Ajayi takes a shot at Miami Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi takes a shot at Miami Dolphins

The Falcons collapsed because Tom Brady led 5 straight scoring drives to end the game. Likewise against Seahawks when Brady led 2 TD drives to end the game and provide the winning margin. 7 straight drives to end his last 2 Super Bowl wins. That isn't luck. It is unprecedented.

Sorry but that doesn’t matter if the Seahawks call the right play at the end of that game and score the winning TD. That has nothing to do with Brady. The Pats would have lost and last year the Falcons flat out choked on offense when Shanahan got too cute with the play calling in the second half. All they really needed was one more field goal to clinch it. So your argument is mute because they still probably should have lost both those games regardless of what Brady did.

Last edited:
For a second I thought you were talking about Drake. Personally I forgot about Ajayi until I saw this thread.

Ajayi's a really good runner with the ball in his hands. I did think Drake was simply a better player when he came in this season, and for that reason I can move on from Ajayi without any regrets.

But if Drake didn't come in and look like a phenomenal replacement, I'd still be smarting about it, to be honest with you. I think it's a shame that a good football player had such an attitude problem that his coaches couldn't find a way to get through to him and get him doing the right things.

NFL games are decided in Las Vegas, just like the NBA. Now they will have their own nfl team with Chucky at the helm just when Puke England starts to wind down. Hmmm, I wonder if the Raiders will do well there?
I dont care if they do dominate as long as NE is finally unseated from the throne

The problem is he still thinks he's playing soccer. He thinks he's Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi or something.

Ajayi's a really good runner with the ball in his hands. I did think Drake was simply a better player when he came in this season, and for that reason I can move on from Ajayi without any regrets.

But if Drake didn't come in and look like a phenomenal replacement, I'd still be smarting about it, to be honest with you. I think it's a shame that a good football player had such an attitude problem that his coaches couldn't find a way to get through to him and get him doing the right things.

It would be nice to think our coach could get something out of a player like a Ajayi. Kind of sad, even after moving on with Drake.

It would be nice to think our coach could get something out of a player like a Ajayi. Kind of sad, even after moving on with Drake.

He did! Otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation. It just got to his head. It's not like Pederson rode him to where they are. He's barely played and hasn't even been that good.

I can see this scheme churning RBs the way the Broncos have since Terrelle Davis.

What is done is done. Best of luck to Jay . Drake played well and hopefully the Dolphins get a solid starter with the pick they got for Ajayi. They still need an all round RB to split carries with Drake. Whether that is CJ Anderson, Carlos Hyde or a draft pick remains to be seen.

Jay Ajayi is simply a very good football player....

Ajayi improved dramatically as 2016 wore on, and he's improved tremendously as 2017 has advanced. He's really running with athletic arrogance right now. Moves and energy and attitude. Everyone was praising Ajayi for his contribution today, including Tony Dungy on the post game show.

That's the way it should be. You don't get rewarded for selling low.

I can't imagine being an Adjuster.

Ajayi is a good player... at one thing. Power running. Not that, if you are a RB, that's a bad thing to be good at.

But I'm really curious, exactly what stat are you looking at to determine "running with athletic arrogance". That sure seems like a tape review comment.

Ajayi's full quote was not provided. He said the Dolphin experience taught him that the NFL is a business. No kidding. And business leaders don't like to be told they are wrong, despite all evidence and truth. Preferable to shut up and watch the screen passes.

Yes, Ajayi made it clear he felt he was let go because he was open and honest. I would have to agree with him.

Saying things like:
  • "don't worry about this blocking and picking up blitz's stuff, just give me the damned ball"
  • "Why are you worried about my route running, when I should just be taking a hand-off and running the damned ball"
  • "You idiots are trying to tell me to take 3 yards when I can always make it into the end-zone. You coaches don't understand the damned game. Just let me run the ball"
  • etc.
is the exactly the kind of radical honesty that any coach would love and would want to build a team around

Last edited:
Ajayi will have some success in Philly, but these types of personality’s can only suppress themselves for a half a season or so. “Oh I’m going to keep my mouth shut and play…” comments only come from the wrong type of players.

Ajayi was an upgrade over Miller and now Drake is an upgrade over Ajayi. The arrow has steadily pointed up in that position.

So it has at WR since the Wallace days.

Even the oline has improved from Philbin's days.

Now if we could just improve the defense which is down from Philbin's last year when we had Delmas, Jenkins, OV, Grimes, Starks. We're close.

Don’t you get tired of going around forums and calling people Happy Adjusters? You’ve been insulting entire forums for years now. How about we make a new term for you…Idiot Adjuster. It’s for posters who insit that everyone else is an idiot, but they are too dense to realize that they are the actual idiot.

How can you not say the Ajayi trade was good at this point? Drake has show to be the better RB. How can you argue against upgrading the RB position and getting a draft pick? It was debatable at the time of the trade if it was a good deal or not, but now we know it was a good deal. It sounds like you are just desperate to be right, rather than making an objective observation and sharing it with the forum. Time for you to stop adjusting.

Whats the expiration date on when a trade is or isn't good? It's bad. Wait a minute, I was wrong its good now. No, on second thought I was wrong again its bad...

Everybody's just going around ripping on each other in this thread, and all I can say is: Is Jay Ajayi a worthy reason to shred on your fellow Finheaven posters? Honestly, I don't think that he is.

He's gone. Hopefully we'll get a good player out of the pick and Drake will keep playing like a man possessed.

Everybody's just going around ripping on each other in this thread, and all I can say is: Is Jay Ajayi a worthy reason to shred on your fellow Finheaven posters? Honestly, I don't think that he is.

He's gone. Hopefully we'll get a good player out of the pick and Drake will keep playing like a man possessed.

Good post. If I had seen your post I might not have made the one I just posted.

No matter.

Somebody asked about athletic arrogance. That's my term for frenzied energy...more than a deviation above the norm. Very familiar among running backs, ones who attack tacklers and refuse to go down upon standard contact. They they bounce up and let the defense know about it, with body language more than anything else. They are prepared to unleash the athletic arrogance again and again. It's like that extra surge of adrenaline accompanying every act, instead of occasionally present.

Jay Ajayi last season and this season started slowly and with normal looking energy level. Once he finds that athletic arrogance he is a different back. It was glaring yesterday. He is more fluid. He has more moves. He earns far more yards after contact. In 2017 instead of waiting for that to return we tried to pretend it was gone forever. That is my idea of flawed thinking. I always believe in long term big picture overview and not overreaction to yesterday or last week. Adam Gase relied on a handful of weeks.

Jarvis Landry owns athletic arrogance. Unfortunately he doesn't confine it to the result of the play itself, and even takes it to unnecessary lengths away from the ball during the play itself.

Back
Top Bottom