Threw down 2,500 on the over 7.5 wins! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Threw down 2,500 on the over 7.5 wins!

Things are looking pretty good at the moment guys. Those two overtime losses really hurt. Won't ever do anything like this again. I can't.

We just need to go 5-5 in the last ten games to get you your 8 wins.

@ Jets
@ Indy
Tenn
@Buffalo
Seattle
New England
@ San Fran
Jacksonville
Buffalo
@ New England

Is it really hindsight when he himself predicted between 7 and 9 wins before the first game?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes, because he said "between 7 and 9" which is a pretty damn broad spectrum. If it was a lock, by not 8-9 then?

Let's see, you made THREE. Count it THREE predictions. From 7 wins, to 9 wins, to 11 wins. Man, you must be a great guy to form a contract with! Second, as far as you being RIGHT ALL THE TIME, I have to laugh. Hummm who was it that said "TANNEBUST" after the first game. Who was it that adamantly said RG3 was going to be a huge waste and not worth a 7th round pick... hummm..

Surely it's not the guy who is ripping on CK for questioning bringing in Reggie Bush, right? Nah no way it'd be that guy

Yes, because he said "between 7 and 9" which is a pretty damn broad spectrum. If it was a lock, by not 8-9 then?

Not a gambler are you? Do you understand what the 7.5 over/under means? Here, I'll break it down for you in the simplest terms. It means that he wins with anything over 7.5 wins. Now, granted, there is no .5, so it's 8 wins or more to win, 7 wins to lose. Now, I bolded the most important part in that sentence. In order to win, the Phins have to have between 8 and 16 wins on the season. I know, shockingly broad range there, though, granted, not nearly as large as that between 7 and 9. So, long story short, though it's already long, if it's 7.5 and you are sure that they will win between 7-9, then that could be considered a "lock" bet, particularly when they are 3-3, which is when he made the "lock bet" statement.

Of course, it's all in the eye of the beholder as to what constitutes a "lock." If I was into betting futures and I was sure the team could win between 7-9, I'd take the over on the 7.5 without a second thought. In your case, you're just nitpicking because you don't like the poster that wrote it.

Is there hope for me?

Be nervous. You definately need wins over the Bills and Jags at home. If we dont win this week, you may have to hope the Pats are locked into a seed the final week and rest Brady for the 2nd half of that last game.

If we finish 7-9, you may turn into a Ray Finkle type wanting to murder Crapenter for those misses in the Jests game.

3 of 5 is possible. This NE game is so huge for your chances. I'm rootin for ya. You never know at the end of the year, we may catch a break with a team resting starters.

Of course, it's all in the eye of the beholder as to what constitutes a "lock." If I was into betting futures and I was sure the team could win between 7-9, I'd take the over on the 7.5 without a second thought. In your case, you're just nitpicking because you don't like the poster that wrote it.

A "lock" is a sure thing, Gonzo. Same thing as a guarantee. But you knew that, you're the gambling expert who so eloquently (and politely) described it in such a simple way for my tiny brain to understand. Thank you!

Also, just for your information, a tie is not .5. Figured I'd be helpful too :) Also, that's not "nitpicking". Not at all. You may as well call it a strawman, because that makes just as much sense. It's in my nature to be over analytical, so I apologize in advance.

CKParrot hit the nail on the head, but I think the point flew right over, but none of that matters now. We just have to hope that not only does this guy get his $2500, but he also gets to watch Miami fight for playoff life.

The Dolphins blew several very winnable games, so yeah, you should be real nervous.

Is there hope for me?

Isn't anticipation awesome. Two missed kicks from sittin' pretty. Two wins away from sittin' pretty. If they take this game this weekend against the Pats your odds to win are high, if they don't you lose. It is almost that simple.

if it were me that made the bet, I'd have Fu**** the dolphins completly over as they would go 1-4 to finish the season. This is why I dont gamble anymore, expecially on sports. But good luck man...

7.5 wins for us at this point...
Man you crazy Simon!

Back
Top Bottom