Armando Reporting Ryan Is Gone. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Reporting Ryan Is Gone.

i dont think there will major changes until next year when the jets and buffalo leave us behind.

rewind to the preseason: ross and assorted members of the FO gushing about the state of the team. tanny finally coming into his own after making a 8 yard drive. with griese, nat moore and the usual suspects.
fast forward the same scene to next preseason.

I've never been a Tannehill fan. At least he gives a consistently honest effort, unlike Reshad Jones lately.

I've rarely seen a player go through the motions like Jones. He wanders into the vicinity late. But I'm convinced he'd take a seat in the middle of the field if he thought he could get away with it.

Then naturally when he plays a part in one late tackle he hunches his shoulder and acts as if he accomplished something, drawing a penalty.

Jones did look like he was protecting his shoulder on one play today.

Awful from Jones- since the injury or when he was pulled- whatever.

I cant even remember the last impactful play he has made

I swear, the “making excuses” line is the most ridiculous thing parroted over and over on this site for the entire season. Realizing that there is more wrong with this team than just the QB is NOT making excuses for the QB. Why is this so hard to understand?

Try this: now that big changes are coming and RT is likely gone, pretend that the team drafts the QB you like the most. Now that the QB you want has been signed, the team decides that the OL is just fine and they do nothing to address any of the issues with blocking scheme or personnel. How good do you feel about the offense? How do you think the rookie QB will fare behind Larsen, Gesicki and Drake?

QB is not the only problem on this team, and frankly, was far from the worst. Change is needed, but if all that happens is getting rid of RT, they might as well not even bother.
Let me begin by saying that I hope your insurance covers butthurt because you have a bad case of it.

Tannehill is/was as a person in the Twitterverse claimed, "The Miami Dolphins of NFL quarterbacks."

Is it his fault that he can't recognize a disguised blitz, was either the least mobile QB or the stupidest for getting sacked as much as he did, can't understand how to NOT sndown the ball EVERY down with 1 second left on the playclock, usually makes the first throw just fine until it's taken away and he has to be a quarterback...maybe it is.

What is not his fault is owners restructuring his contract so it makes it so uncomfortable getting rid of him, it's also not his fault that our brass isn't as savvy as the brass of Baltimore...who saw that Flacco was the best Flacco he was going to be...and they drafted Jackson, of Kansas Cory who saw that Alex Smith was the best Alex Smith he was ever going to ne... and drafted Mahomes. We could have done this with Rosen, but we instead we put all our eggs in the basket of a QB who has been a .500 QB since Texas A&M.

I had to LOL when you added Larsen to the mix...as if he's a factor, when he's just another bad judgement from Gase, who has plenty.

That said, if you don't have any major medical tou can always sit in your local emergency room and wait your turn for some butthurt creme.

I'm 100% for keeping Tannehill, he can be quite effective with a decent OLine. But he needs that protection or forget it. He definitely can not be the man though, other QB's need to be here, hopefully through the draft

I'm 100% for keeping Tannehill, he can be quite effective with a decent OLine.

It's over. They won't pay him $27 mil for that. More importantly, while he "can" effective, he won't "lead" them to anything of significance. That second part you stated is the key.

Doubt it. I think Ryan’s gonna be the main scapegoat this year. But I do think he deserves some of it.

Gase threw Tannehill under the bus after the loss which is understandable considering his performance.

Awful from Jones- since the injury or when he was pulled- whatever.

I cant even remember the last impactful play he has made
The regression is so remarkable I can’t help but wonder if he’s packed it in. I don’t buy the “players love playing for Gase” sound bites we still hear. Something is definitely off.

It's over. They won't pay him $27 mil for that. More importantly, while he "can" effective, he won't "lead" them to anything of significance. That second part you stated is the key.

You're right, I should have stated keeping him but not at that price

The regression is so remarkable I can’t help but wonder if he’s packed it in. I don’t buy the “players love playing for Gase” sound bites we still hear. Something is definitely off.

He probably has a problem with his shoulder but then after being pulled and the backend of the defense actually playing ok when he left its been even more downhill even though he spoke to Gase.

I just wanted to mention another thing off topic of the thread- this team does nothing well, placekicker seems to be a find.

They don’t overpower anyone and since wilson and grant got injured, the speed is gone except for Drake.

Same on D- cant defend the run or the pass and cant rush the passer, some is injury- you had Hull trying to blitz yesterday.

We have a long long way to go, someone better start to continually win on draft days for a while if we expect a turnaround

Last edited:
Reactions: MD
I think it has had to do w the injured shoulder to be honest.

They should have traded Wake at the deadline, not really sure he has much incentive to re sign here anyway.

Go be a situational player for a contender
Assuming that’s what he wants to do. Play for a contender - always seemed loyal to the team and never broke the bank. He’s still a very effective player and I’d love to see him get a shot at a championship anywhere. More deserving than that POS Suh who fell into dogshit in LA.

getting rid of tannehill isnt going to fix this mess, this mess starts at the top...im ok with moving on from tannehill as long as were also moving on from tannenbaum, grier, and gase as well. Tannehill should not be the scapegoat while Gase gets to continue his putrid offense and defense.

For what its worth Mando also saying T-bomb also likely being shown the door...still my beating heart

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero

"Ross won’t hire Harbaugh but as I reported over the weekend Mike Tannenbaum on thin ice, likely gone.."

Hints of Sanity from the Dolphins approach is kind of weird since its been so long that we've seen much of any logic from our decision maker..... Fingers crossed it's for real ... RT goin, T-bomb goin, hopefully shortly hear Gase goin.... Far Far overdue and will be like a shot of adrenaline this dying patient has desperately needed....

Back
Top Bottom