Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking?

Rebuilding or Tanking?

• Rebuilding

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Tanking

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Neither, we're gonna roll like that past 20 years

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Your word games and deflection are apparent.

Stop being cute. What is it you want?

You really need to ask Rev Kev what he wants, he has all the questions.

What seemed to set him off was I said in another post a week ago that I cant stand the term " Tank" and "The Patriot Way" So he's been trolling this thread ever since.

I'm cool with we aren't tanking. He's bent because he thinks all the evidence this early in the season we are tanking because we have a bunch of scabs on our team I guess.

Bottom line he's bent because I wont submit to "the Dolphins are tanking" and he wont let it go. Thanks for caring .

No man. Rebuild is replacing the QB and/or defensive philosophy. We are definitely in a rebuild.
Tanking is intentionally performing below standards, cutting payroll, cutting personnel, minimizing operations, accumulating assets for future use. Nosediving. Riding the bear market. They are tanking too.
The problem is, tanking and rebuild do not go together. one is an investment the other is an

Exactly! Very well put.

Does it really matter what you call it? Everyone knows what's going down, who cares what term you use. People really seem to get caught up in labels. To that, I hope we don't draft a QB this year so we don't have to listen to what stupid nickname people have for the newest franchise QB that hasn't taken a snap yet.

Does it really matter what you call it? Everyone knows what's going down, who cares what term you use. People really seem to get caught up in labels. To that, I hope we don't draft a QB this year so we don't have to listen to what stupid nickname people have for the newest franchise QB that hasn't taken a snap yet.

It does matter because the tanking crew thinks we'll be intentionally losing and wind up 0-16 or 1-15

The rebuilding crew knows our win total will be low and likely 3-13, 4-12 or 5-11 and we'll lose with grace by at the very least trying.

Tank = trying to lose

Rebuilding = Trying to win

Last edited:
No man. Rebuild is replacing the QB and/or defensive philosophy. We are definitely in a rebuild.
Tanking is intentionally performing below standards, cutting payroll, cutting personnel, minimizing operations, accumulating assets for future use. Nosediving. Riding the bear market. They are tanking too.
The problem is, tanking and rebuild do not go together. one is an investment the other is an

You have been eating Chris Grier's asshole out the past week for "tanking"but now you are calling what he is doing an "investment"? I am not following the logic. haha but who am i kidding there is no logic. Just fishing for bites.

It does matter because Tanking crew thinks we'll be intentionally losing and wind up 0-16 or 1-15

The rebuilding crew knows our win total will be low and likely 3-13, 4-12 or 5-11 and we'll lose with grace by at the very least trying.

Tank = trying to lose

Whatever you call it. I am 100% positive everyone on this board would take a 1-15 over a 4-12 season. I am pretty certain the front office would sign off on that today as well.

If Flores got this team to 9 wins I would be excited for the future because if he can do that with this roster we got our coach. I dont think there is a chance in hell that happens so I am going to go the more obvious route.

It does matter because the tanking crew thinks we'll be intentionally losing and wind up 0-16 or 1-15

Tank = trying to lose

It matters because fans are making predictions about our future record?.....what does it matter what fans think the win total will be?

I also doubt you would find one person here that thinks the players aren't going to try even if they think we're tanking. No-one thinks the players are going to purposely miss tackles, drop TDs, etc.

Whatever you call it. I am 100% positive everyone on this board would take a 1-15 over a 4-12 season. I am pretty certain the front office would sign off on that today as well.

If Flores got this team to 9 wins I would be excited for the future because if he can do that with this roster we got our coach. I dont think there is a chance in hell that happens so I am going to go the more obvious route.
If this coach and FO can't get more than 4 wins with any NFL roster, then Miami needs to find a new FO and coach after next season, let alone only 1 win.

If this coach and FO can't get more than 4 wins with any NFL roster, then Miami needs to find a new FO and coach after next season, let alone only 1 win.

If he gets fired then so be it. The next head coach will have a good foundation in place already. First overall pick and the worst of the "rebuild" over with.

What we'd take as a record has nothing to do with it.

I'd take Sunny and 80 degrees / 50% humidity 6 days a week and rain all day on thursdays for life. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Also there have been a lot of fans on this board over the past 3-4 weeks saying if we go 0-16 or 1-15 we need new coaches.

I kinda fall in that group.

It matters because fans are making predictions about our future record?.....what does it matter what fans think the win total will be?

I also doubt you would find one person here that thinks the players aren't going to try even if they think we're tanking. No-one thinks the players are going to purposely miss tackles, drop TDs, etc.

Easy explanation, two words.

Off Season.:up:

You expect a roster that will have undrafted free agents comprising a heavy percentage to win at least 4 games?

That's such a close-minded blanket statement.

You expect a roster that will have undrafted free agents comprising a heavy percentage to win at least 4 games?

That's such a close-minded blanket statement.
What's a heavy percentage? Also, undrafted does not mean they are bad. Your statement is as much of a blanket statement as mine.

He beats your rivals once a year - who else does that? Why is he gone and a better Qb not in his place?

No. Replacing the quarterback is not tanking. That's rebuild. When the Browns got a new QB last year, they were not tanking.
Tanking is intentionally performing below standards. That's what they did ever since they extended Tannehill. They knew he was below standards and they intentionally extended him to perform below standards.

Back
Top Bottom