Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking?

Rebuilding or Tanking?

• Rebuilding

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Tanking

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Neither, we're gonna roll like that past 20 years

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
No offense, but I don't see why this is difficult. New HCs ALWAYS turn over personnel to varying degrees. Dump bad/old players and bad contracts to varying degrees. Yet, not all of them are trying to lose. Flores is doing the same type dumping. That does not equate to trying to lose, trying to tie, or trying to win.

This isn't either/or. This is evidence Flores is a new HC. It is certainly fair to disagree over how much turnover is typical or whether Flores is going all out to lose (I think not), but there are clear signs he DIDN'T dump all those who could accidentally win a game or avoid those who could accidentally win a game.

I don't think Flores is trying to win THIS year, but, at the same time, I don't think he's trying to lose as many as possible. I think he's trying to prepare the team for success in a clear, thought out manner and is willing to clear out those who are overpaid or won't be around in '21 to aid in the success. I've already listed last year's starters on O and D who are still around. Some of those (e.g., KA, Parker) were seen as guaranteed gone by many. Excluding DE, the D is, surprisingly intact. And, remember, by some accounts the D was talent-less. I disagree. I see the D (sans a 2nd CB) as average or better in talent. Yes, it can also be argued Flores kept a talent-less D so he could tank. It is that type of debate that continues this fruitless tank/rebuild debate.

I am not offended - you can see for yourself that this is a tank

And I like what you said here but we cannot discount the back peddling of the FO that they aren’t tanking - if they aren’t - then why speak about it

We cannot discount that Gase wanted to win now and is no longer employed

Thill was signed and was serviceable considering his record against the Pats - we had the 2nd best QB in the AFCE

Parker hasn’t done anything to suggest he can be a no. 1 - he is a low risk gamble he can put it together

So here it is

Lipstick on a pig is still window dressing a pig - of course the FO is preparing for the future I am sorry that the word tank is so offensive

But in my opionion we have pulled a page from the Houston Astros - time will tell whether they can acquire the pieces

Last edited:
Such an odd question. :nah:

The Miami Dolphins traded their old car in and bought a new one.......

New GM, New real head coach, New O + D Coordinator, new special teams coach, New starting QB for starters.

Those are pretty good signs there and the draft is 3 weeks away.

Signs that we wanted to lose was to do nothing at all and continue to get slapped around by the other NFL teams.

If you aren’t trying to win what are you trying to do? If you wanted to be mediocre as you have been you would have kept your starting QBs and spent some coin brought in some blockers.

Evidently they want to be worse than mediocre - when you only refurbish you don’t need to take the building to the ground

They took this org to the ground building from the foundation - hopefully it works

Depends if they are patient with young players over old overpaid players and acquiring picks and using those picks wisely

Such an odd question. :nah:

The Miami Dolphins traded their old car in and bought a new one.......

New GM, New real head coach, New O + D Coordinator, new special teams coach, New starting QB for starters.

Those are pretty good signs there and the draft is 3 weeks away.

Signs that we wanted to lose was to do nothing at all and continue to get slapped around by the other NFL teams.

An odd question because you can’t offer an addition to this roster that suggests that we are trying to go for first place in the AFCE yet you are peeved by the term tank

Show me your passion list some additions?

If you aren’t trying to win what are you trying to do? If you wanted to be mediocre as you have been you would have kept your starting QBs and spent some coin brought in some blockers.

Evidently they want to be worse than mediocre - when you only refurbish you don’t need to take the building to the ground

They took this org to the ground building from the foundation - hopefully it works

Depends if they are patient with young players over old overpaid players and acquiring picks and using those picks wisely

You're confusing yourself.

You are the one saying we aren't trying to win. You are the one putting all your marbles into one basket ---->losing and loafing / going through the motions praying for the #1 in 2020.

The answer to your question is........

We are rebuilding.

An odd question because you can’t offer an addition to this roster that suggests that we are trying to go for first place in the AFCE yet you are peeved by the term tank

Show me your passion list some additions?

Damn, it's hard to relate to someone who thinks that the season starts this weekend and we didn't even make it to the draft yet.:wacky

You're confusing yourself.

You are the one saying we aren't trying to win. You are the one putting all your marbles into one basket ---->losing and loafing / going through the motions praying for the #1 in 2020.

The answer to your question is........

We are rebuilding.
Misquote all you like - I already contacted the commissioner and he has put the FO under investigation

Damn, it's hard to relate to someone who thinks that the season starts this weekend and we didn't even make it to the draft yet.:wacky

Nice try - bait and switch from the argument

Your lack of intellectual honesty is baffling

What is Tanehills record against the Pats at home and we traded him for nothing / does this reek we are trying to beat the best team?

If you are not trying to win what are you trying to do _____________??? Fill in the blank Mr. “the draft” & the last cuts of preseason will explain everything

You think you are pretty damn smart so
Please explain?

You start the Thread own up

You begged to engage and now you run your mouth

Show me some additions on this roster that suggest that we can compete with the Pats?

because this is a rebuild but a rebuild from square one is a tank

Nice try - bait and switch from the argument, This is a rebuild but a rebuild from square one is a tank

So for you I shoulda included the rebuildingtank as a choice.

:lol:

I'm not sure you can count but the last I looked at the poll 52 fans say rebuild 18 say tank.

The numbers don't lie.

At what point during the 2019 season do you take your marbles and run home????

When the dolphins win their 3rd??? 4th??? 5th???

Last edited:
So for you I shoulda included the rebuildingtank as a choice.

:lol:

I'm not sure you can count but the last I looked at the poll 52 fans say rebuild 18 say tank.

The numbers don't lie.

At what point during the 2019 season do you take your marbles and run home????

When the dolphins win their 3rd??? 4th??? 5th???

Your word games and deflection are apparent.

Stop being cute. What is it you want?

I am not offended - you can see for yourself that this is a tank

And I like what you said here but we cannot discount the back peddling of the FO that they aren’t tanking - if they aren’t - then why speak about it

We cannot discount that Gase wanted to win now and is no longer employed

Thill was signed and was serviceable considering his record against the Pats - we had the 2nd best QB in the AFCE

Parker hasn’t done anything to suggest he can be a no. 1 - he is a low risk gamble he can put it together

So here it is

Lipstick on a pig is still window dressing a pig - of course the FO is preparing for the future I am sorry that the word tank is so offensive

But in my opionion we have pulled a page from the Houston Astros - time will tell whether they can acquire the pieces

Very good. There are some so invested in tank they can't admit it's opinion, just as mine is. There are reasonable points on both sides. But, once more, the request was for points that SUGGEST no tank

Even the OP suggests the FO should be investigated? OP wants the Commish to discipline the team if they get an early pick (no doubt they will)

The OP knows it is a tank who cares about semantics - I am interested in action and non action

Rebuild is refurbish not trade the QB with a winning record at home VS the Pats

Money talks BS walks

nuff said

No man. Rebuild is replacing the QB and/or defensive philosophy. We are definitely in a rebuild.
Tanking is intentionally performing below standards, cutting payroll, cutting personnel, minimizing operations, accumulating assets for future use. Nosediving. Riding the bear market. They are tanking too.
The problem is, tanking and rebuild do not go together. one is an investment the other is an

Very good. There are some so invested in tank they can't admit it's opinion, just as mine is. There are reasonable points on both sides. But, once more, the request was for points that SUGGEST no tank

You made a good post earlier this is not as good

Here is poor logic

You can also squeeze yourself into that M shirt when what your size required a XXL - good for yo! Decieve yourself the neighbours kno what’s reallly going on

But You argue - you got the M shirt on so that’s what counts!

The FO is not wearing that M shirt they are going shirtless because they need to start from near scratch that is how freakin bad it is

No man. Rebuild is replacing the QB and/or defensive philosophy. We are definitely in a rebuild.
Tanking is intentionally performing below standards, cutting payroll, cutting personnel, minimizing operations, accumulating assets for future use. Nosediving. Riding the bear market. They are tanking too.
The problem is, tanking and rebuild do not go together. one is an investment the other is an

Tanking is weskening your chance to win and compete with the heavies and that is what this team has done. With THill and a semblance of Oline 8 wins

You can spin it anyway you want the QB was signed he was the starter - he is gone

He beats your rivals once a year - who else does that? Why is he gone and a better Qb not in his place?

So obvious and evidently bad is tanking in pro sports that leagues have adopted the draft lottery to provide some integrity

Only on Finheaven where intellectual honesty and discussion is a pipe dream

Back
Top Bottom