Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows

The point is that you cant expect ANY Starting QB to be consistent on a 60 yard marker throw. You just cant. Just because you and I have all seen highlights of beautiful bombs for tds doesnt mean that is an expectation from deep throw to deep throw. Tannehill is simply average. He isnt terrible and he isnt the best. I think that the fans' perception is a little off on how good or bad Tannehill is with the deep ball.

Part of the problem is that when a fan watches these huge 55+ throws to Wallace, people just expect that you can be consistently accurate with it. You cant, its not realistic and no QB is expected to be anymore or any less accurate with that particular throw. Hense, the reason why it is such a rare throw.

Tannehill has both an average bomb pass and an average deep ball. There is a difference and it needs to be recognized as such.

To the Bold. He has a better chance of completing 35-50 yard marker balls to the sideline. These crazy play designs A) require a crap O-line to hold up for more than 3 seconds. B) Position Wallace to the sidelines and require him to haul ass from the get go so then when the play is finally developed he is already 35+ yards down field before the ball is released.

Im hoping Lazor either adds stunted routes to Wallaces go routes when running the long extended backfield action. You just cant run that kind of backfield action with wallace running a plain go route.

It's not about precision passing with the deep balls. It's about putting it in the appropriate catching radius and making sure you're anticipating what the receiver is doing. Tanny does not do that very well when it comes to Wallace. The other thing is Wallace doesn't typically extend well for the ball, but Tannehill was so completely off on most of those throws it wouldn't have mattered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanny is our QB, a leader, and plays with a lot of passion. Unfortunately he didn't play all of his college years as a QB. We will see this year if he is able to improve on the long ball, as that is one of his biggest weaknesses.

Wallace doesn't have the frame, hands, or leaping ability of the greats to make up for the missed throws. That video does not show the full story either, plenty more were missed in the season. He smoked revis with safety help in a bucs game where we needed a score. I love Tannehill and trust he can work on his "timing" not his arm strength which is fine. Thats the issue, not his arm muscle. Timing and when to trust your WR to burn the D.

Wow. A lot of excuses for Tannehill. There were a lot of plays where Wallace was Wide Open. Wide Open! Stop it fellas

damn after I watch these they look SO MUCH closer than I remember. Its literally a fraction of a second to early or to late. If I was RT (and im not) I'd just throw that bitch as far as I can, Wallace has the speed to go and get it. Rather over throw than under throw.

I think both share the blame for their chemistry problems. Timing is clearly off. But Wallace is a wuss.

I will never get the image out of my mind of Wallace just standing around as a sack caused a ball to flutter in he air like a pop fly into the waiting arms of Antonio Cromartie. That was the most disturbing lack of heart on the part of a receiver that I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Fitzgerald would have caught at least 75% of those. Wallace needs to watch how true #1 WR's would react to those throws an learn from them.

and Tom Brady would have completed 75% of those to Wallace.

Both share some blame but the bulk is on the QB, missed way too many plays and Wallace made a few outstanding catches on some underthrows or it would have been even worse.

The reason you didn't make the playoffs can be seen in that brief clip.

and Tom Brady would have completed 75% of those to Wallace.

Both share some blame but the bulk is on the QB, missed way too many plays and Wallace made a few outstanding catches on some underthrows or it would have been even worse.

The reason you didn't make the playoffs can be seen in that brief clip.

Shocked-1.gif

Look who showed up in a Tannehill thread....

tom brady overthrew 3 verticals in the playoff loss to the broncos...too bad you couldn't stick to your word and not come back...but your words worthless anyways

tom brady overthrew 3 verticals in the playoff loss to the broncos...too bad you couldn't stick to your word and not come back...but your words worthless anyways

did he have a weapon like Mike Wallace? and let's not forget he's not a young and more athletic version of tom Brady, he's the old, non athletic one so he's handcuffed compared to the greatness of Ryan.

I never made any announcement, said I was thinking of it but I didn't want to rob the board. I'm a man of the people.

Junc blames everything on Tannehill....

Sacks...Tannehill's Fault
Missed deep passes....Tannehill's Fault
Car breaks down....Tannehill's fault

Junc blames everything on Tannehill....

Sacks...Tannehill's Fault
Missed deep passes....Tannehill's Fault
Car breaks down....Tannehill's fault
That's not true but I wont' sit back and let Ryan homers tell me how great he was and how nothing was his fault.

If Ryan played better they easily make the playoffs but they had many more issues than just Ryan.

and again- I am not saying he sucks or won't get better but to see folks absolve him of blame for his mediocre/poor play is comical. he can be a good QB, he wasn't there yet in 2013, at times he was very good but way too inconsistent and was awful w/ the playoffs on the line.

That's not true but I wont' sit back and let Ryan homers tell me how great he was and how nothing was his fault.

If Ryan played better they easily make the playoffs but they had many more issues than just Ryan.

and again- I am not saying he sucks or won't get better but to see folks absolve him of blame for his mediocre/poor play is comical. he can be a good QB, he wasn't there yet in 2013, at times he was very good but way too inconsistent and was awful w/ the playoffs on the line.

This is a good post. Now drop the mic and retire.

Shouldn't Junc be on a Giants or Redskins board right now? You didn't follow the Sanchez train to Philly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom