***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

You didn't actually think Ross and Grier would make the right decision did you? Grier probably told Ross that he wanted Flores because Flores is his friend. Ross would say "good enough for me, lets hire him".
You dont know what they did. Stop pretending like you have taken the time to know what you are talking about.

Me too. Looks like Greir called all his buddies and told them he has a rich guy willing to open his wallet for the next 5 years.

Greir - Hey Brian -
Brian - what up
Greir - I got this fool givin money away want a job?
Brian - I’m not ready I don’t want to blow it
Greir - no, you don’t get it, I convinced him to give me 5 years with no results and he will pay you like 4 Mill a year
Brian - no way, but what if I do bad
Greir - I got you, I’m the head guy in charge and I tricked him into the fact you have to tear the team down for a total rebuild so he doesn’t even care about results and says I got 5 years and I have total control
Brian - no way
Greir - way
Brian - NO WAY
Greir - WAY
Brian - Show me the money
Greir - I cant hear you, say it louder
Brian - SHOW ME THE MONEY
Greir - Congratulations you got the job!

Not according to WEEI Boston! Flores calls the defense. The afternoon drive guys were having a good laugh about it while I was driving home. How do you know it was Bellichick, I doubt Bill ever said as much just stood by the call.

In all seriousness, I'm not excited about the hirem but they had Mike Lombardi on who pretty much ripped every hire but said Flores would be a good one because he's paid his dues and come up right. He feels Kingsbury and Zac Taylor did not and shouldn't be head coaches.
Flores calls the plays for the most part but Belichick is defacto the HC and DC. He can overrule anything he wants to - on offense and defense.

I will stick with this interview because it is the closest we come to "who made the call". Unless you come up with better proof to make your case you might want to change your afternoon radio station.
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/12...-rob-gronkowski-devin-mccourty-miami-miracle/

Okay first of all this MF from the ***triots is not even hired yet and I am not happy if it becomes true but, I said this many times the organization will never be fix until the piss poor Ross is gone. The post above mine is what I actually think happened because they are friends which is total BS! If you hire your friends and if they **** it up you and him won't be friends in the end. Eventually divorce.

Then there is this side of the MIAMI DOLPHINS wanting to TANK. Why would anybody in there right mind come here for that? Don't they want to succeed? Restructuring/Rebuilding/Tanking will not do you any good if the coach is not good it is plain and simple. Makes no sense.

Then there is this of the MIAMI DOLPHINS we don't care you are the scrapegoat to get us to be better in 4 years. That is ****ed up to tell the HC of your franchise to try not win games we need the draft picks. WTF! What if the draft does not pan out WTF then?

Then there is this of the MIAMI DOLPHINS you need to make us better so in 2021 we are contenders (THAT'S A PIPE DREAM).

Then I say this as me: WHO CARES ANYMORE we need to have lower expectations because that is what were going to get. I always say each season 8-8 to 11-5. So if we lower the goal we won't be disappointed in the end. If they do better than expectation then they are trending upward.

I think to me right now we are making a huge mistake but, I gotta live with it. They are my favorite NFL team and I will always be there whoever we hire.

Being Italian and all I was pulling for Fangio or Rizzi. But, I guess we all can't win. It is what it is.

Pasquale

Last edited:
Smart...took him 14 years to almost make DC with the Pats lol! This guy is a bum.

Flores began his coaching career at age 23, and in the NFL. That shines a different light on the 14 years. Many aspiring coaches have to start out at small colleges or even the high school level. Belichick saw enough in Flores to hire him at 23, which BTW is the same age that Belichick started with the Colts. Their early career assignments look very similar. The difference begins after about 10 years, when Belichick is promoted to defensive coordinator and quickly becomes a whispered legend under Parcells.

I'm hardly comparing him to Belichick in terms of potential. But how can a coach be criticized for not moving up the ranks quickly enough, when he is not yet 38 years old?

Yet we are okay to wait 7 years on a quarterback who had yet to start a college season opener at quarterback by age 23.

Flores needs to round out his coaching staff with some 23 year olds. Find the brightest and the best out there. I may be nearing 60 but I understand the value of youth.

I also liked it when Rob Ninkovich's name came up as potential assistant coach. Now that sounds exactly like someone who can teach smart resourceful football.

Back
Top Bottom