The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender

Canada on strike!

What exactly does Canada want?

More money!

Money from where ?

Just more money. Canada doesn't get enough money!

Basically just replace Canada with Damian

https://youtu.be/RcU2QH7-Jj0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Divert the 1.8 million to Landry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much more is he holding out for anyone know?

This is the kind of situation where if you can throw in a little sweetener to get the guy in camp and ready to go, you do it.

Williams was actually a pretty good weapon in the red zone in 2016.

A coupon to Auto Bell maybe? The contract is signed, nobody wants him. Why would you spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars more. For a smile on his face? That'll be a terrible precedent to set as everybody would be sitting out for more money.

He is a 3rd down RB. Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL. He should sign, invest his money, and be happy for the chance to put together some tape when his contract expires.

SMH. You have to know when you have leverage in situations like this.
Q1prBL.gif

That says it all!! Kenyan is a way better player with a higher ceiling.

Has everything on Damien but power.

Damien is a good player that I would love to keep around but whatever.

Our 3rd Rb and RBs in general are the least of our worries lol just sign the damn tender

My perspective of this is his agent just giving him the wrong advice. He wants to get paid but has no leverage to do that. They are at this point over estimating his value considering where he may end up on the depth chart. On top of that there will not be a large market in FA for most teams are looking for replacements or stop gaps. Very rare to hand out large contracts after the draft. Him and his agent need to settle down and get him in camp because they are way over valuing him

There isn't much of a market for a RB with no vision or burst between the tackles, and consistently averages 3.* yds per carry.

Damien Williams, RB:

2014: 3.4 yds/carry

2015: 3.7 yds/carry

2016: 3.3 yds/carry

Career: 3.4 yds/carry

Damien Williams has good hands and good straightline speed.

But he went undrafted because he had no vision or burst between the tackles, and that problem has persisted in the NFL.

"..Runs with blinders and misses holes. Not explosive to and through the hole.."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/damien-williams?id=2543633

The bottom line is that he'll always be a niche player, and he should just be glad to get paid $1.8 million.

Our 3rd Rb and RBs in general are the least of our worries lol just sign the damn tender

Drakes issues are injuries and if Ajayi goes down (which can happen with any player) then we are going to need someone other than Drake cause his body can't take the pounding of a starter. He was a backup at Alabama for just that reason

I would only add the Damien Williams is a much better 3rd down back in pass protection. Not that he is perfect but he is pretty apt at picking up a blitz.

What isn't stated in the excerpts from the article is that DW has *already* gotten a bump from the Fins beyond what they should have owed him.

He/his agent is being stupid, much like most of the decisions he has made bringing the ball out from deep in the endzone on a kickoff.

Dumb.

Damien - get paid, kick ass, get paid even more next year.

This is absolutely a win-win.

Win #1: make $1.8 million. Get limited snaps. Stay healthier for that reason

Win #2: Someone in front of you gets dinged up. Get a chance to show what you've got. Get more money next year.

What isn't stated in the excerpts from the article is that DW has *already* gotten a bump from the Fins beyond what they should have owed him.

He/his agent is being stupid, much like most of the decisions he has made bringing the ball out from deep in the endzone on a kickoff.

Dumb.

Damien - get paid, kick ass, get paid even more next year.

Nah I believe the 1.8 is the OR tender that all RFAs are being dealt if they aren't given first or second round offers. Michael Thomas got the exact same tender.

But that 1.8 is like triple what he made last season, so he certainly got a raise. I can understand being disappointed in not receiving any offers but now that time is up it is time to sign that tender and get to work.

Personally, and I have said this before, he is officially the highest paid RB on the team. 1. That is ridiculous 2. It shows you just how replaceable 3rd string RBs are. Truthfully not in love with 1.8 but I understand it but honestly I would be tempted to pull the offer I could.

Smarten up Damian

Idk im on Damiens side on this one. He just saw gillislee get double what he's lookin at as far as a contract. I think he does have a legitimate reason why he's not signing but at this point it's either take the 1.8 Miami is offering or sit out.

Everyone's situation is different and you can't always compare yourself to others. Well you can, but it may not be in your best interest. The Pats brought them both in and chose Gillislee.....a guy who averaged over 5.5/carry the last 2 years compared to Williams' 3.5 or so. The demand from others isn't there. Even guys like Peterson and Charles had trouble getting the interest they wanted. Blount is still out there.

On this roster, Williams is 3rd string....and still the highest paid back. He needs to understand that. If he wants to increase his value, come in, put in work, handle your role on this team again and hit the FA market when your contract is up. Otherwise, you look bad right now over-valuing yourself on a team and in a market that doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom