After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

It means you shouldn't be so lazy and look for stuff yourself. Anyway, here you go. 5th paragraph:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/dolphins-coaching-search-down-to-three/

And so the challenge for Ross, G.M. Jeff Ireland, and consultant Carl Peterson will be to determine based on a variety of tangible and primarily intangible factors whether McCoy or Philbin or Bowles is the best man for the job.
Where exactly does it say Ross and Carl Peterson hired Philbin. It only says that Peterson sat in on the interviews along with Ross and Ireland.

8. Ireland said the Dolphins considered coaches from all walks of life – current coordinators, previous head coaches, current college coaches, even the “John Harbaugh model” by interviewing Bears special teams coach Dave Toub – but he knew early on that he liked Philbin. “I knew about 15 minutes into the interview this is a guy we should really seriously look at,” he said. Carl Peterson also sat in on every meeting with Ross and Ireland.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...erview-process-and-the-teams-offseason-plans/

I'm not that lazy, I just wanted YOU to prove what you stated.

Where exactly does it say Ross and Carl Peterson hired Philbin. It only says that Peterson sat in on the interviews along with Ross and Ireland.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...erview-process-and-the-teams-offseason-plans/

I'm not that lazy, I just wanted YOU to prove what you stated.

You asked if he was associated with it, which he indeed was. Of course the owner would be the one to make the final hire. And the mere fact that they need a Carl Peterson to help with the coaching search says something about good 'ol Jeffrey.

You asked if he was associated with it, which he indeed was. Of course the owner would be the one to make the final hire. And the mere fact that they need a Carl Peterson to help with the coaching search says something about good 'ol Jeffrey.

Only to you.

Ross and Peterson are friends and Stephen trust Carl's judgement on football matters.

Well, since you're living in the NOW, we are currently right NOW just 2-3, which means right NOW we still have a losing record.

Duh! If you don't think the Dolphins were a couple of turnovers and missed FG's from being 4-1 then you haven't been paying attention. But you're right, I guess you are what you records says you are no matter what.

Only to you.

Ross and Peterson are friends and Stephen trust Carl's judgement on football matters.
The argument is whether or not it was Ireland or Ross' choice to hire Philbin. This furthers distances Ireland as picking Philbin and also shows that Ross is not 100 percent trustworthy in Ireland being the decision maker here. Again, it was widely reported that Ross chose Philbin because he was floored with Philbins attention to detail.

Duh! If you don't think the Dolphins were a couple of turnovers and missed FG's from being 4-1 then you haven't been paying attention. But you're right, I guess you are what you records says you are no matter what.
Duh?? :lol:

Are you in high school?

Only to you.

Only to people who don't believe Saint Jeff can do no wrong. Until he fields a team with a winning record without having to use gadget plays, I won't believe he's the right man for the job.

The argument is whether or not it was Ireland or Ross' choice to hire Philbin. This furthers distances Ireland as picking Philbin and also shows that Ross is not 100 percent trustworthy in Ireland being the decision maker here. Again, it was widely reported that Ross chose Philbin because he was floored with Philbins attention to detail.

That is not what the poster I responded to suggested. The poster said it was Ross and Carl Peterson that hired Philbin. I'm not sure how you can suggest this further distances Ireland from the hiring process when he was involved in every interview.

Ross may have had final say but Ireland was very much involved in Philbin being hired.

Only to people who don't believe Saint Jeff can do no wrong. Until he fields a team with a winning record without having to use gadget plays, I won't believe he's the right man for the job.

Good thing that doesn't apply to me because I am definitely not one who think Jeff Ireland, much less someone whom you call Saint Jeff, can do no wrong.

That is not what the poster I responded to suggested. The poster said it was Ross and Carl Peterson that hired Philbin. I'm not sure how you can suggest this further distances Ireland from the hiring process when he was involved in every interview.

Ross may have had final say but Ireland was very much involved in Philbin being hired.
Of course he was involved in the interview process. But this was Ross' hire and his hire may save Ireland. Funny how that works.

Every team can play that game. We're 2-3. A good team doesn't lose those games they should of won.

Every team can play that game. We're 2-3. A good team doesn't lose those games they should of won.

Would you rather be 0-5 after week 5 again? Or 0-7 after 7 weeks? We've got a great chance of having a winning record after 7 games. Let's face it...this team is a lot better than people give it credit for and certainly much better than last year. Sure we could've been 3-2 or 4-1 right now, but we're going in the right direction. I mean, people are starting to pick us to win games! When did that happen last year???

Would you rather be 0-5 after week 5 again? Or 0-7 after 7 weeks? We've got a great chance of having a winning record after 7 games. Let's face it...this team is a lot better than people give it credit for and certainly much better than last year. Sure we could've been 3-2 or 4-1 right now, but we're going in the right direction. I mean, people are starting to pick us to win games! When did that happen last year???

We could've been 1-4 too if not for a couple plays. That's the point I'm making. Every team can play this game, and it works both ways. The shoulda woulda coulda game is just really stupid. I won't say this team is better than last years. Certainly having a better start. But you can't make that determination until all 16 games are played because anything can happen.

I'm going to be honest with you, after five games I feel better about our coaching staff. We got several players making huge leaps forward and essentially having career years at the quarter mark.

I think you can read a little something into that.

Back
Top Bottom