With the 12th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select........ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 12th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select........

Assuming we have signed Long, Winston, Volmer, somebody to fill the OL hole I think we go for the best CBs/LBs on the board for the first three rounds and that begins at the #12 pick. We have holes at CB that FA will not address. We are still very thin at LB if injuries come.

I understand the excitement about Austin and Lacy but in my opinion those types of players come along fairly regularly and fixing CB like we tried to with Davis/Smith would have a huge impact on the franchise for years.

My three preferences for the 12th pick would be Rhodes, Cooper or Eifert. I think the team is comfortable with Odrick at de, but will draft someone to add to the rotation as a pass rusher in the second or third round.

As far as all the love for Austin is concerned, I think Wheaton in the second or third would be a better option than spending the 12th pick on Austin.

1. Rhodes, cb 2a. Ertz, te 2b. Wheaton, wr 3a. Lemoniere, de 3b. Michael, rb

Rhodes. CB's our biggest need and I think we'll draft a few.

Yep, I am also leaning towards Xavier Rhodes at #12. He is a Miami native so he should love playing at home. He has good size and speed and should be able to stick with most team's #1 WR. He is a way better tackler than Sean Smith and can make picks. I don't think Milliner will still be on the board at #12, but he would also be able to start right away at CB, if he drops to #12. Then we can focus on a DE, TE and other needs.

I totally agree with this!!!

Tavon Austin....he could be used like Randall Cobb in this offense, out of the backfield, slot, and out wide as well.

Milner will be gone,th d.ends all come with ? marks either health concerns.learning curve ,boom or bust potential.Why not grab Eifert plug him in gives R.T. a best friend for 10 yrs is by far highest rated at position why take 2nd 3rd or even 4th highest rated cb? Draft is deep at cb get one in late 2 or 3rd

The are so many options right now @ 12. All of which depend on what happens with Long, Bess and other moves in F/A before the draft.

Patterson or Eifert. They can get corners later. It's a passing league and the Dolphins are way behind on that. It's past time that they catch up.

There are so many good options, they'll have to put effort into ****ing it up.

The playoffs made it abundantly clear that to win in the playoffs you need a high scoring offense. Even in the Super Bowl of two supposedly defensive teams, it was a shootout. Given this, and the fact we need weapons for our young promising QB, I can't see how we stay at #12 and draft a CB. Guys like Milliner and Rhodes are good players, no doubt, but if we go defense I can't justify a DB.

Given the lack of FA interest in pass rushers, I think we're seeing a seminal change in the NFL. Faster LB's (like Wheeler) are very useful agaisnt running QB's and offenses that utilize their TE's a lot. Run-first offenses are rare, so the big run stuffing ILB's aren't in high demand. Along the defensive line, we need size and strength to occupy OL and keep the LB's clean, and enough speed on the edge to contain, set the edge, and smother option plays. But, we added just that to our LB corps already, so I don't see a LB, even someone like Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones, being the pick. Both great players and worthy of the spot, but the game is changing and they don't improve our team enough for #12.

So, the more I look at it, things get clearer. The real quality position on offense is LT, but I suspect all 3 of Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson will be gone before we pick, possibly by #7. No other OL guys are worthy of #12, no, not even Cooper or Warmack. We have a QB. RB by committee and short shelf life have made RB's in the first round luxury picks, so that's out at #12. If we stay where we are, I could see us taking a WR or even Eifert, but we would much prefer to trade back. Ideally, we could trade #12 and #42 for the Vikings #23 and #25. That's 9 slots down in the first and 17 slots up from the second to the first, so we might need to give a little more to entice the Vikings. But, it would put us in position to take a TE like Eifert/Ertz and a good CB/DE/WR as well.

Option 1, trade down to later in the first round.

Option 2, draft a TE/WR.

Option 3, draft a pass rusher.

I'd go with Eifert. The offense has every type of receiver now except for the tall guy who can threaten down the middle and be an end zone threat. He would also provide 2 TE set flexibility with Keller a la Gronkowski and Hernandez.

The playoffs made it abundantly clear that to win in the playoffs you need a high scoring offense. Even in the Super Bowl of two supposedly defensive teams, it was a shootout. Given this, and the fact we need weapons for our young promising QB, I can't see how we stay at #12 and draft a CB. Guys like Milliner and Rhodes are good players, no doubt, but if we go defense I can't justify a DB.

Given the lack of FA interest in pass rushers, I think we're seeing a seminal change in the NFL. Faster LB's (like Wheeler) are very useful agaisnt running QB's and offenses that utilize their TE's a lot. Run-first offenses are rare, so the big run stuffing ILB's aren't in high demand. Along the defensive line, we need size and strength to occupy OL and keep the LB's clean, and enough speed on the edge to contain, set the edge, and smother option plays. But, we added just that to our LB corps already, so I don't see a LB, even someone like Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones, being the pick. Both great players and worthy of the spot, but the game is changing and they don't improve our team enough for #12.

So, the more I look at it, things get clearer. The real quality position on offense is LT, but I suspect all 3 of Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson will be gone before we pick, possibly by #7. No other OL guys are worthy of #12, no, not even Cooper or Warmack. We have a QB. RB by committee and short shelf life have made RB's in the first round luxury picks, so that's out at #12. If we stay where we are, I could see us taking a WR or even Eifert, but we would much prefer to trade back. Ideally, we could trade #12 and #42 for the Vikings #23 and #25. That's 9 slots down in the first and 17 slots up from the second to the first, so we might need to give a little more to entice the Vikings. But, it would put us in position to take a TE like Eifert/Ertz and a good CB/DE/WR as well.

Option 1, trade down to later in the first round.

Option 2, draft a TE/WR.

Option 3, draft a pass rusher.

Excellent points -> but I still can justify a DB with the #12 considering the cupboard is bare there

Back
Top Bottom