Argentina VS Germany Fixed!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argentina VS Germany Fixed!!

FFiB said:
Do you actually know how silly you sound? Germany has gotten no more or less calls than other teams and has been screwed no more or no less than other teams.

Its one thing to be sad about a loss, but being a poor loser is something else.

What is so great on an Argentina/Brasil final? They play each other in the Quali twice, then the Copa America a couple times (or whatever its called).

The reason why they play the World Cup is because they like to find out who the best team is.

Do you actually know Germany's accomplishments?

QF: 62, 94, 98
Semi: 58, 70 (3rd Place)
Final: 54 (Champs), 66, 74 (Champs), 82, 86, 90 (Champs), 2002

Since 1954 Germany made it in every Worldcup but one (1978) to at least the QFs. Do you really think Germany relies on ONE blown call or has to have games fixed?

To extend that a little:

since 1954 a total of 13 WCs (not including 2006) have been played.

Germany appeared in 7 finals, 2 Semi-Finals and 3 QFs.
Argentina appeared in 3 finals, 0 Semi-Finals and 2 QFs.
Italy appeared in 3 finals, 2 Semi-Finals and 1 QF.
Brazil appeared in 6 finals, 2 Semi-Finals and 2 QFs.

Slappy8800 said:
Call the Waaaaahmbulance!

aside from that beautiful header, Argentina was dominated by the German defense .

Stop crying and take the loss like a man.

GErmany Defence is the worst i have seen!!

You know guys...sometimes the better team doesn't win...this wasn't a 7 game series....

it is one game. Weird things can happen when it is ONE GAME.

Having said that...there was some odd substitutions that led to the Argentinian defeat.

I had visions of the havoc that Demarcus Beasley caused against Germany in 2002 and the absolute terrorism that Wanchope performed on that German backline in group play...and I kept replaying the thought of Long ball after Long Ball being played for Messi...

Why am I almost certain that Messi coming in during the 70th minute..would have led to another Goal?

FFiB said:
To extend that a little:

since 1954 a total of 13 WCs (not including 2006) have been played.

Germany appeared in 7 finals, 2 Semi-Finals and 3 QFs.
Argentina appeared in 3 finals, 0 Semi-Finals and 2 QFs.
Italy appeared in 3 finals, 2 Semi-Finals and 1 QF.
Brazil appeared in 6 finals, 2 Semi-Finals and 2 QFs.

Your stats are a little screwed up to say the least.

How do you make the finals and not make the semi-finals? :lol:

Section126 said:

Well, we know what he meant, but it's interesting he left out the most important stat: Brazil has 5 WC wins and Germany 3 :D Stated as he did, it sounds like Germany is ever so slightly better than Brazil :wink:

Section126 said:

:sidelol: :sidelol: Magic

Glad to see you're taking this well Dom. Now take a trip north in spirit and become a Brasilian fan. :dday: We're going to win this baby.

HysterikiLL said:
Glad to see you're taking this well Dom. Now take a trip north in spirit and become a Brasilian fan. :dday: We're going to win this baby.

Oh no...Not again.

No more Brasil...or Brazil.

New blood damn it....

I am rooting for Portugal.

Section126 said:
Oh no...Not again.

No more Brasil...or Brazil.

New blood damn it....

I am rooting for Portugal.

Let's see..

If Brazil or Germany win it => too much of the same,
If Italy wins it => we'll complain they didn't deserve it,
If France wins it => it'll make too many people mad,
If England wins it => we'll never hear the end of it from the English fans and their press

So, I guess that leaves Portugal eh :tongue:

It's ok Dom...I know you like pasta so you will be happy when the Italians win it...just like you will be happy when our Flyers win the Stanly Cup in 2007.

I'm pretty sure Dom eats Rissoto, so I think he and Italy are a match made in heaven.

Pekerman acted like Mennoti, scared of putting out the young prodigy... still he is a heck of a coach. If Argentina fires him (which they are not necessarily going to do, consider that Bielsa stayed on the job after 02) I hope they do not bring in Carlos Bianchi. Hector Cúper would be a nice name for the vacancy.

Quelonio..Pekerman already resigned...

And not only that, but Messi wouldn't have done squat against Germany. They where Elephants and he was an ant.

Back
Top Bottom