2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets?

I think we definitely need a EDGE like Dupree and/or Barrett. Maybe also an O-line.

A lot of the time, Edge is listed as a singular position, rather than as a catch all term for several positions.

I believe that we need a 3-4 DE who can set an Edge AND create some QB pressure.

AND we need a 3-4 OLB who can move around the formation on passing downs.

We don't need one or the other, we need both. It isnt as easy as just clicking on a player that says 'Edge' and calling it a day.

Surprised more people aren't interested in Dupree, who is a much cleaner fit than Ngakoue. I'd expect him to cost more than Van Noy, but if the money is similar, I'd take Dupree.

I thought about him and I had no idea he was a free agent until I put the list together. I like what he has done in Pittsburgh and he was a player I liked coming out. I would prefer not to waste a first round pick on this type of player if we can help it.

How do you feel about Judon?

I thought about him and I had no idea he was a free agent until I put the list together. I like what he has done in Pittsburgh and he was a player I liked coming out. I would prefer not to waste a first round pick on this type of player if we can help it.

For the record I love Judon.

Dupree was underwhelming for 4 years and then in his contract year had a “big” year.

Pass.

Surprised more people aren't interested in Dupree, who is a much cleaner fit than Ngakoue. I'd expect him to cost more than Van Noy, but if the money is similar, I'd take Dupree.
I like Dupree i think that he is the best fit for the "Edge" players. He is definitely a 3-4 OLB. I think we need to target him.

Always like Judon, and he'd be a fit, as well. I'll be curious to see the money for the OLB's. If there's an odd man out, that's who I'd target - including Van Noy. I wouldn't be looking to hand out an especially big contract, though.

We've got the money to really outbid anyone if we want to but I think Flores will be a big part of attracting free agents as well.

The players seem to really like him and if you noticed after the NE game player after player was coming up to him hugging him. You could tell how much respect within the NE organization as well.

To give people a bit clearer of a perspective of what guys are likely to be available here is the current salary cap standings. Jags have zip so that DE is likely going to FA, Ravens do not have a ton and have Lamar, Andrews, Brown maybe Peters and others they will have to pay up for soon might make Judon hard to sign. Armstead and Martin might be left to test because the Chiefs and 49ers have limited cap space and the Chiefs might be screwed moving forward with how much they will have to give Mahomes.

NFL CAP SPACE (click this link)

Calais Campbell? Shaq Barrett I think is an OLB, not DE.

Campbell is 32 so I left him off the list...

I referred to everyone on the outside who rushes as a "edge" player. Miami runs a hybrid defense so I thought most could possibly fit somewhere...some better then others.

Some real talent at edge rusher. I doubt all those end up making it to free agency, but that's one place I'd spend big. That and the offensive line. Other than that, I'm going with depth, ascending young players who won't break the bank.

Thuney is the reasonable target if he got along with Flores. New England allows this type of player to walk and then picks up comp picks.

Thuney is the guy.

New England also lets this type of player go right before their abilities begin to slide off the counter.

The Giants will attest to that with their LT.

New England also lets this type of player go right before their abilities begin to slide off the counter.

The Giants will attest to that with their LT.

New England has never had cap problems because they have a hard core plan of allowing these guys to leave and then scooping up 3 or 4 supplemental picks...

This way, they ALWAYS have plenty of picks.

Oh, they'll bring in the odd FA, but they don't make a habit of it.

Back
Top Bottom