Threw down 2,500 on the over 7.5 wins! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Threw down 2,500 on the over 7.5 wins!

Hope OP didn't go out and buy a jetski or some other white trash toy on loan back when his bet was looking good around the time before the Indy game. At least it sounds like he's learned his lesson.

But you gotta bet a long shot now and again if so it might as well be a team from the heart.

Absolutely. I wish I would have done the same. Then these games would REALLY mean something

To the OP......I would've done the same thing and would have if our government hadn't shut down Netteller...GL

Hope OP didn't go out and buy a jetski or some other white trash toy on loan back when his bet was looking good around the time before the Indy game. At least it sounds like he's learned his lesson.

Since when is a jetski a white trash toy? A tractor, yes? Tricked out lawnmower? Absolutely but a jetski? I don't think so

I bet Dolphins over 6.5 before the season. Not sure where 7.5 came from. Doesn't look good.

I think the fins will beat the Jags and Bills putting us at 7-8 going into fboro. You never know :up:

So you say there is a chance?

Theoretically about 15-18%. Miami is a 10.5 to 11 point underdog in the early going. That normally aligns to a money line in the -650 +450 range, so cut the difference to +550 man-to-man number.

In betting on these over/unders, the late scheduling can be pivotal. It's one of the reasons my friends and I liked Cleveland under 6, that they closed with two roadies at Denver and Pittsburgh. That provides flexibility. Cleveland was unlikely to be favored on the road in those games. You can hedge, or partially hedge, the bet by taking Cleveland in the finale without being forced to give a big price. In the Dolphins' case, taking New England as a hedge doesn't make sense because you're forced to give 1/6 or 1/7 odds on the Patriots winning outright.

Everybody was worried about Pittsburgh today in regard to the Dolphins' minuscule playoff opportunity. Meanwhile, I had a much greater stake in the Steelers. I needed them to be motivated next week hosting Cleveland. Now who knows if they'll show up, in an unfamiliar role already eliminated from the playoffs? It could easily be a Browns victory as simply the more motivated team. At least my friends and I are free rolling...win or push.

The potentially devastating aspect of the Dolphin wager, of course, is the number closed at 6.5. This bet should already have been won. It dropped during the horrible preseason, and with the prospect of starting a rookie quarterback. I think I emphasized from the outset of the thread that there wasn't urgency to play Miami over 7.5. The big money guys who move the odds were leaning in the other direction.

Still, I'll root it in. Good luck.

It's tough. It's really tough being that I wasn't in the financial situation to make the bet I made. I will come out of this with a stronger family. I almost lost my family for something so stupid, and I had to claw and fight to keep things okay. This is a lesson learned and I won't be taking risks like this anymore. Every day is another chance to turn it all around.

This is terrible to hear. It's good you learned a lesson but it shouldn't have to come at such potentially devastating cost. I'm glad to hear it didn't snow you completely under. Normally when it doesn't matter I hope for certain players to do well but the team to lose (especially against non-divisional opponents), but given this post I will now be rooting for the Dolphins to win in every respect, not just because I don't like the Patriots.

Good luck, and a sort of thanks for uncomplicating the last week of the season for me.

How smart is Vegas setting it at 7.5? Unreal. They know all.

I don't have the betting acumen of Awsi, but I learned a long time ago to never underestimate Vegas.

This why I do not bet...lol.

The Pats are going to be one angry team next week and will be fired up. Once again, Vegas knows. All the people that have the Fins as "over" are hoping for that check....not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom