Losing patience 10 games into his career does not equal you have patience at all.

They most certainly have NOT! He's regressed severely the past 2 1/2 games. He is showing the same path we've seen before. I used up all my patience defending Henne. I just can't defend Tannehill any longer especially when he hasn't given me any reasons to do so.

I must've missed it, did Tannehill miss the kick in the first game against the Jets? Because he had us in position to win that game.

No, But 10 -15 yards more and Carp makes it. You can't deny that.

Bro, Tannehill is good but, his play has regressed over the last 3 weeks is every major catagory as QB. No denying that either.

Let's get the guy some help at wr,te,ol and see if he is still unable to have a game winning drive

Bro, Tannehill is good but, his play has regressed over the last 3 weeks is every major catagory as QB. No denying that either.
You are correct but when our running game went south it was the start off his decline as well

I think the city of Miami is too stupid to support a successful football team.

Amen.....

some of the fans on these boards make me sad to be associated with them as fins fans.

please, everyone who thinks Tannehill is a "choke artist", do us all a favor and hang yourselves. You think he is what is wrong with this team? Take a long walk off a short pier.

If you all were the GM of the Colts 15 years ago, you would have benched Manning 9 games into his rookie season. You know why? Because you have no perspective. You don't see the glaring holes this team has. You expect a rookie QB to take this talent-deprived team to the superbowl. Are you seriously going to argue that Tannehill is what is wrong with this team? If so, you know nothing about football. You are delusional and should ****ing kill yourselves before someone gets conned into procreating with you plebeians.

Amen.....

some of the fans on these boards make me sad to be associated with them as fins fans.

please, everyone who thinks Tannehill is a "choke artist", do us all a favor and hang yourselves. You think he is what is wrong with this team? Take a long walk off a short pier.

If you all were the GM of the Colts 15 years ago, you would have benched Manning 9 games into his rookie season. You know why? Because you have no perspective. You don't see the glaring holes this team has. You expect a rookie QB to take this talent-deprived team to the superbowl. Are you seriously going to argue that Tannehill is what is wrong with this team? If so, you know nothing about football. You are delusional and should ****ing kill yourselves before someone gets conned into procreating with you plebeians.
So true... The short sightedness and entitlement mentality of these morons...

To say Tannehill has no weapons is a stretch. Hartline may not be an elite #1, but he was 10th in the league in receiving yards going into tonight, and Davone Bess is one of the best slot receivers in the league. Bess in particular made great plays on three of his catches (jumping catch near the sideline, TD, and the catch and run near the end of the game to get out of bounds).

To say Tannehill has no weapons is a stretch. Hartline may not be an elite #1, but he was 10th in the league in receiving yards going into tonight, and Davone Bess is one of the best slot receivers in the league. Bess in particular made great plays on three of his catches (jumping catch near the sideline, TD, and the catch and run near the end of the game to get out of bounds).

Do you watch other football games or just fins games? Hartline is a #3 receiver on most teams. Bess would be mainly just a punt returner/3rd-and-long WR on most teams.

How soon we all forget that we brought freakin Chad Ochostinko into training camp. If that doesnt tell you about our WR depth, I dont know what will.

Don't even get me started on the TE's or the O-line. Oh, wait a second, its all the fault of the rookie QB who everyone (including experts) predicted would take this **** sorry team to the SuperBowl. Wait another second... that was a prediction made by nobody, ever. No one with a knowledge of football, at least.

Dolphins were losing the entire game, most the time thats how it ends, did yall really think we deserved to win this game tonight? Had Tannehill led them to TD drive in the end, it would have been all over ESPN, I think some are expecting him to do too much. Sorry he isnt God.

Dolphins were losing the entire game, most the time thats how it ends, did yall really think we deserved to win this game tonight? Had Tannehill led them to TD drive in the end, it would have been all over ESPN, I think some are expecting him to do too much. Sorry he isnt God.

But, but he has to be God... or else he's... Chad Ryan Henne Leaf.... OH NO!!!!

Carpenter has to make the kick. It's a 45-yarder. It's a kick he's made 1,000 times before, and he's paid over $2 mil per year to make those kinds of kicks. I agree he makes it if he's 15 yards closer, but my point is 45 yards is not an unreasonable distance to expect your kicker to make a big kick. And I won't deny Tannehill has regressed the last couple weeks, no denying it. I just think it's lazy to compare him to Henne. They're different QB's. Tannehill has already shown the ability to do things Henne could NEVER do and never learned to do in 3 seasons (Tannehill throws a great 15-yard out, for example, whereas Henne couldn't make that throw if his life depended on it). I expected regression based on the fact he has very little talent around him, and the fact that rookies typically take a step back at some point (Luck may not, but that dude's on another level completely). People don't wanna hear it- and trust me- it's hard for me to be patient sometimes too after all we've been through with this franchise- but we need to be patient with Tannehill. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Right now, he's playing like ****, but he's shown the talent and intelligence is there.

If Dan Carpenter makes a fg, it completely changes the approach on the last two drives for the fins. Instead of being able to play for a -possible- game winning field goal, we were forced to drive the length of the field TWICE with a suspect offensive line and a horrendously weak WR corp. And, gee.. oh boy, oh boy.... I wonder why he tried to force some throws.

But yeah, you're absolutely right. It's ALL Tannehill's fault... ALL of it. The ****ty refs? Tannehill's fault. 5 defensive penalties from one player. Tanne's fault. Sean Smith sucking dick. Tanne's fault. A completely inept FG kicker. Tanne's fault. Horrible ST coverage on the first kick. Tanne's fault.

All the excuses in the world won't make up for that fact that you don't know a goddamn thing about football.

Look who's talking. Anyone that says the Dolphins OL is suspect is either exaggerating their point, or doesn't know much about football. Teams are playing closer to the line of scrimmage lately. They bump-and-run against the sub-par receivers and stay close to the point of attack. They can rush only 4, yet stop the run and our crappy receivers more easily. A LOT of this is because Tanny can't hit targets down field with accuracy. We had the same problems with Chad Henne. Defenses were respecting the deep ball early on, and as a result our run blocking had more room to operate. As Tanny continues to struggle throwing down field, and defenses learn more of his tendencies, it becomes easier to focus on the run game and dare Tanny to beat the defense deep...he has proven to be ineffective at countering this strategy thus far...and against poor defenses at that. He may improve, I am rooting for that, but as the sample size grows and his performance EBBS...I will grow more and more sure that Hennehill isn't the answer. NO ONE is blaming Ryan for the defensive penalties, or the lack of skill at the offensive skill positions, but his continued poor play late in games, especially the turnovers, is fair game. So far, I gotta say, Doc, I'm not too thrilled with the level of service up to this point.

You are correct but when our running game went south it was the start off his decline as well

Yes, that is true as well but, Tannehill so far is not improvising when things go wrong he just make it worse. See us old-timers seen a QB by the name DAN MARINO who is the GREATEST QB ever to play this phuking game ever. Phuk when are we going to have a precision passer who is not afraid of anything and phuking win in crunch time. So far, Tannehill has not delivered. Therefore, I cannot consider him a Franchise QB. I don't give a phuk about his weapons, YOU DO THE BEST WITH WHAT YOU GOT period. Seriously. Being a fan for over 30 years. I just want us to be a prenennial Super Bowl Contender. Is that so wrong? I know I can't live in the past but, phuk when is it ever going to change for our MIAMI DOLPHINS.

Back
Top Bottom