After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

It was widely reported that at the end Ross wanted Philbin and Ireland wanted McCoy. Make what you want of the reports but to say that Ireland wanted Philbin wasn't documented.
Well you can believe what you want I guess, but to me that makes no sense and raises an even bigger problem if it is true. If Ross is going over Jeff's head to make the most important decision the GM has to make, then you can bet your ass that if Ireland leaves NO one else worth a crap would be willing to take the job. Why hire a football guy to make your decisions and then go over his head to hire who you want?? If that is what is going on then we have NO chance at ever becoming competitive. Philbin WAS Jeff's decision or Jeff would have already resigned, ANY GM would. Ross may have given Jeff his opinion but I have no reason to believe that Philbin was hired INSPITE of Jeff, as opposed to BECAUSE of Jeff.

It was widely reported that at the end Ross wanted Philbin and Ireland wanted McCoy. Make what you want of the reports but to say that Ireland wanted Philbin wasn't documented.

It was documented. Ross didnt conduct the search, he only sat in on interviews. Ireland was the one who brought Philbin in. Even if Ireland preferred McCoy, that doesnt mean he didnt want Philbin.

Well you can believe what you want I guess, but to me that makes no sense and raises an even bigger problem if it is true. If Ross is going over Jeff's head to make the most important decision the GM has to make, then you can bet your ass that if Ireland leaves NO one else worth a crap would be willing to take the job. Why hire a football guy to make your decisions and then go over his head to hire who you want?? If that is what is going on then we have NO chance at ever becoming competitive. Philbin WAS Jeff's decision or Jeff would have already resigned, ANY GM would. Ross may have given Jeff his opinion but I have no reason to believe that Philbin was hired INSPITE of Jeff, as opposed to BECAUSE of Jeff.

Ross and Carl Peterson were the ones that hired Philbin. Ireland wouldn't resign because no one else would take him. He's had losing records since he's been here, and everybody knows him for the Dez Bryant incident.

:bobdole:

You mean like he resigned during the Harbaugh fiasco? Or when he resigned after Sparano received his extension? Please present the link in which Ireland states he will resign if he doesnt get the coach he wants. Because right now, hes shown a history of doing whatever it takes to keep his job. Ive done my part by showing he wanted a different coach. Show us how your post is something more then wishful thinking.

This complete myth about how no GM worth a damn comes down to this: do you honestly believe a general manager will turn down a chance to work with a team that has a brilliant coach, a franchise quarterback, the ability to protect our quarterback, a devastating pass rusher, and has 50-60 million dollars that has to be spent as well as 5 draft picks in the first 3 rounds?
Despite what people have said, general managers realize their best chance of keeping their job is winning. We have 3 of the most important positions covered and the resources to fill out the roster. Talented general managers will see the benefits of this team and trip over themselves to sign up.

Show me another GM who has more NFL players on current NFL teams. Show me another GM who's selected players who are currently playing better. These players have played well together now going back to the Kansas City Chiefs game last year. Everybody wants to try and give all the credit to coaching. But these players finished by winning 6 of 9 games to end the season last year with Sparano and Interim Coach. Loses were to Dallas, Philly and NE, had leads in all three games.

#7 Rush
#8 Rush Yards Per Game.
#7 Yards Per Attempt.
#2 65 Yards.Longest Run From Scrimmage.
#2 Rushing Touchdowns.
#3 Average Yards Per Reception.
#2 Longest Pass Play From Scrimmage.
#2 Punts Return Attempts.
#6 Avg. Yards Return Per Punt.
#5 Longest Punt Return
#1 Punt Return For TD.
#1 Forced Punts.
#6 In Sacks Allowed
#6 Rushing First Downs.
#3 In Third Down Conversions
#6 In Total Penalties
#7 In Penalties Yards
#8 Solo Tackles
#4 In Sacks
#6 In Passing Touchdown's Allowed!
#6 In Redzone Defense!
#6 In +20 Yard Completions
#4 In Interceptions
#4 Forced Fumble
#1 In Pass Completion % Against 5 or More Rushers!

Top 10 In 26 Categories.
13 Categories In The Top 5.

What You Ireland Haters Don't Get About Us Having One Of The Best Young GM's In The League. It's cool because in due time, there will be nothing left to be said. Besides we told you so. Rome Wasn't build in a day. It took some time, bad decisions and all, but through all that, he has build one of the youngest, fastest, strongest teams in the league. We don't get run on. We run over people. We pass on teams, until recently our secondary was suspect but slowly even that is coming around. These Dolphins have been so competitive of the course of the last 15 games. It hasn't always translated to victories but we've had our moments. The Dolphins are 9-0 Against The Spread Against Teams With Winning Records. And are 12-3 Against The Spread In The Last 15 Games. Instead of listening to the national media and the irrational fans on this site and elsewhere yall should of been riding this wave and making some money on these Dolphins while everybody else hate. We have a pot of gold right in front of us, and you still can't see it..

Show me another GM who has more NFL players on current NFL teams. Show me another GM who's selected players are currently playing better. These players have played well together going back to the Kansas City Chiefs game last year. Everybody wants to try and give all the credit to coaching. But these players finished by winning 6 of 9 games to end the season. Loses were to Dallas, Philly and NE, had leads in all three games.

#7 Rush
#8 Rush Yards Per Game.
#7 Yards Per Attempt.
#2 65 Yards.Longest Run From Scrimmage.
#2 Rushing Touchdowns.
#3 Average Yards Per Reception.
#2 Longest Pass Play From Scrimmage.
#2 Punts Return Attempts.
#6 Avg. Yards Return Per Punt.
#5 Longest Punt Return
#1 Punt Return For TD.
#1 Forced Punts.
#6 In Sacks Allowed
#6 Rushing First Downs.
#3 In Third Down Conversions
#6 In Total Penalties
#7 In Penalties Yards
#8 Solo Tackles
#4 In Sacks
#6 In Passing Touchdown's Allowed!
#6 In Redzone Defense!
#6 In +20 Yard Completions
#4 In Interceptions
#4 Forced Fumble
#1 In Pass Completion % Against 5 or More Rushers!

13 Categories In The Top 5.

What You Ireland Haters Don't Get About Us Having One Of The Best Young GM's In The League. It's cool because in due time, there will be nothing left to be said. Besides we told you so. Rome Wasn't build in a day. It took some time, bad decisions and all, but through all that, he has build one of the youngest, fastest, strongest teams in the league. These Dolphins have been so competitive of the course of the last 15 games. It hasn't always translated to victories but we've had our moments. The Dolphins are 9-0 Against The Spread Against Teams With Winning Records. And are 12-3 Against The Spread In The Last 15 Games. Instead of listening to the national media and the irrational fans on this site and elsewhere yall should of been riding this wave and making some money on these Dolphins while everybody else hate.

Do I really have to bring up the team records since he's been here again?

You really believe that the owner did not have the final say on who the hire was? And by your theory, please explain how Ireland escaped the blame in Ross' pursuit of Harbaugh? And why was Ross meeting with Fisher without Ireland? Why didn't Jeff quit in those situations?

Again, Ross wanted Philbin and you better believe he had the final say.

Not ONE playmaker drafted in FIVE years... not ONE.

Case closed

So how do you suggest we won the game last Sunday? LMAO. This is coocoo talk. Maybe I'm blind but I saw a bunch of guys making plays this past Sunday.

Brian Hartline had a 30 Yard Catch (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)
Davone Bess Had a 28 Yard Catch (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)
Charles Clay Had a 24 Yard Catch (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)
Reggie Bush Had a 21 Yard Catch (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)

Reggie and DT had Rushing Touchdown's

Starks Had Incredible Interception ? (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)
Reshad Jones had and INT? (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)
How About The 3 Sacks? (THIS ISN'T PLAYMAKING?)

Jimmy Wilson Pass Defense in the endzone, to prevent the TD's ?
Nolan Carroll Pass Defense?
Sean Smith Wasn't Making Plays On Sunday?

How about the week before in Arizona you want me to recount the countless amount of plays the entire team made? Or the Week before against the Jets? Or Against Oakland when we dropped 35 points on their ass. Who do you assume we scored so much points? Did we just get sharpie in wrote on the scoreboard??

Oh I get it, these guys don't fit your definition of playmakers. They don't look like your perception of playmakers. How many playmakers did the Packers have before they started playing well ? How many did the 49ers have before they started playing well.

The only way you know when and if you have playmakers is when the PLAYERS make plays. And they have been doing this since the KANSAS CITY GAME OF LAST YEAR.

ALL THOSE CATEGORIES THIS TEAM LEADS THE LEAGUE IN ARE THEY NOT BECAUSE GUYS ON THIS TEAM ARE MAKING PLAYS???

Ross and Carl Peterson were the ones that hired Philbin. Ireland wouldn't resign because no one else would take him. He's had losing records since he's been here, and everybody knows him for the Dez Bryant incident.

Carl Peterson? Do you have a link that says Carl Peterson was directly associated with the Dolphins hiring Philbin?

Do I really have to bring up the team records since he's been here again?

Do it!. Go ahead, but something happened after the horrid start last year. Something changed after that Kansas City Game last year. Keep looking back, that's your right. Now, I'll ask you what the **** does that have to do moving forward. I'm living in the NOW. And the fact is this team is a couple of Dan Carpenter FG's from being 10 and 4 in the last 14 games. And yes you are what your record says you are, but if you look deeper, what that means is this team has played well for what is almost a duration of an entire season worth of games.

Do it!. Go ahead, but something happened after the horrid start last year. Something changed after that Kansas City Game last year. Keep looking back, that's your right. Now, I'll ask you what the **** does that have to do moving forward. I'm living in the NOW. And the fact is this team is a couple of Dan Carpenter FG's from being 10 and 4 in the last 14 games. And yes you are what your record says you are, but if you look deeper, what that means is this team has played well for what is almost a duration of an entire season worth of games.

Well, since you're living in the NOW, we are currently right NOW just 2-3, which means right NOW we still have a losing record.

Back
Top Bottom