After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now??? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

Well the proof on the field is enough for me at the moment. Players that were once washed up are suddenly playing solid like Jerry and Msi which means we have smaller holes than last year. Heck think about it how many of us would have bought into Hartline leading the NFL in receiving just 5 weeks ago. Maybe if we had better coaching per Philbin the trade for Marshall did not need to take place. I cannot say for gospel how much Philbin or Tony have a say in the draft or FA but this year in the draft with Philbin and Ireland it has much better. Also pluses were those signing of Paul S and Wake to very cash friendly contracts.

Anyone who starts their post with "we are not coaches nor gm's" as their argument isn't even worth reading in my opinion.

Is this even a serious thread? The only thing I've ever given Ireland props on is his eye for talent on the DLine. He's allergic to playmakers in the draft, he's awful at gathering depth on the OLine and needs first rounders to get any impact on the line. He's known throughout the league for being a dick. He couldn't spot a TE if a Jimmy Graham landed on his head. I mean give me a ****ing break. We have 3 straight losing seasons and have a losing record now . . . I mean what am I supposed to think of him? Am I suppose to throw him a bone because the owner had a better eye for a coach than he did and that coach hired an OC who knew he had a star QB at the college he went to? It's been 5 ****ing games and people wanna overlook 4 **** years for a losing record? Hilarious

Philbin saved the man his job.... I think Philbin is running the show now!

Is this even a serious thread? The only thing I've ever given Ireland props on is his eye for talent on the DLine. He's allergic to playmakers in the draft, he's awful at gathering depth on the OLine and needs first rounders to get any impact on the line. He's known throughout the league for being a dick. He couldn't spot a TE if a Jimmy Graham landed on his head. I mean give me a ****ing break. We have 3 straight losing seasons and have a losing record now . . . I mean what am I supposed to think of him? Am I suppose to throw him a bone because the owner had a better eye for a coach than he did and that coach hired an OC who knew he had a star QB at the college he went to? It's been 5 ****ing games and people wanna overlook 4 **** years for a losing record? Hilarious

This is just rambling. Ireland took the right approach in building this team. He solidified the trenches. He Spent just two first rounders on the Oline. One is a pro-bowler. And the other one is currently rated as the second best center in the league. He invested a first round on Odrick, after accumulating additional pick. So do you think if he hadn't invest so heavily in the trenches we would HAVE THE #1 RUSH DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE? Or 8th in the league in rushing ? How about the 5th in sacks allowed up to this point? But you want the Dez Bryants of the world right..

This is just rambling. Ireland took the right approach in building this team. He solidified the trenches. He Spent just two first rounders on the Oline. One is a pro-bowler. And the other one is currently rated as the second best center in the league. He invested a first round on Odrick, after accumulating additional pick. So do you think if he hadn't invest so heavily in the trenches we would HAVE THE #1 RUSH DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE? Or 8th in the league in rushing ? How about the 5th in sacks allowed up to this point? But you want the Dez Bryants of the world right..

Never before has rushing the football mattered so little in the NFL.

And the best teams in the league draft for talent, not position. They dont worry about "building through the trench", they worry about getting as many talented players as possible, regardless of where they play. You want proof that "building through the trenches" doesnt work? Look at the last few years.

You seem to love stats. Know what the only important stat is? The win/loss ratio. I can see why you would hate to even glance at that, seeing as how your beloved Gm is on the negative side of that stat.

He solidified the trenches? Picking a Center top 15 and taking a LT with the first overall while passing up a franchise QB is hardly a "commendable" job by any GM. He took the Center top 15 after whiffing on a well known "injury prone" center. Yet we have a roster in the bottom 3 at the skill positions and you act as if we have accomplished something with a 2-3 record. Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day . . . the man has had enough chances to atleast get a few picks right . . . he's only had over 40 since he has been here. He does have a talent for finding solid DLine players, I've always given him that . . . . that is not enought.

Giving Ireland all the credit and not the coaches is a big mistake on your part. You can look at the overall depth of this team and the lack of skill positions and tell this team is lacking all over and that is a direct effect of the GM. We have 5 picks in the top 96 next year . . . why should I embrace Jeff Ireland making those picks? This is going to be one of those important times in MIami Dolphins history, one that can change the fortune of a franchise and I just don't know if I"m comfortable with Jeff Ireland making those picks . . . and he hasn't given me any reason to feel comfortable. Now he may end up making those picks, and I'll support the team and even him because I love the Dolphins . . . . but that doesn't mean I have to agree with the decision . . . because I don't, not at this time . . . and 5 games and a 2-3 record certainly doesn't aid in me feeling any different.

He solidified the trenches? Picking a Center top 15 and taking a LT with the first overall while passing up a franchise QB is hardly a "commendable" job by any GM. He took the Center top 15 after whiffing on a well known "injury prone" center. Yet we have a roster in the bottom 3 at the skill positions and you act as if we have accomplished something with a 2-3 record. Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day . . . the man has had enough chances to atleast get a few picks right . . . he's only had over 40 since he has been here. He does have a talent for finding solid DLine players, I've always given him that . . . . that is not enought.

Giving Ireland all the credit and not the coaches is a big mistake on your part. You can look at the overall depth of this team and the lack of skill positions and tell this team is lacking all over and that is a direct effect of the GM. We have 5 picks in the top 96 next year . . . why should I embrace Jeff Ireland making those picks? This is going to be one of those important times in MIami Dolphins history, one that can change the fortune of a franchise and I just don't know if I"m comfortable with Jeff Ireland making those picks . . . and he hasn't given me any reason to feel comfortable. Now he may end up making those picks, and I'll support the team and even him because I love the Dolphins . . . . but that doesn't mean I have to agree with the decision . . . because I don't, not at this time . . . and 5 games and a 2-3 record certainly doesn't aid in me feeling any different.

So with all the defiencies you just ranted about, where do you see this team by season end? 4-12? 5-11? 6-10?

As CK pointed out with proof. Ireland wanted McCoy as head coach, who's another Sparano 1942 wildcat guy. McCoy was Ireland's #1 choice. Ross is the one who wanted Philbin after being incredibly impressed in their meetings (and if no Philbin there is no Sherman who Philbin hand picked knowing each other for a long time, and Tannehill is not a Dolphin right now if Philbin/Sherman were not hired). If Ireland had his way we'd have McCoy and his obsolete 1942 brand of football as our HC, and we'd have Tim Tebow as our backup/wildcat guy, and we'd be paying Kyle Orton $9M a year as our starting QB as Ireland was after him hard (thank god Ross stepped in and vetoed that one saying he wouldn't pay that money unless the QB really proved to be a difference maker)

That's all you need to know about Ireland.

So with all the defiencies you just ranted about, where do you see this team by season end? 4-12? 5-11? 6-10?

Better question: what do you think our record was last season?

Personally, i find it amusing you keep calling people out and darkly promising how "we will be so totally wrong(!!!) and times of reckoning are a-comin'". That said, why is it so threatening if people feel that a team that went 6-10 has the possible of going 6-10 again? How is that so alarming?

Ive been preaching that for months, even had it as a sig for a long time, but its good for Fisher to come out and say it...again.

Funny how it works. Ireland fought for and won totally control of this franchise....and yet much of the fanbase still believes its everyone except Ireland making the draft selections and free agency choices.

So with all the deficiencies you just ranted about, where do you see this team by season end? 4-12? 5-11? 6-10? Since Ireland but this flawed roster together with no skill players and playmakers..

Back
Top Bottom