The TExas HOLDem Poker Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The TExas HOLDem Poker Thread

Section126 said:
:lol:

You got that from watching one hand?

These events you see on TV show maybe what? 22 hands? You do know that these shows are edited and don't show all of the hands right?

No, not from just watching one hand, it's from watching him everytime he's on TV. And yeah, I know they don't show every hand. I know you're not going to believe if I'm talking bad about your boy, but next time you see him on TV and he's got a hand, watch him. I'll lay you 4 to 1 odds that both his elbows go to the table and he leans in on his hands...

Section126 said:
The best player in the world is Phil Ivey, and it's not close. Daniel doesn't play that much in the big game anymore and has never played in the big game as much as Phil Ivey has. Phil Ivey has been a winner in that game for every year he has played in it, his tournamnet results are spectacular, and he never tilts. phil Ivey is tops right now.

I'm not knocking Ivey's talent, I'm just saying I think Negreanu is the best in the world right now. Ivey isn't far behind him at all. They both make great read and almost never go on tilt. No one is immune to getting even a little rattled, no one...

AggieFin21 said:
No, not from just watching one hand, it's from watching him everytime he's on TV. And yeah, I know they don't show every hand. I know you're not going to believe if I'm talking bad about your boy, but next time you see him on TV and he's got a hand, watch him. I'll lay you 4 to 1 odds that both his elbows go to the table and he leans in on his hands...
QUOTE]

I saw him do the same exact thing with a stone cold bluff against Ivey in the Pot Limit Omaha final table at the WSOP this year.

Trust me when I tell you that he is giving off false tells and reverse tells.

You don't win as many tournaments as he has by being a tell bag.

Section126 said:
I saw him do the same exact thing with a stone cold bluff against Ivey in the Pot Limit Omaha final table at the WSOP this year.

Trust me when I tell you that he is giving off false tells and reverse tells.

You don't win as many tournaments as he has by being a tell bag.

I'm not calling him a "tell bag" and yes, he's definitely a top 10 player, no doubt about it. All I'm saying is that in the big games against the top pros, he tends to fade off a bit. But then again, if you put yourself on tilt as much as he does, how couldn't you? :lol:

Doyle Brunson is the greatest living player.

Roman529 said:

I completely agree with you, if we're talking entire playing career. He's my favorite player of all time and in my eyes no one has or ever will come close to doing what he has done for the game of poker. I also still think he is one of the top 5 or 6 players playing right now, even at his age.

Roman529 said:

I vote Johnny Chan.. This guy doesn't get enough respect.. He has won just as many main events as Brunson and has 10 bracelets.. Difference is Chan won the event with 3X-5X as many people in the main event as when Brunson did (34, 22).. Chan almost won 3 in a row finishing runner up to Hellmuth in 89'.. If Chan focused entirely on poker and not business, there is no doubt in my mind he is the top player living..

GreenMonster said:
I vote Johnny Chan.. This guy doesn't get enough respect.. He has won just as many main events as Brunson and has 10 bracelets.. Difference is Chan won the event with 3X-5X as many people in the main event as when Brunson did (34, 22).. Chan almost won 3 in a row finishing runner up to Hellmuth in 89'.. If Chan focused entirely on poker and not business, there is no doubt in my mind he is the top player living..

Excellent arguement sir. Chan is my second favorite player and also a top 5 player overall....

dominizzo said:
Johnny Chan is better than Brunson Hands down

There are a lot of players that are better than Brunson now, I'll not argue that. But the fact that Doyle Brunson, now pushing 80 years old, is still playing in the biggest games in the world, and doing very well, cannot be over looked. The man defines the term 'living legend'.

All time legends : Stu Ungar and Doyle Brunson.
Current best: Phil Ivey and Chris Ferguson.

lets get a game goin guys... we should all pick a site to play at and see if we can get a weekly sit-and-go..

It won't last too long and we can make the buy-in at like 5-10 bucks just for ****s and giggles

FiN.in.RI said:
lets get a game goin guys... we should all pick a site to play at and see if we can get a weekly sit-and-go..

It won't last too long and we can make the buy-in at like 5-10 bucks just for ****s and giggles

I will set it up, what sites are best for you guys..

Pink_Dove said:
All time legends : Stu Ungar and Doyle Brunson.
Current best: Phil Ivey and Chris Ferguson.

Chris Ferguson is one of the better NL Tourney players, but from from a top 10 poker player in the world.. Poker is more than just Holdem and the small cash games and tourneys they have on TV.. Ivey is no doubt a stud in any game..

Back
Top Bottom