Bell Wants To Play Here | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bell Wants To Play Here

If he is willing to give us a one year heavily discounted prove it deal, hell yeah I'd take Bell. I'd see how badly he wants to play in Miami.

That isn't happening. Bell turned down the 5 year $70M offer from Steeler's and bypassed the $14.5M tag last year.
Whoever he plays for this year will pay $15M bare minimum.

If you're saying pass without considering the contract you're plumb dumb. If he wants to be the highest paid running back it's a hard pass. If he wants to take a slightly discounted and heavy incentivized contract for a year in order to prove his worth the money it's a hard yes. Keep in mind, right now we have nobody on the offensive side of the ball that we can build around. Drake is way to inconsistent (can't pass block to save his life) and outside of that there is nobody who's touching the ball who can impact the game.

So you're telling me we're going to pass on signing bell (if the contract is reasonable) and build from the ground by drafting "young and inexperienced" players without a veteran presence in the meeting rooms? Who's going to show these guys how to be pros? I say we trade Drake, resign Gore, build the offensive line out and consider signing Le'veon. That def takes pressure off of the young QB we'll be grooming.
You do realize he pissed on a 5 year/$70 million contract offer last year from Pittsburgh, right?

What makes you think that he'd do that?!?

If you're saying pass without considering the contract you're plumb dumb. If he wants to be the highest paid running back it's a hard pass. If he wants to take a slightly discounted and heavy incentivized contract for a year in order to prove his worth the money it's a hard yes. Keep in mind, right now we have nobody on the offensive side of the ball that we can build around. Drake is way to inconsistent (can't pass block to save his life) and outside of that there is nobody who's touching the ball who can impact the game.

So you're telling me we're going to pass on signing bell (if the contract is reasonable) and build from the ground by drafting "young and inexperienced" players without a veteran presence in the meeting rooms? Who's going to show these guys how to be pros? I say we trade Drake, resign Gore, build the offensive line out and consider signing Le'veon. That def takes pressure off of the young QB we'll be grooming.
He turned down $14.5 million per season last year, I don't think he is looking for a "team-friendly" deal
edit: :lol:

Consider:

1. To build a good running game, RB is low on the list of priorities - behind OL, OC, and QB.
2. Building a good running game is relatively unimportant. You need it for goalline and short-yardage situations.
3. The Steelers offense has been more successful when Bell has not played.
4. As others have noted, Bell wants superstar money - not RB money.

in terms of what bell passed on 5 and 70 doesn't mean much without guaranteed money clarification

No thanks.
He quit on Pittsburgh, so what keeps him from quitting here.

He's an excellent player but given the cost this is not the right time for us. Same as with Nick Foles (although not the excellent player bit) or any other high price free agent that lazy journalists link us to.

No thanks. This team has much higher priorities to throw money at than RB. But if this report is true, it's always nice to hear that players want to come to Miami.

He's a great back but I can't see us being in the mix when you consider the direction we are supposedly going in. Besides, his YPC would be about 2.9 with our OL.

You do realize he pissed on a 5 year/$70 million contract offer last year from Pittsburgh, right?

What makes you think that he'd do that?!?

Wasn't it due to the guarantees past the first couple of years?
IIRC the Steelers don't give a lot of guarantees.

Even Brown didn't get a lot compared to how good he is as a WR.

The Steelers reportedly offered Bell a five-year deal that would have paid him around $30 million over the first two years of the contract. With a guaranteed $14.5 million this year on the tag, it’s likely he could beat that initial two-year, $30 million outlay on the first year of a free agent deal in 2019.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/7...urgh-steelers-franchise-tag-deadline-contract

Steelers only offered him a 10mil SB and rolling guarantees over the first 3 years.

Gurley got 45 mil guaranteed.

That being said, I would pass on Bell too. RB's for the most part can be replaced every 3-4 years.
Bell got some mileage on his body and I wonder if he has 1-2 years of peak player before falling apart. Or he could be an AP style career. Who knows, but it's not worth the cap hit/risk for this team.

He’s going to play at a discount somewhere. Nobody is paying a RB pushing 30 with a drug suspension and injury history 15 million per year.

Let me know when the focus returns to building the trenches-

Signed-ever offense skill player and every back end defender.

Will they figure this out I wonder- you could literally make a case for replacing every starting player on that DL from last year

Back
Top Bottom