2015 Pro Days | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

Tony Pauline reporting Paul Dawson was in the mid 4.7s today (4.72-4.78) is the range he has heard. Thats more in line with what you see on tape. 4.7 with maybe the best instincts in the class (along with Kendricks) is plenty fast enough. Character issues and what not are concerning though. I think he's a better fit at WLB personally and I doubt he's someone we are overly interested in…but I think for another team he's going to be a good player if he can get his act together.

Gil Brandt reporting Dawson improved his 40 time.

Gil Brandt ✔ @Gil_Brandt
LB Paul Dawson timed from 4.78 to 4.82 in 40 at TCU's pro day, improving on combine time (4.93); obviously, a big help for him.

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 1h 1 hour ago
TCU LB Paul Dawson weighed 230. He ran 4.82 and 4.77 with 30-inch vertical. Scouts said his position drills were better than at combine.

Dawson had a lot of admirers at his pro day.

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 4h 4 hours ago
Will McClay and Marc Colombo also are on hand at TCU's Pro Day. Vikings LBs coach Adam Zimmer is here too.

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 4h 4 hours ago
Cowboys LBs coach Matt Eberflus is also at TCU's Pro Day. Big contingent watching Paul Dawson.

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 2h 2 hours ago
Rams are taking Paul Dawson upstairs to meet.

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 1h 1 hour ago
Paul Dawson is headed to a meeting with the Saints. Assistant Joe Vitt is at TCU.

Gil Brandt reporting Dawson improved his 40 time.

Dawson had a lot of admirers at his pro day.

glad to see these improvements and comments..... now I dont mean to really bring this up now after you just showed Paul Dawson pro day comments... but I am curious does anyone really give bad words, bad showings in any of the pro days really to these top kids? i havent seen or heard one negative moment to anyones.

glad to see these improvements and comments..... now I dont mean to really bring this up now after you just showed Paul Dawson pro day comments... but I am curious does anyone really give bad words, bad showings in any of the pro days really to these top kids? i havent seen or heard one negative moment to anyones.

I posted Bucky Brooks' comments on DGB's pro day. Mostly critical of his route running but still gushing over him.

Gil Brandt has only made a negative comment on one player and I can't remember who it was but if Brandt gives you a negative review you really, really sucked big time cause he never says a bad thing about any player.

Jeremiah and Mayock didn't have good reviews on Mariota's pro day or Shane Ray's pro day. That's all I remember so far this year.

I will say that while Dawson improved those numbers still aren't great. There's just not much athlete there in Dawson but he makes up for it with ridiculous instincts. I'm just not sure that's enough for the NFL.

I posted Bucky Brooks' comments on DGB's pro day. Mostly critical of his route running but still gushing over him.

Gil Brandt has only made a negative comment on one player and I can't remember who it was but if Brandt gives you a negative review you really, really sucked big time cause he never says a bad thing about any player.

Jeremiah and Mayock didn't have good reviews on Mariota's pro day or Shane Ray's pro day. That's all I remember so far this year.

I will say that while Dawson improved those numbers still aren't great. There's just not much athlete there in Dawson but he makes up for it with ridiculous instincts. I'm just not sure that's enough for the NFL.

ight... yeah thanks. i do remember the DGB comments now that you said that. i guess usually mostly positive stuff though.... thanks!!!

and i agree on Dawson... just bad vibes once again i get from him. it can worry you to fully invest in him.

Dolphins to meet with Jake Ryan.

I guess there looking to find the elusive Jason Trusnik Replacement..

“@TonyPauline: Interesting Note: Miami Dolphins met with Zach Vigil/LB/Utah State yesterday prior to the Utah pro-day.  Looking hard at MLB's...”

Last edited by a moderator:

Aren't great is being pretty kind, but I agree completely. On D, especially, it's hard to make up for a significant lack of athleticism and size the way Dawson will have to. I thought Jarvis Jones could do it, but that's looking unlikely. Didn't like Jones initially, but the more I watched and saw how good he was at the little things, the more I thought he was skilled enough to overcome his athletic deficiencies. Different position but similar situation here with Dawson. I'm not touching him in the first four.

Jordan Taylor with a 6.69 3 cone at his size is pretty ridiculous. He's a slender guy but those are some tools to work with. Exceptional height and length, solid vertical, and shows very good agility. 5th round type player with upside.

Don't be fooled by Eric Rowe flying up draft boards because of his workouts…he was probably already up there and the media is just behind the 8-ball. He's a really good player.

I've watched a little bit of Jordan Taylor and his hands are impressive. His burst off the LOS isn't great but he wins with size, hands and timing. You wouldnt kill to draft him but he has interesting traits.

Dolphins to meet with Jake Ryan.

I guess there looking to find the elusive Jason Trusnik Replacement..

“@TonyPauline: Interesting Note: Miami Dolphins met with Zach Vigil/LB/Utah State yesterday prior to the Utah pro-day.  Looking hard at MLB's...”

I will say this and I do believe it, a healthy Jake Ryan is a damn good LB. He was insanely dominant as a sophomore. Came back a little early from a torn ACL as a junior and wasn't the same, and he started the senior year slowly switching to MIKE, but as the season went on he was looking more and more like the Jake Ryan of 2012

So as of right now as far as I've found these are the players we're bringining in for private visits or have already done so...

Davante Parker
Jake Ryan
Eric Rowe
Vic Beasley
Stephone Anthony
Garrett Grayson
Ramik Wilson

I will say this and I do believe it, a healthy Jake Ryan is a damn good LB. He was insanely dominant as a sophomore. Came back a little early from a torn ACL as a junior and wasn't the same, and he started the senior year slowly switching to MIKE, but as the season went on he was looking more and more like the Jake Ryan of 2012

So as of right now as far as I've found these are the players we're bringining in for private visits or have already done so...

Davante Parker
Jake Ryan
Eric Rowe
Vic Beasley
Stephone Anthony
Garrett Grayson
Ramik Wilson

Looks like AJ Hawk at best to me.

“@SiClancy: Interesting chat with Norfolk State DE/OLB Lynden Trail this evening. He will take a pre draft visit with Miami on April 9th and 10th.”

“@SiClancy: Dolphins were paying close attention to BYU LB Alani Fua at the Cougars Pro Day. Fua is that versatile LB that Miami is after. Ran a 4.49”

“@SiClancy: Miami put Fresno State DT Tyler Davison through a workout after the pro day. There's interest there. He was 316lbs and ran a 5.12 forty.”

“@SiClancy: The Dolphins really like underrated Arizona State 4-3 three technique Marcus Hardison. Very quick for a 307lber. Converted DE.”

“@SiClancy: Miami also thinks Iowa St TE EJ Bibbs can be an h-back/FB/TE hybrid much like Charles Clay was early on. Best hands of any TE in the draft.”

“@SiClancy: Keep an eye on Central Michigan WR Titus Davis. Not a burner but a supreme route runner that the Dolphins have a LOT of interest in.”

“@SiClancy: Dolphins have a number of early to mid round corners on the radar. Eric Rowe, Byron Jones, Ronald Darby & Charles Gaines to name but four.”

“@SiClancy: Going back to Utah CB Eric Rowe, he has a scheduled visit to the Dolphins. Fast riser with corner/safety versatility.”

“@SiClancy: Mentioned it a while ago but is John Denney's time up? Dolphins worked out & spent time with the Brown long snapper Courtland Clavette.”

“@SiClancy: Miami has worked out Maine WR Demarr Aultman. He's 5'11, 195 and at his pro day he had a 41 inch vertical, ran under 4.4 and a 10'8 BJ.”

“@SiClancy: 3rd string QB alert? The Dolphins have spent time with Taylor Heinicke the Old Dominion QB.”

“@SiClancy: Whether you trust him or not, Miami has done their work on Washington corner Marcus Peters, way beyond their Combine interview with him.”

“@SiClancy: One DT flying up the boards is Washington State's Xavier Cooper. Miami worked him out at the WSU pro day & did the same with Connor Halliday”

I Would of gave Clancy his own thread if I knew he was gonna hit us with this much new info. He also mentioned meetings with fisher, Vigil, and Anthony which we all already knew.

Hardison and Bibbs are the only guys I've watched listed here besides Darby. Hardison is a guy I would def be interested in, dude is really freaking agile at that size. Bibbs I haven't watched Enough of, Darby you all know my stance already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a Hardison HL since I don't think most people are familiar with him. You forget this guy is 300 + lbs, the way he moves. I don't know why he's being so overlooked. Can play inside or the end too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKPpycOhgE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Marcus Peters tweet from Clancy is interesting, I don't think they would check into him so much unless they really liked his game.

And the love for Titus Davis seems kind of odd, how many of these kinds of WRs does philbin want?

Titus Davis is a nice receiver. Very good route runner and some decent initial burst.

Connor Halliday has some really small hands...measured 8 3/8" at the combine. As an undrafted rookie don't see the harm in bringing him in but wouldn't spend a pick on him at all.

Here's another nugget.
Tony Pauline @TonyPauline Mar 27
Interesting Note: Miami Dolphins met with Zach Vigil/LB/Utah State yesterday prior to the Utah pro-day. Looking hard at MLB's...

Back
Top Bottom