Bell Wants To Play Here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bell Wants To Play Here

The problem with the finz and signing free agents in the past hasnt been because they go after free agents, its the fact they dont go after the RIGHT free agents!!. So they blow off signing the big talent who can still produce then blink blink over the price tag and then sign a bunch of cast offs who dont produce. All that wasted contract money could have signed the big name talent who could have helped the team for years and put butts in seats.

This is the reason the dolphins have zero star power. No guys who teams absolutely have to respect (minus xavien howard) or its first down, touch down or sacked. There isnt one rb on this team that can carry bells jock. Bell still has years of production and makes teams respect where he is and sells tickets. We should ABSOLUTELY sign him day one of f/a. I am not a fan of the finz past of signing multiple f/a's and i am not advocating doing that. Sign Bell and be done with f/a unless there is another guy on the o-line or d-thats worth a contract. But thats it.

Thats how billicheck does it and he has done alright. Laveon Bell changes this team day one. We have to start signing those types instead of the usual 5-7 disapointments we usually do each year.

I respect your opinion, brother, but I could not conceivably disagree with this more. The Fins went the “splashy free agent” route for years. It never worked. Conversely, BB NEVER overpays for FA. He does the “low risk, high reward” thing a lot.

I rather get hit in the nuts then to have the bum playing for just a paycheck waiting this organization's time... oh wait the organization is already wasting mine.

What he wants is get paid to wet his whistle in South Beach...rather than helping a team in contention get to the next level.

That man wants to jet ski all year long Miami!

091718-leveon-bell-kal-1080x608.jpg

if Bell can add 100 lbs and play guard maybe he is worth a look...

Conner had a pretty good year right? I’d give a lot of credit, or the majority of it, to the OL.
Connor also broke down due to the workload...

Bell knew the Steelers had that in mind for him. If I didn't think Earl Thomas (with a healthy Eric Berry) would be a better big money signing for the Chiefs, I would hope he goes there and they win a chip. They will have $46 million in cap space so who knows.

If you're saying pass without considering the contract you're plumb dumb. If he wants to be the highest paid running back it's a hard pass. If he wants to take a slightly discounted and heavy incentivized contract for a year in order to prove his worth the money it's a hard yes. Keep in mind, right now we have nobody on the offensive side of the ball that we can build around. Drake is way to inconsistent (can't pass block to save his life) and outside of that there is nobody who's touching the ball who can impact the game.

So you're telling me we're going to pass on signing bell (if the contract is reasonable) and build from the ground by drafting "young and inexperienced" players without a veteran presence in the meeting rooms? Who's going to show these guys how to be pros? I say we trade Drake, resign Gore, build the offensive line out and consider signing Le'veon. That def takes pressure off of the young QB we'll be grooming.

The problem with the finz and signing free agents in the past hasnt been because they go after free agents, its the fact they dont go after the RIGHT free agents!!. So they blow off signing the big talent who can still produce then blink blink over the price tag and then sign a bunch of cast offs who dont produce. All that wasted contract money could have signed the big name talent who could have helped the team for years and put butts in seats.

This is the reason the dolphins have zero star power. No guys who teams absolutely have to respect (minus xavien howard) or its first down, touch down or sacked. There isnt one rb on this team that can carry bells jock. Bell still has years of production and makes teams respect where he is and sells tickets. We should ABSOLUTELY sign him day one of f/a. I am not a fan of the finz past of signing multiple f/a's and i am not advocating doing that. Sign Bell and be done with f/a unless there is another guy on the o-line or d-thats worth a contract. But thats it.

Thats how billicheck does it and he has done alright. Laveon Bell changes this team day one. We have to start signing those types instead of the usual 5-7 disapointments we usually do each year.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'll pass on Bell.

U agree, he is a talented back, but he's also selfish, and, as far as I'm concerned not worth the $ he's looking for.

We are trying to rid ourselves of burdensome contracts, and that type of FA signing does not fit in the plan, regardless of the player.

Also, BB would never do this in a million years.

He won't be cost effective even with a slight discount. He'll go to a win now team or a team who thinks they are, cue Jets. .lol Bell with Gase

Back
Top Bottom