Backup QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup QB

I'd say Winston just because of his gunslinger mentality. If not I'd probably look at nick Mullens. Only because we know if someone is needed for a couple games he can execute a gameplan. It is slim pickings as usual

Definitely not Wentz. He will seek to undermine Tua from the moment that he signs. He has earned a reputation for being a total selfish prick who is difficult to coach. He's Philadelphia's massive problem, keep clear of him. BTW - in 2021 Carson Wentz carries a dead cap hit of $59,220,614.
If we seriously want to try to develop Tua, we don't throw him from an intelligent and high quality backup/mentor like Fitz to one of the most selfish QBs in the whole NFL. Coach Flo and GM Chris Grier have tried to build a "team first" culture and real progress was made, do you seriously want to jeopardize all of that? If Wentz was the answer, why did the Eagles go so far backwards this past season?
Wentz has never been a problem in Philly. He's the poster boy visual for a QB.

He went backwards because he's a mobile QB who is stuck in the pocket making decisions behind a terrible o-line.

That's not to say that he's not hot garbage as a QB, but he isn't what you're saying he is.

How important is a back up QB at this stage? I mean, we could just go for a CHEAP option and just take the draft position if Tua goes out for extended time. After his inj and this season if he misses extended time next year we might be looking to get someone for competition instead and we could use the high pick (yet again).

More Fitz or someone similar would probably just keep us out of range for a new starter.

Just throwing it out there, this is just a thought process not necessarily an opinion.

How important is a back up QB at this stage? I mean, we could just go for a CHEAP option and just take the draft position if Tua goes out for extended time. After his inj and this season if he misses extended time next year we might be looking to get someone for competition instead and we could user the high pick (yet again).

More Fitz or someone similar would probably just keep us out of range for a new starter.

Just throwing it out there, this is just a thought process not necessarily an opinion.
it has to a least appear that you are trying to win (starter or backup) for those men in the locker room.

it has to a least appear that you are trying to win (starter or backup) for those men in the locker room.

We would but if what we have proves insufficient we might have to go grocery shopping again.

I believe in and trust Tua and hope he performs but if he doesn't and we pull another Tannehill situation we might eventually end up pushing the reset button yet again eventually.

I'm not in the draft Wilson/Fields/trade up for Lawrence bandwagon this year but I want Tua to prove himself THIS upcoming season otherwise I might be looking at QBs again next year.

If only there was a QB that could be a mentor to Tua, the rest of the team loves, the Dolphins offense averaged 26.7 ppg, and he was able to bring a team back in the 4th quarter if Tua was ineffective.

If only there was a QB that could be a mentor to Tua, the rest of the team loves, the Dolphins offense averaged 26.7 ppg, and he was able to bring a team back in the 4th quarter if Tua was ineffective.
Tua don't need mentor no more..he need competition..

Mariota, winston, Arnold or trubisky.they all will be looking for second chance too start in nfl.. something like thill17 situation in Tennessee..that what we need..

Back
Top Bottom