The Miami Dolphins are looking to replace a quarterback. But it won’t be Ryan Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins are looking to replace a quarterback. But it won’t be Ryan Tannehill

I can think of Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young come to mind. But the other question that also comes to mind is how many times was someone sitting in the wings waiting to be the replacement and then didn't live up to expectations, putting the team into a deep and dark hole (fan not happy, locker room not happy, year or three lost until a real starter was found, etc.)
Rodgers was groomed behind Favre and Young behind Montana. And Young was a starter for Tampa and some USFL team before the 49ers.
As an owner I would see it this way: if Gase wants to put all his eggs into the basket Tannehill - fine. He then has two options. Get a backup. In that case any backup would do. A mediocre veteran playing out his years or a young QB in the later rounds of the draft. If something goes wrong with Tannehill and we are in the same situation like last year then it was Gase's last year with us. It also seems to be stupid to replace the backups if you look for just any ol' backup. Might as well stay with what you have.
The other route is he gets a backup with potential starting quality: a high priced available veteran or a high draft pick. At least that way he has a plan B in case Tannehill does not overcome his injury (mentally or physically) or struggles.

Josh Rosen won't fall past the Giants. The second he came out and said he didn't want to play for Cleveland, I knew exactly what he and his decision-making team had in mind. And who they have already had covert communications with.

If the team is looking to replace Ryan Tannehill, might they say they are looking for a back-up quarterback? That way they can be a little under the radar when talking to all these quarterbacks.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Miami took one of the top four if they fall to #11. Even a trade up to that #4 overall spot is a possibility.

It would be one thing if Tannehill had the one achilles injury, but he has had two.

Facts appear to be your achilles heal.

He had 1 ACL injury, not two achilles injuries.

RT is so tough his ACL refused to tear.

Facts appear to be your achilles heal.

He had 1 ACL injury, not two achilles injuries.

RT is so tough his ACL refused to tear.
I don't buy this. He had 2. If the team say he was cleared to play, and he was, then his injury had healed. Words of the team. And then he injured it again.

I don't buy this. He had 2. If the team say he was cleared to play, and he was, then his injury had healed. Words of the team. And then he injured it again.
It doesnt matter if you consider it 1, or 2 injuries... What matters is that it was repaired once...

It doesnt matter if you consider it 1, or 2 injuries... What matters is that it was repaired once...
Well .. I was quoting someone who told someone else their facts were wrong. I disagree that the facts were wrong.

Also, Tannehill and the Dolphins considered it repaired twice. Surgically, or non-surgically, it's still repaired.

That's Gase's opinion.

If that's the fact, then ... they brought him back to full training while he was suffering from a knee injury.
Dude! you said the Fins and Tannehill view it as 2 injuries
I post a video with Gase crearly saying in a PC that he views it as 1
LOL! And you reply: "Well... Thats Gase's opinion..."?
WTF

Dude! you said the Fins and Tannehill view it as 2 injuries
I post a video with Gase crearly saying in a PC that he views it as 1
LOL! And you reply: "Well... Thats Gase's opinion..."?
WTF
Apologies ... my writing on that wasn't clear. I never meant that they said it was repaired twice - I do get that Gase said it wasn't. I meant, their actions implied they considered it repaired twice, in my opinion.

He had the injury. They brought him back to full training. So, either they considered it fully repaired, or they brought him back injured. Or, if they're now saying they were wrong ... well, they should be firing some medical personnel (maybe they are / have already).

That's Gase's opinion.

If that's the fact, then ... they brought him back to full training while he was suffering from a knee injury.

You claimed that the Dolphins had the opinion that it was two injuries. You were wrong. Man up and admit it.

Apologies ... my writing on that wasn't clear. I never meant that they said it was repaired twice - I do get that Gase said it wasn't. I meant, their actions implied they considered it repaired twice, in my opinion.

He had the injury. They brought him back to full training. So, either they considered it fully repaired, or they brought him back injured. Or, if they're now saying they were wrong ... well, they should be firing some medical personnel (maybe they are / have already).
It's all fine...If you listen to Gase go on, they kind of admit to making a mistake and following bad advice... What really matters anyway is that he went through 1 surgery... that's the bottom line

I'll go one further, I still don't even think Ryan Tannehill tore his ACL.

Doctor's had to tear it for him to repair it......I'd assume.

The analogy is getting a crack in your windshield from a stone that hit it. It is there but not large enough to need a replacement. You continue to drive. Weeks later, you hit a pot hole and the crack extends across the whole windshield. You get it replaced.

Did you repair your windshield twice?
Did you have two cracks in your windshield?

No, you had a single crack that you thought wouldn't get worse and you could drive indefinitely. You were wrong. The original crack got worse.

Cracks don't repair themselves. ACLs don't repair themselves. His ACL has (in fact) has now been replaced, just like the windshield. If it cracks again, it is new damage.

The analogy is getting a crack in your windshield from a stone that hit it. It is there but not large enough to need a replacement. You continue to drive. Weeks later, you hit a pot hole and the crack extends across the whole windshield. You get it replaced.

Did you repair your windshield twice?
Did you have two cracks in your windshield?

No, you had a single crack that you thought wouldn't get worse and you could drive indefinitely. You were wrong. The original crack got worse.

Cracks don't repair themselves. ACLs don't repair themselves. His ACL has (in fact) has now been replaced, just like the windshield. If it cracks again, it is new damage.
Again, that's your opinion. You can't definitively say I'm wrong.
He had an ACL injury, sustained from a hit during a game. Fact? Fact. We can agree on this.

He came back from this injury, according to the Dolphins. Fact? Fact, we can agree on this, as he was taking all the reps in off season and was ready to lead the team.

He then went down again.

In my opinion, this is a new injury, if the Dolphins claim the original injury was fixed. Which they did.

Maybe now they're saying they're wrong, but at the time, their actions said they thought he was fixed, and then he went down again.

Incidentally, do you work in the medical profession? I don't. So, when you tell me that ACL injuries don't repair themselves, I can't disagree with you. Although, I'm guessing the surgeon Tannehill initially went to would disagree, since his suggested treatment was stem cell treatment or whatever it was.

There's not much more point discussing this. It's all semantics. 1 injury, 2 injuries, doesn't matter what we consider it. It's all opinion, based on our interpretation of partial facts.

Back
Top Bottom