C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement?

Damn. I just read fans are threatening Skura's family after his snap issue. Rough weekend for centers but that's ridiculous.

Karras had played well all season. Flores stated last week that Karras and Flowers were the two offensive linemen who were secure in regards to them both being starters on a weekly basis. I don’t have a problem with the fact he had a couple of bad snaps yesterday. Snapping the ball hasn’t been a problem for him in the first 7 games and he was able to resolve the issue after the second bad snap.

Fans being so upset with Karras yesterday for making an error was ridiculous IMO. By reading their comments you would think that those posters were perfect individuals who never make mistakes at their job. Fortunately I realize that I am far from perfect and have made many mistakes in my life. So I just accepted the fumble snap as part of the game and figured the Dolphins had plenty of time left in the game to overcome that mistake.

I might be in the minority but I would love to see the line continue with Karras for another year. I assume he is the one that makes the first line calls and manages a lot of the communication and with such a young line having a bit of consistency might be nice. I am ok with drafting a center in the 2nd or 3rd and grooming him to replace but Ted has done a good job for us this year.
There are some good centers coming out next year that are big boys for sure but i don't know if they have a moisture control package like Karras

Karras had played well all season. Flores stated last week that Karras and Flowers were the two offensive linemen who were secure in regards to them both being starters on a weekly basis. I don’t have a problem with the fact he had a couple of bad snaps yesterday. Snapping the ball hasn’t been a problem for him in the first 7 games and he was able to resolve the issue after the second bad snap.

Fans being so upset with Karras yesterday for making an error was ridiculous IMO. By reading their comments you would think that those posters were perfect individuals who never make mistakes at their job. Fortunately I realize that I am far from perfect and have made many mistakes in my life. So I just accepted the fumble snap as part of the game and figured the Dolphins had plenty of time left in the game to overcome that mistake.
Tim Ruddy that was a name very rarely mentioned in his time here because that dude made a bad snap about once every 7 years. I'm fine with Karras and i don't think we are gonna have to break the bank to keep him he is good but he ain't exactly young so its not going to be anything outrageous but we should always be looking to improve the offensive line no matter how good they look.. A couple prospects to keep an eye on

Trey Hill*, C, Georgia
Height: 6-4. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.34.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2.

Josh Myers*, C, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 312.
Projected 40 Time: 5.28.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.

Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 308.
Projected 40 Time: 5.22.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.

Tim Ruddy that was a name very rarely mentioned in his time here because that dude made a bad snap about once every 7 years. I'm fine with Karras and i don't think we are gonna have to break the bank to keep him he is good but he ain't exactly young so its not going to be anything outrageous but we should always be looking to improve the offensive line no matter how good they look.. A couple prospects to keep an eye on

Trey Hill*, C, Georgia
Height: 6-4. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.34.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2.

Josh Myers*, C, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 312.
Projected 40 Time: 5.28.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.

Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 308.
Projected 40 Time: 5.22.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
You could just link the page from where that came.

"He hit the hole nice, A LOT! We had some big runs, something we have been working towards for weeks now. It feels good to have our hard work pay off now." Love it when the grinders who make it happen for TV and silly weapon fans...talk for real. Yeah yeah, he fumbled a couple snaps. But Ahmed went nuts and our big uglies mad that happen. Tua was good and the bigs allowed zero sacks! Build a house on a foundation that will hold it up! GET EM BIG UGLIES! I love you. Still in favor of drafting Humphrey because Karras will probably be gone.

If you really think about it....other than those 2 bad snaps against the chargers......he has done well. The line is coming along nicely and he is one of the reasons the line is doing so well.

If his snapping skills continue like the last game with southern Florida humidity his contract worth will be severely affected. Kind of a double edged sword

I think our success has some of us moving the goal post a little too quickly here.

Yes, you adjust expectations as new information becomes available, but now we are expecting to compete with the KCs and Pittsburghs?

With this defense, I'll give us a "punchers chance" against anybody in the regular season, but come playoff time, it's a whole different level going against a top 4 or 5 team.

We are probably still a year away from being in that class.

I saw this tyesterday, really impressed that Ted owned the issue. If we are talking high character guys and leaders on this team Karras is right up there for me, hopefully this was just a one off game for him and he reverts back to his solid play, because I would like to see him back, think the locker room needs him.

Back
Top Bottom