After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now??? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

Maybe if we had better coach 5 years ago some of our earlier picks may have made much more of a difference and we would not be facing this definincy in talent so many of you are complaining about. Amazing Regie Bush starts off all world, we have a white reciever putting up stats like he is Jerry Rice and a rookie QB playing much better he ever did in college that suddenly everyone is comparing to Marino. Yea and all those defensive players brought in by Ireland including busts some of you were just fans were belly aching about as bust like Msi are playing lights out. All these poor seasons brought on by Ireland with a coach he did not even hire just have to be his fault while anything anybody is doing any good on the team presently has to be because of Philbin. So the current GM is on picking these past 3 coaches Haurbaugh, Fisher and Philbin as well as others he interviewed. Now it's his fault they did not sign even if it was their decision. I would say the guy can pick talent but he certainly cannot coach it that's what I am seeing. Bunch of you are just to angry to see it. I know Ireland was at the Philbin hire and not the Sporano hire. None of you know what was said on that last interview with Philbin after the McCoy interview if you do post it. Throw your guesses out there. Ireland publicly said this year before the draft that he had a plan for a QB and when he did not sign Flynn there was tons of finger pointing on this thread and when he interviews the 49er QB more of the same how bad he is now that we have what looks like a good one well suddenly most of you Ireland gripers suddenly have a short memory because if the guy is a player can't be because Ireland picked him its because of the coach but if the guy cannot play its not the coaching it is the GM. On the other hand I would dare say Ireland's players we may have a break out year for the Pro Bowl. Certainly you have Wake, Long, Starks, Paul Saoli, Pouncy, Hartline, S Smith and Brandon Fields. RT and Martin will most probably make some all rookie teams.

Better question: what do you think our record was last season?

Personally, i find it amusing you keep calling people out and darkly promising how "we will be so totally wrong(!!!) and times of reckoning are a-comin'". That said, why is it so threatening if people feel that a team that went 6-10 has the possible of going 6-10 again? How is that so alarming?

I haven't called anybody out, I'm just saying in my opinion our day of reckoning is coming. ****, you guys have been right for almost 30 years, so who am I to tell you what you should feel is going to happen. After the 0-7 start we finished the year 6 and 3. Since that start the Dolphins have gone 8-6, few Carpenter FG from two more wins. That put us in the top 10 in the league during that period. and the play of the Dolphins since then although it hasn't translated to a better win record, what it has shown me is this young group of players are finally starting to come together and turn that corner. You can think this team is going 4-12 if you like that's your right.

I just don't see how this team can be in the top 10 in almost 30 categories and think they are no playmakers, no skill players. But again that's just my evaluation. The way this team has played in the last 15 games is which almost one full year, has led me to believe we are way better than we are getting credit for. But, I'm not here to change on your mind on ****. If you of the opinion they will finish 6-10 that's your right.

I've already said I see this team going 9-7 with our schedule, but the loses to the Jets and Cardinals compromise that.

So with all the deficiencies you just ranted about, where do you see this team by season end? 4-12? 5-11? 6-10? Since Ireland but this flawed roster together with no skill players and playmakers..

....did you forget you already asked this question an hour ago? You spelled deficiencies correctly this time.

Is everything well? Im not being sarcastic. Are you drinking or something?

As CK pointed out with proof. Ireland wanted McCoy as head coach, who's another Sparano 1942 wildcat guy. McCoy was Ireland's #1 choice. Ross is the one who wanted Philbin after being incredibly impressed in their meetings (and if no Philbin there is no Sherman who Philbin hand picked knowing each other for a long time, and Tannehill is not a Dolphin right now if Philbin/Sherman were not hired). If Ireland had his way we'd have McCoy and his obsolete 1942 brand of football as our HC, and gwe'd have Tim Tebow as our backup/wildcat guy, and we'd be paying Kyle Orton $9M a year as our starting QB as Ireland was after him hard (thank god Ross stepped in and vetoed that one saying he wouldn't pay that money unless the QB really proved to be a difference maker)

That's all you need to know about Ireland.

With all due respect, this is a dumb post. I like Ross, but if he had that much foresight and Ireland was ready to pick guys like Mcoy and Orton then Ross would have let him go before the draft. Please you have no idea if Ireland wanted Orton or not. You really need to get out of the house once in a while. I know everyone has an opinion here but I hate when fans claim to know the inner workings of the franchise, it's embarrassing

I haven't called anybody out, I'm just saying in my opinion our day of reckoning is coming. ****, you guys have been right for almost 30 years, so who am I to tell you what you should feel is going to happen. After the 0-7 start we finished the year 6 and 3. Since that start the Dolphins have gone 8-6, few Carpenter FG from two more wins. That put us in the top 10 in the league during that period. and the play of the Dolphins since then although it hasn't translated to a better win record, what it has shown me is this young group of players are finally starting to come together and turn that corner. You can think this team is going 4-12 if you like that's your right.

I just don't see how this team can be in the top 10 in almost 30 categories and think they are no playmakers, no skill players. But again that's just my evaluation. The way this team has played in the last 15 games is which almost one full year, has led me to believe we are way better than we are getting credit for. But, I'm not here to change on your mind on ****. If you of the opinion they will finish 6-10 that's your right.

I've already said I see this team going 9-7 with our schedule, but the loses to the Jets and Cardinals compromise that.

Eh, you seem "alright"(because thats relative). Anyways...

And your evaluation is mistake.

This team is drastically different then last years. Namely, its worse. You can job any stat, there is all sorts of famous quotes about damned statics. Your entire argument is based around a flawed premise: woulda, coulda, shoulda. If the wind blew a certain way, if the solar alignment had gone as planned, if the Cold War never occured, we might have started out 4-1. To bad you are what your record says you are. This team is a 2-3 team. There is no moral victories in football. Deal with it.

Its hilarious that people hang on the last 9 games of last season...but the first 7 were totally a fluke. You can be in the top 10 of almost 30 categories very easily: if you pick and choose meaningless categories. And weve already established one completely indisputable truth about the National Football League: the only stat that matters is wins and losses. Period. Again, there are no moral victories in football.

"With our schedule" is the most often flawed argument i see on this forum. It neglects a very basic fact: that the assumption is based on information a year old. The NFC West is the best division in football at the moment. Its stacked. Why is it stacked? Because its judged on the only stat that matters: wins/losses(noticing a pattern?). 14-6 this season. I believe the next 2 divisions after that have 10 wins, the NFC north and east. 4 wins behind the west. Perhaps its because Miami under Ireland doesnt change much from offseason to offseason that fans have this false assumption, but other teams actually move forward.

And im very thankful that you aren't here to change our minds, because you havent. You feel that "we should get more credit" yet you ignore the only thing that matters: wins. Im sure we have the bestest, most awesomest, coolest looking offensive line in football...but we dont have the best team in football. And thats how stats screw you. Fantasy football is fun, but it shouldnt be the focus of those who clearly would like to run a franchise....you know, like Jeff Ireland.

edit: And yes, youve never called out anyone........but you know, that day of reckoning is COMING!!!!!!!! Now, as you obviously feel that "Reckoning" isnt a incendiary promise, i assume you mean the reckoning will be about ponies and pillows and puppies. You know, that day of reckoning that involves looking cute to feel cute. But your just sayin....:lol:

With all due respect, this is a dumb post. I like Ross, but if he had that much foresight and Ireland was ready to pick guys like Mcoy and Orton then Ross would have let him go before the draft. Please you have no idea if Ireland wanted Orton or not. You really need to get out of the house once in a while. I know everyone has an opinion here but I hate when fans claim to know the inner workings of the franchise, it's embarrassing

With all due respect you're talking out of your arse because it was widely reported not only in Miami, but by Schefter at the time last year through his inside sources. Where were you ??

http://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...s-andrew-luck-canceled-kyle-orton-trade/92803

The Herald’s source says Ross canceled a trade GM Jeff Ireland had arranged for Kyle Orton this summer because he felt that Orton is not a franchise QB and that the team shouldn’t pay him like one when he isn’t one.The report says “Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.”It’s pretty apparent that not only will the team likely have a new quarterback next season, but also a new head coach and GM. Ross reportedly wants a big-name head coach such as Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, or Jeff Fisher, or he wants to hire another all-knowing football czar who will pick the GM and coach. This meshes with the report last week that said the Dolphins had contacted Cowher.

And yes, McCoy was Ireland's #1 choice. This rift was reported as well. Ireland wanted McCoy. Ross wanted Philbin.

Wake up

And just count your lucky stars that Ireland didn't get his wish on both counts. It would have ruined the franchise (as if it wasn't already a mess), and we wouldn't have Tannehill currently.

With all due respect you're talking out of your arse because it was widely reported not only in Miami, but by Schefter at the time last year through his inside sources. Where were you ??

http://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...s-andrew-luck-canceled-kyle-orton-trade/92803

The Herald’s source says Ross canceled a trade GM Jeff Ireland had arranged for Kyle Orton this summer because he felt that Orton is not a franchise QB and that the team shouldn’t pay him like one when he isn’t one.The report says “Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.”It’s pretty apparent that not only will the team likely have a new quarterback next season, but also a new head coach and GM. Ross reportedly wants a big-name head coach such as Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, or Jeff Fisher, or he wants to hire another all-knowing football czar who will pick the GM and coach. This meshes with the report last week that said the Dolphins had contacted Cowher.

And yes, McCoy was Ireland's #1 choice. This rift was reported as well. Ireland wanted McCoy. Ross wanted Philbin.

Wake up

haha, I read all those articles and reports when they came out. Guess what, the writers are paid to write news. Problem is you can't believe what you read, you should know that by now. The media is all wrong, reporting the news and political direction, and worse yet sports. Come on, sources? And since when is Mort and Schefter Bernstein and Woodward. They feed you bull**** and throw **** at the wall to see what sticks. Again, proof is in the pudding, Ireland would've been fired at that point. No one knows the inner workings except for Ireland and Ross. Don't be so gullible, Omar Kelly and the rest of em love guys like you

haha, I read all those articles and reports when they came out. Guess what, the writers are paid to write news. Problem is you can't believe what you read, you should know that by now. The media is all wrong, reporting the news and political direction, and worse yet sports. Come on, sources? And since when is Mort and Schefter Bernstein and Woodward. They feed you bull**** and throw **** at the wall to see what sticks. Again, proof is in the pudding, Ireland would've been fired at that point. No one knows the inner workings except for Ireland and Ross. Don't be so gullible, Omar Kelly and the rest of em love guys like you

Well, at least you admit that ignorance is bliss.

Schefter's report was from Denver and his contacts "in their organization" that Ireland called them and made an offer for Orton.. Ireland went so far as to ask for permission to talk new contract with Orton's agent (which at the time was perceived to be around $9M season)

such news gets reported pre-trade quite often and they turn out to be true a massive majority of the time. And when it gets to the point when it's reported that the trading team is asking for permission for contract talks, it's just about always true. You know, kind of like how the exact same scenario was played out for Bush in that trade when all parameters of a new contract was worked out, and Ireland talking to the Giants RB about contract with offers (I guess that was all baloney too, lol)

you're not gullible, you're blind

Cracks me up that those who insist on Ross' infallibility forget to mention he signed Sparano to an extension.

Schefter's report was from Denver and his contacts "in their organization" that Ireland called them and made an offer for Orton.. Ireland went so far as to ask for permission to talk new contract with Orton's agent (which at the time was perceived to be around $9M season)

such news gets reported pre-trade quite often and they turn out to be true a massive majority of the time. And when it gets to the point when it's reported that the trading team is asking for permission for contract talks, it's just about always true. You know, kind of like how the exact same scenario was played out for Bush in that trade when all parameters of a new contract was worked out, and Ireland talking to the Giants RB about contract with offers (I guess that was all baloney too, lol)

you're not gullible, you're blind

please dude, when they want us to know something they leak it. They let us know when they want us to know. The only thing us fans are sure of is what happens on the field and that's it. And the Bradshaw thing wasn't some amazing story one of your idol reporters uncovered, Ahmad came to Florida for a workout and a look see. We kicked the tires but didn't offer him enough to warrant him coming here. I'm not sure what I'm blind about, but ok

A good GM understands building a great team is about devolping a great core and then continually upgrading the pieces around that core to build depth. Right now we have Long, Bush, Hartline, Starks, Smith becoming FA in 2013. Those players are all part of the core that Ireland has established and appear to now be paying off. If he isn't able to resign them and still have $$$ left over to bring in players that either add to the core of the team and/or provide depth then Ireland is an epic fail.

Ultimately a GM is graded based on the team's record under his watch and right now to go from a 11-5 to 7-9 to 7-9 to 6-10 to 2-3 seasons make Ireland a below par GM.

Back
Top Bottom