Argentina VS Germany Fixed!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argentina VS Germany Fixed!!

TotoreMexico said:
Pffff si eso fue penalty yo soy Santa Claus

Dear Santa Claus!

My Spanish is almost non existent, but I think I understand you. I was in a pub here in Germany. There were ca. 80 people and 79 were rooting for Germany (I was #80). They all said it should or at least could have been a penalty. That says a lot, I think.
Of course the player was looking for contact, of course he was falling down on his own. But unfortunately that's the way soccer is played and it will never change until the Fifa or whoever penalizes for this kind of behaviour. Nevertheless, Lahm didn't hit the ball and he made contact. That was a stupid mistake and that would have been the loss for Germany if the ref had called the game like every other game was called so far.

Section126 said:
Your stats are a little screwed up to say the least.

How do you make the finals and not make the semi-finals? :lol:

I guess you didn't understand that I went for the highest finish. Of course when you go to the finals you were in the semifinals. But looking at your performence in the PoFo I am not surprised that you didn't get it.

ckb2001 said:
Well, we know what he meant, but it's interesting he left out the most important stat: Brazil has 5 WC wins and Germany 3 :D Stated as he did, it sounds like Germany is ever so slightly better than Brazil :wink:

Not really, I simply showed that there are teams based on history who don't need to have "fixed" games. I surely didn't know that I had to list Brazil's WC wins. We all know they have five. Actually I should have let Italy out as well but I thought I include them because they too had 3 WCs.

But I let you live in the belief that the game was fixed...because Germany needed it so badly.

:sidelol:

don't fumble said:
Dear Santa Claus!

My Spanish is almost non existent, but I think I understand you. I was in a pub here in Germany. There were ca. 80 people and 79 were rooting for Germany (I was #80). They all said it should or at least could have been a penalty. That says a lot, I think.
Of course the player was looking for contact, of course he was falling down on his own. But unfortunately that's the way soccer is played and it will never change until the Fifa or whoever penalizes for this kind of behaviour. Nevertheless, Lahm didn't hit the ball and he made contact. That was a stupid mistake and that would have been the loss for Germany if the ref had called the game like every other game was called so far.

It seems to me that you all watch soccer for the first time. There will always be questionable calls. But as long questionable calls do not happen in the last minute they are not game deciding.

According to those who rooted for Argentina the game was fixed because of that one call. Its pretty sad that a team which was so superior against a "bad" defense would need a penalty kick to advance. :sidelol:

In my opinion, the referee was quite consistent with his inconsistencies. The bad calls and the good calls went both ways.

But I guess, Argentine Fans are reflecting their team (which went after the Ref after the game). Sad, very sad.

FFiB said:
It seems to me that you all watch soccer for the first time. There will always be questionable calls. But as long questionable calls do not happen in the last minute they are not game deciding.

According to those who rooted for Argentina the game was fixed because of that one call. Its pretty sad that a team which was so superior against a "bad" defense would need a penalty kick to advance. :sidelol:

In my opinion, the referee was quite consistent with his inconsistencies. The bad calls and the good calls went both ways.

But I guess, Argentine Fans are reflecting their team (which went after the Ref after the game). Sad, very sad.
I know soccer more than you know me. I was just describing the reaction of german fans after that call.

I never said the game was fixed!!!

In this case the call happened in minute 89. Sorry, that's just a fact. Do you really think no one would talk about it, if it had happened earlier? We still would talk about it, just because it still would have been game deciding. It's more obvious in crunch time, though.

I never said the defense of Germany was bad.

Your worst point is, that Argentina needed a penalty kick to advance. I don't care what they needed. It was a close game, they played in the quarterfinals against the host. That's not easy, but you should get what you deserve. Or does that mean, Miami should never get a PI call against a "bad" defense, even if it was deserved?

I think quoting me that way was sad, very sad.

don't fumble said:
I know soccer more than you know me. I was just describing the reaction of german fans after that call.

I never said the game was fixed!!!

In this case the call happened in minute 89. Sorry, that's just a fact. Do you really think no one would talk about it, if it had happened earlier? We still would talk about it, just because it still would have been game deciding. It's more obvious in crunch time, though.

I never said the defense of Germany was bad.

Your worst point is, that Argentina needed a penalty kick to advance. I don't care what they needed. It was a close game, they played in the quarterfinals against the host. That's not easy, but you should get what you deserve. Or does that mean, Miami should never get a PI call against a "bad" defense, even if it was deserved?

I think quoting me that way was sad, very sad.

OK. I might have put you in the wrong crowd. I apologise for that.

Guess what? Even I think that the ref could have given a penalty kick. But the ref does not have the opportunity of a replay. Questionable calls were always part of any sports. The only reason why they are more evident is because of technology.

I also believe that there was 4 or 5 minutes of extra time.

I find it extremly funny that the host issue is a big factor suddenly. Before it was not. According to some here Argentina is the best team in the cup. If they are, they win everywhere. Brazil does. Furthermore, I showed based on the history of the cup that Brazil and germany are the most consistent nations in world cup history. Neither need to apologise for everything.

Next, Germany was supposed to do nothing, despite the homefield effect.

And, if Argentina is so great why could they merely manage one goal against Germany?

And, Argentina had still OT to go and penalty kicks to dispose of a bad german team who needs game fixing and has just the homefield for it going.

I played soccer for almost 23 years. many times I was on the lucky end and many times I was on the other end of bad calls. My coaches always said the same thing to us: "stop whining, we had 90 minutes to score enough goals. Whining about one or two bad calls is something for bad losers."

To be honest, when I see the antics of the Argentinian team after the game, read the comments on here and hear reports of german tourists in Argentina being threatened I can say " bad losers".

I kinda felt sorry for the Argentinian team but the more I read and hear the less I feel sorry.

dominizzo said:
Its proven!!

MAxi Rodriguez did not dive when he was in the box!!

That was a foul!!

But When Italy Played Australia Italy got their penalty shot!!

Watever Ill be here in 4 years!!

What a wait

Is there any sport left where accusations of "fixes" and heavy critique of officiating are not present?

I'm guessing track and field, although in a few years we'll see people say HE SHOT HIS STARTER PISTOL BEFORE HE SAID 3.

don't fumble said:
Dear Santa Claus!

El ya se estaba cayendo antes de que Lahm lo tocara, fue un clavado y nada más

FFiB said:
OK. I might have put you in the wrong crowd. I apologise for that.

Accepted.

I still have a problem with your argument, that Argentina had all chances to win on its own power. Sure, they had a chance but so did Germany. I personally always thought that Argentina was overrated. Great players, ball control at its best, but still not dominating when it comes to score a goal (vs. good opponents). But if they were really not that good, they couldn't overcome bad beats. So couldn't have Germany. Argentina got the biggest bad beat. I think, that if everthing had gone right, they would have won (or at least got the penalty, then you never know what happens). That's why I would say that Germany was lucky and that they didn't deserve to win the game.
By the way, even if Argentina were a great team; I don't believe that a great team always has to win under any circumstance. You don't play your A-game every day, you can't overcome everything.

I don't blame the ref. I already wrote that the behaviour of most soccerplayers is unacceptable. If you would penalize diving as much as everything, there wouldn't be any doubt why a player goes down. As long as this doesn't happen, soccer will have the same discussions every weak.

But still I have to say that officiating is a big part of most sports. And it's the only part, a team can't control. It's also the only part of a game that is supposed to not determine the outcome of a game. But if it does, you have all the rights to feel treated bad and to complain, no matter how you played. And to loose a game on a non-call in a tournament, that is played only every 4th year is terrible for a team and its fans.

I can only imagine the kind of responses I'd read if an Italian started this thread! :shakeno:

Many of you are hypocrites. :lol:

Trust me...there are reasons for this Tone E..If you want to know PM me.

Prime Time said:
Trust me...there are reasons for this Tone E..If you want to know PM me.

Would those same reasons apply if Italy was on the short end of the stick? NO! WE WOULD JUST BE MAKING EXCUSES IN YOUR EYES. I dont want to hear it, any of it.

Back
Top Bottom