The Offensive Tackle Mythology Index | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Offensive Tackle Mythology Index

But he likely won't be because there are only 18 picks before ours. :up:

I also like how you failed to acknowledge anything else I wrote. I VERY clearly, to anybody who can read English, pointed out that Martin has extra value because of his versatility. Unlike you, I would be okay with quite a few directions. You clearly only want offensive line. I think. Hard to tell when you only respond with snide questions.

Looking forward to the next one liner.

I believe that Hickey has somewhat painted himself into a corner on the OL in this draft, due to what was done or, not done in FA. It will be interesting to see if he sticks to what he has said on BPA or, perhaps try to make excuses on reaching on the OL.

I believe that Hickey has somewhat painted himself into a corner on the OL in this draft, due to what was done or, not done in FA. It will be interesting to see if he sticks to what he has said on BPA or, perhaps try to make excuses on reaching on the OL.

If he picks Martin, I won't be upset, I'll just think it was a mediocre team making a mediocre pick. If he reaches for XSF or Moses, on the other hand, :bobdole: .

But he likely won't be because there are only 18 picks before ours. :up:

I also like how you failed to acknowledge anything else I wrote. I VERY clearly, to anybody who can read English, pointed out that Martin has extra value because of his versatility. Unlike you, I would be okay with quite a few directions. You clearly only want offensive line. I think. Hard to tell when you only respond with snide questions.

Looking forward to the next one liner.

I don't clearly want anything. I've never come out and said I want an OL or even an offensive player with our 1st round pick. I just think its funny that you say OT has no value in the first round to us, but then go on to say that if Martin is available, we should draft him.

And regarding my "one liners", most people people would thank you for communicating a simple point with a few sentences rather than a wall of text with redundant and irrelevant info.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

As long as said player improves the team I don't care if it's a "play making" position or OL..

This is the approach any team should be taking. I don't see teams taking OL off their boards for the first round simply because of their position. That's a ridiculous assumption people are making.

One other thing, I like Martin, I wouldn't mind him being the pick, but I hope to god Miami doesn't pick him over a Mosley or Clinton Dix. At least this is my opinion.

I don't clearly want anything. I've never come out and said I want an OL or even an offensive player with our 1st round pick. I just think its funny that you say OT has no value in the first round to us, but then go on to say that if Martin is available, you should raft him.

And regarding my "one liners", most people people would thank you for communicating a simple point with a few sentences rather than a wall of text with redundant and irrelevant info.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

This is the approach any team should be taking. I dont see teams taking OL off their boards for the first round simply because of their position. Thats a ridiculous assumption people are making.

That's what happens when you cut up what I write and misinterpret to fit your agenda. Or maybe you just didn't comprehend all of it. If Martin is the BPA, then yes, take him. At 19, that won't be the case, IMO, because there will be positions of higher value available. If Chris Boswell is the best player available, sure, take him. He won't be though. Does that make sense, or do I need to simplify it further?

OL shouldn't be taken off the board. They should just be further down it.

As for the one liners, you weren't communicating anything. You were asking snide little questions rather than being a man and just stating your disagreement.

That's what happens when you cut up what I write and misinterpret to fit your agenda. Or maybe you just didn't comprehend all of it. If Martin is the BPA, then yes, take him. At 19, that won't be the case, IMO, because there will be positions of higher value available. If Chris Boswell is the best player available, sure, take him. He won't be though. Does that make sense, or do I need to simplify it further?

OL shouldn't be taken off the board. They should just be further down it.

As for the one liners, you weren't communicating anything. You were asking snide little questions rather than being a man and just stating your disagreement.
At least Gonzo isn't mad at me. ****. Canadians are so testy.

This is a strange draft, at least for me, as you cannot really target anyone until we see who is available. I can't recall any other with so much mystery surrounding it. There is a fair chance that we could go anywhere among 6 different positions.

Sounds like vBookie should be putting up some odds to make it even more interesting.

Man you are in complete denial....I didn't cut up any of your contradictory ideas. In case you forgot:

In case you couldn't tell (and it's hard to tell with only one liner responses), I'm not Spesh. I do agree that there is no value in the Dolphins taking an OT at 19 or moving up to take one.

Of course, if Martin is the BPA, you take him.

You said OT has "no value" to Miami at pick 19, but yet you are ok with taking an OT at 19 if he is BPA. You are making so much sense right now. I'm not really in the mood to discuss this if you are just going to deny everything you say like a 4 year old kid.

Just guessing that it may make a difference if you actually posted something, other that bringing Canada into this, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Just guessing that it may make a difference if you actually posted something, other that bringing Canada into this, which makes no sense whatsoever.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Please leave the signifigant meaning to the adults that are talking in the room.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Please leave the significant meaning to the adults that are talking in the room.

Yeah right, you post nothing on our team but, we should all take your super secret decoder stuff as a "significant" post. Are you hitting the brew a little early? lol

Man you are in complete denial....I didn't cut up any of your contradictory ideas. In case you forgot:

You said OT has "no value" to Miami at pick 19, but yet you are ok with taking an OT at 19 if he is BPA. You are making so much sense right now. I'm not really in the mood to discuss this if you are just going to deny everything you say like a 4 year old kid.

You clearly aren't comprehending what you are reading. Sorry, but I don't think I can dumb it down any further. You are leaving out important parts which take my quotes completely out of context.

Martin has no value to Miami AT 19 because there are going to be better players available at the spot. Are there more than 18 spots before 19 in the world of Zounds in which the players I feel have more value might be taken, leaving Martin as the best available at that spot? I know a lot of people thing the Pats cheat, so did they somehow land picks 12.5, 13.5, and 14.5?

I'll reiterate (praying for comprehension this time), I won't be upset if we choose Martin, I'll just believe we passed up on better players to do so. Continued mediocrity, if you will. That's not saying Martin is bad at his job. That's also not value because you passed up on better players. I think you are mistakingly equating "value" with "talent" or misinterpreting me as saying that Martin won't improve our team in anyway. They aren't the same thing. Martin is talented and will probably be good at his job in the NFL. That doesn't mean he's the best value at 19 and there are players that I believe can help this team more.

How pissed are you going to be if Martin is on the board and we go a different direction? Is there anybody you would take over Martin at 19 that isn't a lineman? Who would you go with if Martin and IncogLewan are off the board? Let's get your views instead of taking me out of context, misinterpreting, and taking weak little potshots. I promise I won't chop what you write and misinterpret it, even if I disagree with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

:lol: :hi5:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

It's cool, he's just joking around man.

the thought that an offensive tackle doesnt validate a top 20 pick especially coming after a season where we gave up 58 sacks had on their last leg tackles carrying us thru the meat of our schedule and guys who couldn't get to things in space any longer and no depth behind them even and on top of it all there are offensive tackles that carry top 20 worthy bpa grades as prospects period is assanine...

plain assanine...

Back
Top Bottom