Are We Too In Love With Myles Gaskin? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Too In Love With Myles Gaskin?

I really don't know if in the long run Preston Williams isn't just a rotational receiver. Look at what Seattle and Buffalo have done to us in recent weeks. Their #2 guys brought top level skills that Preston doesn't have, and they went 3-4 deep with guys who can make really good plays on a level with Preston.
It could be true, but it is also true that he is coming off knee surgery and sometimes that takes a year or so. Ford, for instance, looks like a lifetime rotational receiver.

It could be true, but it is also true that he is coming off knee surgery and sometimes that takes a year or so. Ford, for instance, looks like a lifetime rotational receiver.

I get that, and it's clear to see that Williams has been affected somewhat coming off the surgery. But always want to extrapolate a guy who has proven he can play in the NFL into a longterm starter. Most teams are 4 deep (at least with guys like that).

I think receivers can be overrated in this league and that you can win without dynamic receivers as long as you play within your means. But I don't think we should just look at a guy like Preston Williams and say we're done here when we can definitely get a lot better.

I know Ford's ceiling is as a move the chain slot guy but I'm still a little surprised by how Fitzpatrick has under utilized him after 4 games. It seems like, after DVP's big breakout following Preston's injury, Fitz was so excited to have some potential big play horses in Preston, DVP, and Gesicki that he just doesn't want to settle on an underneath throw without potential for a big play. If those guys aren't there he'd rather just run it himself. And that's surprising because he and Ford ended the year with a lot of chemistry.

I get that, and it's clear to see that Williams has been affected somewhat coming off the surgery. But always want to extrapolate a guy who has proven he can play in the NFL into a longterm starter. Most teams are 4 deep (at least with guys like that).

I think receivers can be overrated in this league and that you can win without dynamic receivers as long as you play within your means. But I don't think we should just look at a guy like Preston Williams and say we're done here when we can definitely get a lot better.

I know Ford's ceiling is as a move the chain slot guy but I'm still a little surprised by how Fitzpatrick has under utilized him after 4 games. It seems like, after DVP's big breakout following Preston's injury, Fitz was so excited to have some potential big play horses in Preston, DVP, and Gesicki that he just doesn't want to settle on an underneath throw without potential for a big play. If those guys aren't there he'd rather just run it himself. And that's surprising because he and Ford ended the year with a lot of chemistry.

I really think that the loss of Wilson is hurting us much more than people are willing to credit. We have little or no run-after-the-catch ability on this team right now. We are over-loaded on big bodies who can out muscle DBs for the ball, so people press us in the red zone and on important downs. I really believe that this is the #1 problem with our offense at the moment.

If Wilson were playing (and healthy), he'd open all of the passing lanes. Grant is just too small for the job even though he LOOKS like a slot. Ford is a good 3rd down slot because he catches everything, but we need an early down guy with quickness and we just don't have one on the roster.

I really think that the loss of Wilson is hurting us much more than people are willing to credit. We have little or no run-after-the-catch ability on this team right now. We are over-loaded on big bodies who can out muscle DBs for the ball, so people press us in the red zone and on important downs. I really believe that this is the #1 problem with our offense at the moment.

If Wilson were playing (and healthy), he'd open all of the passing lanes. Grant is just too small for the job even though he LOOKS like a slot. Ford is a good 3rd down slot because he catches everything, but we need an early down guy with quickness and we just don't have one on the roster.

I can't really label Wilson as an elixir. He's a solid receiver - I kind of wrote him off after his hip injury (which I have as well and am having surgery end of the month for) but he caught everything thrown his way the last few weeks - the whole team pretty much did. Which is why its frustrating to see Preston back in the mix and us seem to be less efficient since Preston isn't as sure handed as the others and we also like to take bigger chances with him in mix.

Wilson is definitely a better receiver than Grant. Grant really is a returner. It's not that he has bad hands, but for a speed guy he's just got a lot of rigidity to him as a receiver that affects him as a route runner and in adjusting for the ball.

He's definitely a Burkhead type guy. But Bellichek doesn't usually give such a big percentage of the work to these jack of all trades, masters of none type guys.
True but Gaskin would be playing over sony michel right now. Right now we should consider rb a need and get one in the draft. At least he will get the job done for now

No, Wilson isn't great, but he's pretty good... but my take on our offense is not really so much about Wilson as it is about our lack of a true slot WR. If we had an average guy... we'd be a lot better. If we had a star, we'd look REALLY good.

I was against drafting a WR last year, and I'll stand by that, as I wanted to build the lines first, but we need one next year. If we can't build one out of Bowden/Perry/Callaway, we'll have to sign a FA or draft a guy. A team without quickness is at too big of a disadvantage in the modern NFL.

We are lucky to have Gaskin seeing how poor Howard is playing and Brieda while very talented is very injury prone if over used. Also realized Gaskin play about half a game last year before getting a broken ankle pretty impressive this year considering.

We are lucky to have Gaskin seeing how poor Howard is playing and Brieda while very talented is very injury prone if over used. Also realized Gaskin play about half a game last year before getting a broken ankle pretty impressive this year considering.

I don't think the injury prone thing is an issue. Gaskin has had one season in the NFL and it ended in a season-ending injury. I think the durability issue in San Francisco was more about San Francisco always having 4-5 guys capable of carrying the rock at a high level. Shanahan was all about having a stable full, so when Breida got knicked up, it was on to the next guy.

Pleasant surprise but I didn't realize anyone was overly high on Gaskin

Jordan Howard right now looks like the running back version of Cameron Worrell

Every appearance is shocking

By in love I'm thinking of the team's usage of him. He's getting 60-70 percent or more of the opportunities in the RB room.
Wish we had a better option in house.

Wonder what Breida would have done with the same touches (my guess, quite a bit better. Kid's a gamer).

Back
Top Bottom