The Offensive Tackle Mythology Index | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Offensive Tackle Mythology Index

Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
Just guessing that it may make a difference if you actually posted something, other that bringing Canada into this, which makes no sense whatsoever.

It's cool, he's just joking around man.

I'm sure that's true but, he has been a pain in taking shots at what I post, and have not seen anything worthwhile from him of late on anything team related. I sometimes grow tired of it, and take a few shots back. All in fun. lol

You clearly aren't comprehending what you are reading.

Oh I'm comprehending it, its just that its a load of horse****. There' not a front office exec in the NFL (or CFL) that could get behind that logic.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

the thought that an offensive tackle doesnt validate a top 20 pick especially coming after a season where we gave up 58 sacks had on their last leg tackles carrying us thru the meat of our schedule and guys who couldn't get to things in space any longer and no depth behind them even and on top of it all there are offensive tackles that carry top 20 worthy bpa grades as prospects period is assanine...

plain assanine...

Post of the month right here.

Oh I'm comprehending it, its just that its a load of horse****. There' not a front office exec in the NFL (or CFL) that could get behind that logic.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Post of the month right here.

You're not comprehending anything. It's okay. Some people need things to be as simple as possible. Me want cornfed. Me no like not drafting cornfed only. Me think OT most important position in football.

Answer the questions. Or are you incapable of giving your views and only interested in misinterpreting others'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the thought that an offensive tackle doesnt validate a top 20 pick especially coming after a season where we gave up 58 sacks had on their last leg tackles carrying us thru the meat of our schedule and guys who couldn't get to things in space any longer and no depth behind them even and on top of it all there are offensive tackles that carry top 20 worthy bpa grades as prospects period is assanine...

plain assanine...

We didn't give up 58 sacks because we were missing one offensive lineman. Therefore it's asinine to think one offensive lineman will fix it.

It's a volume position requiring a volume approach.

We didn't give up 58 sacks because we were missing one offensive lineman. Therefore it's asinine to think one offensive lineman will fix it.

WR is a "volume" position, as well as DL, secondary, and LB...but that does't mean they are valued less individually. The whole idea that an OT is not worthy of a 1st round pick is ridiculous. Look around the league and add up how many OT are 1st rounders.

Just a quick flashback to last years draft. When it was announced Miami was moving up most everyone assumed it was to get one of the top tackles. This after a deal with the KC for Albert (2nd round pick) did not materialize. Most everyone was uncomfortable with Martin as our left tackle after not resigning Long. It's was time for Jake to move on but confidence that Martin could handle it was low.
If we would have gone the cornfed route either through the trade or using the # 3 pick for a tackle would the team have been better ?
Would we have given up almost 60 sacks ?
Would Martin have buckled and quit leading to the bullygate BS if he stayed at right tackle ?
Would Ryan have had a better year behind that line ?

Who knows. But that was one year where going cornfed probably would have lead to better results.

You're not comprehending anything. It's okay. Some people need things to be as simple as possible. Me want cornfed. Me no like not drafting cornfed only. Me think OT most important position in football.

Answer the questions. Or are you incapable of giving your views and only interested in misinterpreting others'?

Talk about misrepresenting other peoples views.....if you want to pretend like posters here are some kind of neanderthal speaking half wit, look no further than yourself. Who did you blow to be a mod anyway? Arent mods at least supposed to be somewhat respectable posters?

Yeah right, you post nothing on our team but, we should all take your super secret decoder stuff as a "significant" post. Are you hitting the brew a little early? lol
You post nonsense. I'll post something when I have something meaningful to post.

Literally, your posts are nonsensical drivel.

That's what happens when you cut up what I write and misinterpret to fit your agenda. Or maybe you just didn't comprehend all of it. If Martin is the BPA, then yes, take him. At 19, that won't be the case, IMO, because there will be positions of higher value available. If Chris Boswell is the best player available, sure, take him. He won't be though. Does that make sense, or do I need to simplify it further?

OL shouldn't be taken off the board. They should just be further down it.

As for the one liners, you weren't communicating anything. You were asking snide little questions rather than being a man and just stating your disagreement.

[video=youtube;p0qcXjMQyWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qcXjMQyWk[/video]

Just a quick flashback to last years draft. When it was announced Miami was moving up most everyone assumed it was to get one of the top tackles. This after a deal with the KC for Albert (2nd round pick) did not materialize. Most everyone was uncomfortable with Martin as our left tackle after not resigning Long. It's was time for Jake to move on but confidence that Martin could handle it was low.
If we would have gone the cornfed route either through the trade or using the # 3 pick for a tackle would the team have been better ?
Would we have given up almost 60 sacks ?
Would Martin have buckled and quit leading to the bullygate BS if he stayed at right tackle ?
Would Ryan have had a better year behind that line ?

Who knows. But that was one year where going cornfed probably would have lead to better results.

In hindsight we probably should have ponied up for Jake Long and drafted Terron Armstead.

Talk about misrepresenting other peoples views.....if you want to pretend like posters here are some kind of neanderthal speaking half wit, look no further than yourself. Who did you blow to be a mod anyway? Arent mods at least supposed to be somewhat respectable posters?

Yeah, I didn't think you'd answer the questions. Keep focusing on me personally. I don't blame you. I'm pretty ****ing awesome.

... Some people need things to be as simple as possible. Me want cornfed. Me no like not drafting cornfed only. Me think OT most important position in football.

Hey! I represent that! ;-)

Speaking of needing things simple as possible. I am like that, so to help me understand how the OT's compared based on their combine numbers, I created a chart. I used nfl.com for the data. For the metrics on the right side of the table, I used the web site below as a guide. In the chart, the color scales, on the combine times, represent how the players compare to each other. With the metrics, for ease of comparison, I added a green background to scores meeting or exceeding the target number listed for each metric. Naturally, there is a lot more than a players measurables that go into the evaluation, but I thought it would be interesting to see how they stack up athletically never-the-less.

As for whether we should pick an OT in the 1st or wait until later in the draft, I don't have a clue. I guess it really depends on the talent level of our evaluators. We did pretty good with Pouncey, in the 1st, yet we may have a bust on our hands with Thomas, who we took in the 3rd. Jimmy Johnson had a knack for finding OL talent late in the draft, but do we? If we have doubts, then we probably should play it safe and draft one in the 1st and maybe another in the 3rd.

P.S. I hope this adds to the thread. I didn't want to start a new one just for a chart.

Steve

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/2/24/4022350/2013-combine-tale-of-the-tape-for-o-line-making-sense-of-the-numbers

84296b946b174399abfa3e9e5b749d14-1.png

no you didn't...and sure it needs volume hell it needs a complete do over pretty much...why not since you didnt do it in free agency get you some of the highest rated draft prospects to try and right the ship with long term difference makers...or hell even solid will do compared to the crap i watched butcher the positions up front this last season...

instead of hoping some 5th round guy who usually barely even makes a roster let alone plays is the smart approach...the bottom line is a bpa is a bpa and if you happen to have a massive need and a bpa to try and fill it with well then run the card up...provided the grades are equal...

of course it's gonna take someone making the decisions knowing what the f they are doing...and well it's hard to find people that can even tell you what they are looking at right around here let alone pick talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is just pure bull **** by the way...the neanderthals around this board are the ones that don't even realize you didn't make the postseason in 2013 cause your oline sucked donkey nuts...

duh

that said i'd love to be able to draft skill position best player talent every year...but you can blame ireland and the scouting dept and personnel evaluators who brought in trash and drafted trash for as long as i can remember pretty much for that...

Back
Top Bottom