2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets?

New England also lets this type of player go right before their abilities begin to slide off the counter.

The Giants will attest to that with their LT.

They are able to do this on a consistent basis because they have had Tom Brady for so long. When you have the best QB to ever play the game, you can get by with less than ideal talent.

The Patriots also may not sign a lot of players, but they do trade picks for them a good amount. Granted, they use them for a couple of years and then get comped when they move on.

Thuney is 27 and played excellent this past season, I actually expect them to resign him unless he wants to move on to another team.

They are able to do this on a consistent basis because they have had Tom Brady for so long. When you have the best QB to ever play the game, you can get by with less than ideal talent.

The Patriots also may not sign a lot of players, but they do trade picks for them a good amount. Granted, they use them for a couple of years and then get comped when they move on.

Thuney is 27 and played excellent this past season, I actually expect them to resign him unless he wants to move on to another team.

Or too much $

Also Belichick is very good at evaluating personnel and knows what he is looking for. Very rare combo those two had that allowed them to do a lot with very little.

I'm not really into pats linemen because they seem to be a product of their scheme and as we see elsewhere the results have been poor.

I mentioned this earlier this year but to reiterate... We should look at the model the Colts and bills used. Signing a bunch of guys to fair contracts and having them all battle it out for your best five whole also getting depth. Gives you trade bait if you have too many as well. Wouldn't mind Brandon Scherff either

On Castonzo that I had referred to earlier-

Colts GM Chris Ballard: No timeline set for Anthony Castonzo to make retirement decision

NDIANAPOLIS — The Colts have not set a timeline for left tackle Anthony Castonzo to make a decision on retirement. Earlier this week, the free agent said he’s mulling the possibility of ending his career despite playing at the top of his game at the age of 31

Last edited:
dont expect any player on the Titans to leave. Tennessee is looking up, with a new coach who could easily still be playing in the NFL (lol), and Tannehill. Dont expect Henry or Spain to want to leave the Titans. They are an upward trending team.
Spain is on the Bills. And was very good for us. He didn’t let up a sack. And helped with OL Calls. I fully expect Bills to try and re-sign him.

but he has also made it known he wants to get paid.

As far as edge rushers, I'd love Ngakoue, but I wonder if some team is gonna go bat-poop crazy for him. Dupree, Armstead, Fowler, and Judon are all UFA; there's actually a pretty sizeable crop of edge rushers coming out.

The one who MIGHT be very affordable considering his production is Leonard Williams. No idea what happened to that dude; I wonder if a change of scenery and better coaching could do good things for him.

As far as edge rushers, I'd love Ngakoue, but I wonder if some team is gonna go bat-poop crazy for him. Dupree, Armstead, Fowler, and Judon are all UFA; there's actually a pretty sizeable crop of edge rushers coming out.

The one who MIGHT be very affordable considering his production is Leonard Williams. No idea what happened to that dude; I wonder if a change of scenery and better coaching could do good things for him.
I wouldn't have any issue with Williams as long as there is an easy out for us. His story looks a lot like Taco and unfortunately that didn't work out.

I'm still all-in on Thuney if Flores wants him. Our interior line play has been awful for a decade... just disastrously bad.
Thuney never misses games.
We have plenty of money and smart teams will overpay a bit when there is a position of great need.

It all seems to add up. I probably desire Thuney as much as the Tua people want their guy.

Dupree is such a perfect fit for this defense, as is Judon. I wonder who signs where first and for what, settling the OLB market in FA. Like someone else said, I'd rather sign and spend a high draft pick on this particular position.

Kareem Hunt
surprised nobody is talking about him. He is the best FA RB imo.

Could the Bucs use the transitional tag on Barrett?

Clowney and Thuney would be good. Kareem Hunt would be good on paper but I know he’s had issues off the field which may put the FO off him.

I like the RB at Clemson Etienne. Taylor, Swift and Dobbins seem to be rated higher but there’s something about Etienne. A touch of the Marshall Faulk maybe?

The dolphins are going to sign 10 to 12 guys - mostly 2nd tier guys with something to prove.

they might spend a time or two because everything is right...

What Flores has done is prove that if you are a leader of men - embody King energy - players respond.

paying guys who are only about greed and ego is counter-indicated.

buying guys who want to fight to prove themselves is going to be the focus - 10 to 12 players...

Back
Top Bottom